Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Sailor Moon, prettywall -good enough? - Minitokyo

Sailor Moon, prettywall -good enough?

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Sakichii

Sakichii

Ash-chan

The scan I used was from this image:
Brothers by sakura5499

My wallpaper: "Our Beautiful Guardian"
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/2503/serinagf7.th.jpg

Method:
Using Photoshop with about 14 layers
I extracted sailor moon from the image using a mask.
Then I added the background, using render-clouds with different colours, I have 3 layers of clouds the first grey with 100% opacity, then a blue and a pink layer with lowered opacity to blend them.
I used 2 different brushes for the stars around her.
I drew a pale blue splattered brushing around her center and leading towards the top left corner, this isn't very noticeable-but I think adds a little mysticality to it.
Then I added 2 layers of different coloured cloud pale pink and purple, at lowered opacity to blend as a subtle border.
Next I've drawn wing-like clouds, I drew one, and mirrored it over and lowered the opacity again to blend.
Last I added the text and the symbols -which cheatingly is @ in that font rastered and lower opacity.

I was aiming for a pretty, dreamy, slightly mystical look.

I'd like to know what you think, if it is good enough to be submitted. Every wallpaper I've done has been rejected -probably too plain, so I wanted to check beforehand as I don't want to risk the pain other another rejection. :(

If you don't think it's good enough for submission -then what can I do to improve it?

Just so everyone can see
the Most Recent Version
without looking through the forum:
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/9229/serina3hg9.th.jpg
with poem:
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/7064/serina4wm7.th.jpg

"Chi wa Hideki ga suki"
#JapaneseLover#

keikasagawa

keikasagawa

p|-|33R |v|1 l33t 5|<1llZ

if you were trying to make it more dreamy then you probably should add more blur and glow, also possibly fogged border.

but then again for some reason i can't submit any of mine, for some reason it always says that my submission doesn't have enough pixals. oh well that's all i have to say

hey our roomies are wasted so when we get back to your place,
i'll show you what l33t things i can do to your 5y573|v|Z,
i'll make them 5cr34|v|

Sakichii

Sakichii

Ash-chan

I did have a fogged border...well after swapping around the layers -raising opacity and enlarging the border -this is what it looks like:

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/777/serina2qb7.th.jpg

Does it look better now?

"Chi wa Hideki ga suki"
#JapaneseLover#

uzumakinoai

UzumakiNoAi Nya

i think it looks awesome ><!
m.i.a. =D

Sakichii

Sakichii

Ash-chan

Yay, someone likes :D
But that's just 1 opinion, I need a bit more to go on before I'll risk trying to submit it.

"Chi wa Hideki ga suki"
#JapaneseLover#

The wallpaper looks good, but there are several things that can be improved.

First, the scan. The extraction is OK, but you need to make it "blend" in with the background more. Here's a quick'n'dirty trick:
-> Duplicate the layer with the scan
-> On the duplicate layer, use: Filter -> Noise -> Median Filter, with a radius of about 2
-> Set blend mode of that layer to either "Screen", "Overlay" or "Soft Light", depending on which looks best for you.
-> Go to the layer with the original scan; hit Ctrl + A to select it, then Ctrl + F to turn it into a floating selection.
-> Expand the selection by two to five pixels [menu Select > Modify > Expand Selection]
-> Create a new layer directly below the one with the scan and fill it with a light color
-> Remove the selection [Ctrl + D]
-> Use Filter > blur > Gaussian Blur with a setting you like for that layer

...and that should make it look better.

Then, the text. There's too much text and it's too big. Stick with two or three words and place the text in the bottom-left corner. You can add some blur / blending effects to that, too.

Finally, the background. I'd suggest adding a few more brushes to it, to make it look a bit more complex.

Good luck!

merged: 05-20-2008 ~ 07:03pm
...Forgot to say it: you don't have to stick to everything I had 100%. Go wild and experiment! That's the best way to learn!

Sakichii

Sakichii

Ash-chan

Okay, haven taken your advice and suggestions, Odeena-san, this is the most recent version of my sailormoon wallpaper:

Does it look better now?
Anymore suggestions?

-honestly I think I liked it with the poem thing there...though it could still be in a smaller font. But I don't know...help?

"Chi wa Hideki ga suki"
#JapaneseLover#

ventures

ventures

rabu rabu <33

you can add the poem if you like, just try experimenting with different fonts,sizes and placement ;).

And photoshop brushes are always a nono,sorry if I sound harsh, try finding brushes at deviantart or just google some. There are awesome brushes our there, just need a lil seaching, instruction on how to use them are usually included too.

Don't know why, I just can't view the wall you've already fixed, maybe its my internet connection, buuuu. good luck anyhow.

Signature

Lunariha

Lunariha

Glitter~♥

Quote by Sakichii

I like this version ^^

Signature
My Latest Artworks: Just Realized and My #7

Just a couple of suggestion from me. I'm not a pro in walls though :)

I think the poem is beautiful, but perhaps you might want to add the poem in smaller words and not to fill the whole left side. Perhaps the left bottom corner? More like a quote and tribute to the her instead. I think large words remove the focus from the the character.

I love the bg effect you've put up, since I'm always quite bad with bg (dunno what to put and how to draw >.<).

As for the character, you might want to blur her a little, or add some glowy effect on her?

It's really up to you :)

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.