Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 On Unbelief. - Minitokyo

Which is more preferable to God?

superficial belief
4 votes
honest unbelief
28 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 68 total items

beyondmeasure

From the mind comes the query.

The query's rather simple:

If God exists at all, although he has not chosen to reveal himself in such a way as to eliminate all doubt, and if he's the patient type, which would be more preferable to him:

A. superficial belief, the kind which some belong, the kind of people who, out of fear of reprisal or who are simply not bothered by affliation, stick to their religion, without really caring about it; OR

B. honest, outright unbelief, one which pulls out all the stops, condemns God and so on?

Which would be more preferable?

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

From my perspective, assuming I was God, I would want the latter. I look at it much akin to being a CEO or a politician. Would I want to be surrounded by "yes men" who simply tell me that everything I say and do is the right thing, or would I rather intelligent people who have the fortitude to step in and say I'm looking at things the wrong way. I'd personally prefer to surround myself with those are willing to take a step back and use their brains to make sense of things, rather than just nod their head.

That being said, based on the general relgious concensus, the former is true. It isn't our jobs as humans to question the will of God, but to instead accept and adapt to it. We live for the sole purpose of serving him so that eternal bliss may be our reward. The truth is in a book, or from someone who has spoken to God, or any other form of gospel preaching. Questioning the teachings and discrediting them is the work of whatever antithesis exists to that god, which for arguements sake here is Satan. Those very things that make us human are those exact things that make us sinners and the only way to prevent a negative afterlife is by submitting to an all-powerful god.

Diatribe aside (and maybe a tangent) I tend to believe based on how a majority portrays a religion, that god may prefer blind servitude and belief. From what I hear he's a pretty vain guy who will wipe out a city for having too many gays or pregnant teens. Throw those rocks kiddies!

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

He doesnt want people that's not serious believe in God nor honest people who doesnt know God bcoz nobody will be 'always honest' if he doesnt know God, for God Himself is the kindness, loving, n evrything which are good. it's like He's the teacher for us to understand what kindness or honest is. beside, evyrthing good comes from Him, if a person has kindness, honesty, patient in him, he must be a children of God, n is chosen from God.

Signature

I don't know if we have the same God priincess and I'm Catholic but, my God isn't as narrow minded as yours.

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

Quote by priincessHe doesnt want people that's not serious believe in God nor honest people who doesnt know God bcoz nobody will be 'always honest' if he doesnt know God, for God Himself is the kindness, loving, n evrything which are good. it's like He's the teacher for us to understand what kindness or honest is. beside, evyrthing good comes from Him, if a person has kindness, honesty, patient in him, he must be a children of God, n is chosen from God.

If one goes by this statement, does that mean that someone who generally portrays (and I'm not just talking skin deep here) all the personality traits of a good person is a child of god by default, whether he says he believes in God or not? (Emphasis on "not" for this example, though.)

beyondmeasure

From the mind comes the query.

Quote by aexielI don't know if we have the same God priincess and I'm Catholic but, my God isn't as narrow minded as yours.

Interesting, this.

Please explain.

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: I don't know if we have the same God priincess and I'm Catholic but, my God isn't as narrow minded as yours.

what the narrow minded means, for the Catholic's God n the Christian's is the same?

Quote: all the personality traits of a good person is a child of god by default, whether he says he believes in God or not?

a good person that doesnt believe God isnt good enough, for he will do anything bad sooner bcoz he doesnt know what is good and what is bad

Signature

Sulibres

Sulibres

Avert your eyes from the truth.

Quote by priincess

Quote: I don't know if we have the same God priincess and I'm Catholic but, my God isn't as narrow minded as yours.

what the narrow minded means, for the Catholic's God n the Christian's is the same?

Quote: all the personality traits of a good person is a child of god by default, whether he says he believes in God or not?

a good person that doesnt believe God isnt good enough, for he will do anything bad sooner bcoz he doesnt know what is good and what is bad

But if I know that killing, stealing, raping, blackmailing, bribing, lying, framing and mating with animals is wrong inspite of me not believing in a God, what does that make me?

Ah, now I know; an empathetic blob.

royaldarkness

royaldarkness

Restless Soul

I guess God would prefer honest unbelief?
But then again I don't think God is that narrow-minded so...

Quote by priincessa good person that doesnt believe God isnt good enough, for he will do anything bad sooner bcoz he doesnt know what is good and what is bad

A person who doesn't believe in God can't be good because he'll definitely do something bad sooner or later? That's some negative way to look at things.

Quote by SulibresAh, now I know; an empathetic blob.

*shrugs* lol.

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: But if I know that killing, stealing, raping, blackmailing, bribing, lying, framing and mating with animals is wrong inspite of me not believing in a God, what does that make me?

a person like that could still do wrong things, like, when someone's mocking at you, u try to mocking/swearing at him too. for God, what u did is wrong, for God's already said that we've to live peacefully with others, n that's not easy if u dont know God who is the source of kindness.

Quote: That's some negative way to look at things.

well, look at reality. in ur life, have u ever swearing at people ? lie to ur parents? made others mad at u? against people who against u? cant forgive tho one u hate? those arent a good thing for God.

Signature

God is imaginary and prefers whatever it is the person imagining him/her/it to prefer themselves prefer.

Sulibres

Sulibres

Quote by priincessa person like that could still do wrong things, like, when someone's mocking at you, u try to mocking/swearing at him too. for God, what u did is wrong, for God's already said that we've to live peacefully with others, n that's not easy if u dont know God who is the source of kindness.

Are you telling me you are perfect and infallible?

Quote by priincess well, look at reality. in ur life, have u ever swearing at people ? lie to ur parents? made others mad at u? against people who against u? cant forgive tho one u hate? those arent a good thing for God.

Don't you do the same?

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote:

no bcoz i havent so closed to Him yet, n i want to.

Quote: Don't you do the same?

i dont lie to my parents. i dont against people n i forgive them. i know im not that perfect, but for the people who have been taught by God, he must know what is bad n what's good, then it depends on that person himself. i said this 'A person who doesn't believe in God can't be good because he'll definitely do something bad sooner or later ' but not the opposite

Signature

Sulibres

Sulibres

Quote by priincess

Quote:

no bcoz i havent so closed to Him yet, n i want to.

Quote: Don't you do the same?

i dont lie to my parents. i dont against people n i forgive them. i know im not that perfect, but for the people who have been taught by God, he must know what is bad n what's good, then it depends on that person himself. i said this 'A person who doesn't believe in God can't be good because he'll definitely do something bad sooner or later ' but not the opposite

So if you are imperfect and we unbelievers are also imperfect, what makes you any better than us?

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: So if you are imperfect and we unbelievers are also imperfect, what makes you any better than us?

at least i know what's bad n what's good than u, bcoz God teachs me. n i always try to avoid bad things. would u? read Bible ^^

Signature

Sulibres

Sulibres

Quote by priincess

Quote: So if you are imperfect and we unbelievers are also imperfect, what makes you any better than us?

at least i know what's bad n what's good than u, bcoz God teachs me. n i always try to avoid bad things. would u? read Bible ^^

So you are saying you are better than me? Saying you have a right to exist whereas I do not? Saying you are the holder of knowledge whereas I am not? Saying that all other truths are irrelevant because yours is the only one that matters? Saying that everything that came before you is false? Saying every good deed done to you by a non believer is irrelevant because they lack God? Saying those that do not believe in God are less than human?

Quit hiding behind those smiles. If you wanted to say you were better than others just because you have some Jewish Zombie backing you, say it; you're no better than a bloody Pharisee.

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: So you are saying you are better than me? Saying you have a right to exist whereas II do not?

lol, i didnt. i mean for the people who have been taught by God knows what r the goals for their lifes, but for nonbelievers havent known it, so what they've done in life r useless, bcoz this world is just a place to God to tests us, the meaning of ur life (n the most important thing) is in the afterlife. n it's not Jewish Zombie, for many of us r witnesses of God n we know the He's exist, u juzt the one that havent known it yet. so what if u r better than me or the opposite, for those statements doesnt mean anything to me^^

Signature

So... I have one question, if we are sent to heaven, whats the meaning of life there, and if we're sent to hell, whats the point of being in there for eternity?

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

Sulibres

Sulibres

Quote by priincess lol, i didnt. i mean for the people who have been taught by God knows what r the goals for their lifes, but for nonbelievers havent known it, so what they've done in life r useless, bcoz this world is just a place to God to tests us, the meaning of ur life (n the most important thing) is in the afterlife. n it's not Jewish Zombie, for many of us r witnesses of God n we know the He's exist, u juzt the one that havent known it yet. so what if u r better than me or the opposite, for those statements doesnt mean anything to me^^

You know that's a huge insult. You don't even know me or anyone else for that matter and you make this sweeping generalization that we have no objective. Face it, you are saying you are better than us because you have a so called "God".

The truth is; you hate this world don't you? You hate it with every bone in your body and you can't wait for it to blow up and destroy all life on it so you can go that "heaven" of yours.

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: So... I have one question, if we are sent to heaven, whats the meaning of life there, and if we're sent to hell, whats the point of being in there for eternity?

heaven n hell is the result of the process of ur life in the world. i'd not say anything about what is in heaven bcoz i dont know, but afterlife is eternal life. would u live in hell forever? noooo >.

Quote: Face it, you are saying you are better than us because you have a so called "God".

know what, i havent done anything for God n that's why i dont think im better than u or u r better than me. well im sorry for all of u if u feel like that. but i know God's exist n He always helps me when im in trouble, that's why i want to introduce u my God(n yours), our Savior. well, let us not judge one another^^ James 3:13= "Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom."

this is the different of the wisdom (kindness) with no God n the wisdom with God: James 3:15 "This wisdom doesnt descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic." 17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partially and without hypocrisy."

Quote: The truth is; you hate this world don't you?

? i dont hate the world but i hate evrything earthly. 1 John 2:16 For everything in the world-the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does-comes not from the Father but from the world.

note for today ^^ 2 Peter1:16 We did not follow cleverly invented stories when we told you about the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

Signature

Sulibres

Sulibres

Quote by priincess i dont hate the world but i hate evrything earthly. 1 John 2:16 For everything in the world-the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does-comes not from the Father but from the world.

note for today ^^ 2 Peter1:16 We did not follow cleverly invented stories when we told you about the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

Then you must hate your parents and do according to God's will.

I came to turn 'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. Matthew 10:35

If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters-yes even his on life -he cannot be my disciple." - Luke 14:26

A person's enemies will be the members of his own family. Matthew 10:36

And you must be prepared to shed blood in the name of God.

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword! Matthew 10:34

Then he said to them, "But now whoever has a wallet must take it along, and his traveling bag, too. And the one who has no sword must sell his coat and buy one. Luke 22:36

That isn't very...Well it contradicts all the tings you preached.

Aestus

Aestus

*Baka Onigiriii*

i believe a famous mathematician came up with this problem (pascalle?).
He said if you dont believe and god exists- you lose out.
and if you do believe and he doesnt exist, you dont really lose much.
Good point made is a difference in believing for the sake of believing and really believing in God. Wouldnt God want us to be honest to ourselves and be sceptic about him?

Simple & Clean- Utada hikaru
:nya:

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: Then you must hate your parents and do according to God's will.

it's different, i hate if people do sins or bad things bcoz all of those are earthly n from the devil, but every good things comes from God. n i looovee my parents n fam X)

Quote: I came to turn 'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. Matthew 10:35

lol, u dont understand this quote. sentences in the Bible have meanings that were hidden, so that the people who dont want to learn or doubt God, wouldnt know the meanings if they wont think hard. bcoz the Bible is like the key of our life, He doesnt give it to people free. u must know God first, then u can undesrtand what's behind His words.
what the sentence means is that if u believe God n want to serve God in ur life, u must not turn around n leave Him, no matter happens. bcoz once u believe Him, there would be more n harder trials that u must face. maybe u couldnt stand anymore then tried to leave Him. n maybe ur family would against u bcoz they dont want to accept God(this is what happened with my religion teacher) the point is u must take the risk n face all the problems. soon God would pay all ur hard works. i did n He helped me with my problems, but when i started to forget God (bcoz sometimes u're too lazy to pray or read Bible or anything like that), He warned me. n now i couldnt let one day without praying.

that's all i know, the other sentences i know with my own interpretation but bcoz God doesnt allow people who make their own interpretation about anything in Bible, i wont tell anything until i find the truth.

Signature

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

Quote by Sulibres

Quote by priincess i dont hate the world but i hate evrything earthly. 1 John 2:16 For everything in the world-the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does-comes not from the Father but from the world.

Then you must hate your parents and do according to God's will.

I came to turn 'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. Matthew 10:35

A person's enemies will be the members of his own family. Matthew 10:36

This was geared towards the verse after it, "(37)He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me."

This is telling people that they must love God before all others, even their own family. Also, it probably means that unbelieving family members may become their enemies in a sense... because of their persecution of the believer in the family.

Quote: And you must be prepared to shed blood in the name of God.

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword! Matthew 10:34

That was in reference to the verses before it, "(32)Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. (33)But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven."

Jesus said that in reference to God's judgement of the unbelievers. It is not us humans that will bring about judgement, but God Himself... according to that passage.

Quote: Then he said to them, "But now whoever has a wallet must take it along, and his traveling bag, too. And the one who has no sword must sell his coat and buy one." Luke 22:36

That isn't very...Well it contradicts all the things you preached.

This passage was in reference to when Jesus was going to be crucified that day and the disciples wanted to take arms (swords) and not allow the soldiers to take Jesus away to be killed... and Jesus was telling them that they shouldn't do that and not be tempted to do so.

Not to be rude... its just... if you read the verses before that... you'd know that you are taking them WAY out of context (in my opinion). :sweat: I think you might want to read the verses before and after the ones you quoted before coming to judgement. <_<

^^ Its just my opinion... I just wanted to see if my explainations might help clarify this. ^^

Also, according to what you stated from the Bible... to me it looks like God would rather someone be honest in their unbelief if they choose to be that way. >_>

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 68 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.