Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Damage on anime figures - Minitokyo

Damage on anime figures

page 1 of 1 14 total items

I just recently bought a metamo haruhi(changing color) and i freaked out when yesterday night, a scratch appeared out of nowhere(still wondering who did it) even throught i take good care of my stuff because i'm a sick perfectionist and noticed it was a scratch because the color wasn't returning even when i put the figure on the fridge. I feel like suiciding because buying a new one is out of question(my parents r gonna kill me). Now a terrible pain invade me each i look at the scratch. Does this happen to most ppl with their figures or its just my intense mental sickness?.

Alfredigital

Alfredigital

I WAS BORN TO MURDER THE WORLD!

looks like someone must've kept their figures in their boxes.

Well I don't go bonkers and want to kill myself over a scratch on a figure but yeah I get down in the dumps over it. A few months ago I accidentally knocked two of my figures of a shelf I had them on (one is a hard to find figure) and both got a little dinged up. I felt down about and a little upset with myself for a few days for being careless but in the end I am still very happy with the look of my figures even if they have a scratch or two.

Now if they show up with a crappy paint job or scratches then I get a bit miserable lol.

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

It doesn't happen with me because I usually leave all of mine in their boxes, assuming they have clear plastic to look through. The one's that don't, I'll take out and be careful with. You be careful with them as best you can, but stuff happens sometimes. I had a portion of Haruka Suzumiya's (Kimi ga Nozomu Eien not Haruhi) hair come off before and while it was annoying, just a tiny dab of glue got it back on there good as new. If you worry about it too much, keep glue handy and touch up paint. Or we could all just learn to go the duck outside and not fret over these nick nacks.

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

Well i don't buy figures to leave them on the box, i can't appreciate them when they are inside a box. About the scratch on my haruhi i thought about painting it but i don't think thats a good idea since it change color with temperature and it won't look good when it change color. I normally take good care of them but when friends come to my house, they usually like to touch my figures, what didn't bottered me until one of them scratched one unwillingly which is a first time so maybe the paint on the figure was kinda poor because i never though it could leave a scratch by just touching it a bit. And its probably true that i'm overexaggerating over a scratch, but i'm like that, i do freak out with every detail on almost every thing, i probably need to go to the psychologist XD.

flame7651

~Eternal Lullaby~

1 advice... DON'T ever leave your figures outside of their box...
I have this 1/6 shana figures.... I took it out off it's box, because the box was badly damaged (soaked in rainwater...)
I put it on the top of my computer... I don't know what caused it (prolly the heat of my CPU)... But one day, i realize that the color of shana's shoes became more pale... and few days later, when i cleaning up my gashapons (they got really dusty sometimes...) I accidentally pull shana from it's base.... and i can see clearly that the paint of it's shoes is stick on the base.... it's like totally OMG... and from that day, i never leave any of my figures outside of their boxes (i put my gashapons in a special designed glass shelfes that will keep them cool)...

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

mine don't leave the boxes, when I was younger I took a few out of the boxes, I know they have gone down because of that, but somehow, I am too much of a perfectionist they are still in perfect condition...not even dust because I dust them a lot ^_^ but if you aren't careful, if you have pets, younger, even older siblings or family members then that can also cause damage...as well as cleaning them improperly or having it touch something else that can damage it

BuBbLeS!

Signature

klowny

Bacon

me i take them outside a box and display them out of the shelf's but i am afraid that they will fall and since they are now inside in luggage (no not neat they were thrown in there) and now i'm just hoping they don't break lol

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

Why the hell are you people buying figurines if you're just going to keep them in a box? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of buying something meant for displaying?

As for the scratch, how excessive is it? Is there some way you can take a picture of it so people can assess the damage? I'm sure people would be better able to give advice if they could see just what's been done to it.

out of the box? they going to be dusty (well, clean them with wet towel on weekly basis) and as long you're not put them on your cpu or some heat creating items(CPU, back side of CRT Monitor) it would be fine.

scratches? i have a Plamo lover who excel in painting, so sometimes i asked him to help me to do a little paint job for me :D

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

Quote by NorthyWhy the hell are you people buying figurines if you're just going to keep them in a box? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of buying something meant for displaying?

As for the scratch, how excessive is it? Is there some way you can take a picture of it so people can assess the damage? I'm sure people would be better able to give advice if they could see just what's been done to it.

Sometimes keeping them in the box is the best thing to do, especially if the box is display friendly. Many of them have a good clear front or something, so it's easy to display even with the box in tow. But yea, display is the whole damn point, so it has to come out of the box if it can't be seen.

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

Everything depends upon your age or how you collect figures.

If you're going to take 'em out and play with them, don't cry about scratches. Its your fault for playing too rough. If you collect them for the sake of having a set or its your hobby and you have a lot of them, why not insure them? At least set a 'rainy day' fund or 'buy whatever the hell I want to' fund and get another one if one breaks or something. That's a basic rule of thumb for any collector.

Its not the end of the world, really. Just save up and get another one if you're really upset about it. Otherwise, just try to fix it the best you can. Usually when I find a scratch on something I REALLY love, I freak out and think that, "oh crap! everyone can see the dent in that! *tears, hair pulling*". In the end, its not always as bad as you might think it is... its just you overreacting to something you cared about. ^^

for repare my figures i use my friend the cyaonoacrilate

scratches -_-

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to Hobbies & Sports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.