Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Cuuuties edited XD - Minitokyo

Cuuuties edited XD

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Sakichii

Sakichii

Ash-chan

I saw this image "Cutieeees"
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/Coordinator_cz/manga_wall15.jpg
in another forum here by Coordinator, complaint of it being quarrentined, and I was inspired to edit it.

I had to enlarge the image, and completely redraw an colour it, with my graphics tablet, as it became low quality from the resizing, for the shading and highlights I used the burn and dodge tools.
The main changes I made was the addition of clothing -they were too revealed- I changed the pose a little-making the second girl's legs together, and turned the cloth of their shirts they were holding into blankets. I also drew the background myself, with the two futon-like beds, it's suposed to be blurry-as it's out of focus.
The border is very simple, just used the selection tools, paintbucket, copied and rotated.

It was a lot of work and took me more than half a day in total.

I like to think of the scene as two sisters being caught out of bed ^.^ naughty they should be sleeping. ^_^

I'd like to know what people think and if I've improved it enough (not too ecchi/hentai-like) to submit >.<

~I don't know if they are from an anime, so if anyone recognises them please tell me.~

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/382/cuuutiesediteddbcopyij6.th.jpg

"Chi wa Hideki ga suki"
#JapaneseLover#

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

I don't know about the previous version(s), but this one still needs a lot of work. First would be matching the colors of the outlines with the colors of the "inner coloring" parts (for example, you used only one color for the outlines of the girl on the left's clothes - it matches the pajamas but not the red covers, it would be better if the outlines were some shade of dark red in that place).

Second, the background doesn't quite resemble that of a bedroom. I suggest looking for some stock images of beds, bedrooms, curtains etc. on SXC and blend them in with the girls. Think of what you'd usually find in a bedroom: curtains, toys, a night stand, a bed lol, a window etc.

Third, I say it would look better if you got rid of the huge blue font. Maybe make it smaller and of a different color and more transparent - remember, if it's discrete it'll look better and it'll draw attention to it in a pleasant way. This way it looks like you were trying to fill up space.

I hope my advice was useful :) If I offended you I apologize, I didn't mean to do that. Looking forward to the result! Good luck!

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Sakichii

Sakichii

Ash-chan

Yeah, I was just being a bit lazy. My main goal was to give them clothes ^_^'

I'll definitely try to change the outline colours, I knew it looked a bit weird...it's just that I put all of the outline in the same layer, so I couldn't just change the hue, plus I drew the outlines before I figured out what colours the clothes and blanket were going to be...

I know the background's basic and doesn't really look like a bedroom, I'll work on it when I get a chance. I really appreciate the suggestions. Thanks.

merged: 05-25-2008 ~ 07:53pm
Okay, my new -updated version.
I have two because I'm not sure whether the darker or lighter background looks better, I was thinking that the background should be slightly dark because it's supposed to be night, but then the light could be turned on...so I'm not sure...

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3268/cuuutiesediteddb2copyps0.th.jpg

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/6690/cuuutiesediteddb3da4.th.jpg

-the changes I made were the outline and the background -used a photo from google for reference to draw the background.
Better? Anymore suggestions?
Good enough?

"Chi wa Hideki ga suki"
#JapaneseLover#

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

I'd pick the dark version, since you said it was night-time scenery. If you pick night you should also make the shadows darker, maybe even fade the colors a bit. Where exactly is your light source? If it's behind the girls, the girls should be dark because no light falls on them. Look at this picture: image, the light is on the "border" of the person and the rest is quite dark.

Um, when I said "get rid of the font" I meant make it smaller (a LOT smaller) because wallpapers with huge text in front usually are of low quality. Unless you want to draw attention to your text (if it's vital for the expression of your idea), I suggest removing it completely (including the Outer/Inner Glow) or making it smaller -try 16 or 18.

Last but not least, I'd say get rid of the pink and blue corners, they really don't fit in and the contrast isn't too easy on the eye >_< Also, if you want more detail you can add a carpet on the floor, some pictures on the walls and some fiber textures on their clothes and the bed.
Good luck! :)

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.