Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 On Unbelief. - Minitokyo

Which is more preferable to God?

superficial belief
4 votes
honest unbelief
28 votes

Only members can vote.

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 68 total items

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: This is telling people that they must love God before all others

yes, of course, bcoz He loves us already before we were born. n He's the one who gives us what we need, u know.. enough money, happy family, or anything like that. n also He erased our sins by His Son. parents or family r His way to show us His love. it's bcoz of His kindness^^

Quote: Jesus said that in reference to God's judgement of the unbelievers. It is not us humans that will bring about judgement, but God Himself... according to that passage.

yes, it is. God's the judge n we have no right to judge other people.

Quote: I think you might want to read the verses before and after the ones you quoted before coming to judgement.

and.. which quote?

Quote: to me it looks like God would rather someone be honest in their unbelief if they choose to be that way

they choose the wrong way n they still could fix it, He gives us chances.

Signature

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

Quote by priincessyes, it is. God's the judge n we have no right to judge other people.

If this is true, be more careful with your words please... and do not judge others, its not yours nor my place. Now... if noone has the right to judge another, then we should try to drop the attitudes and go on with discussing the topic at hand.

Quote by priincess i mean for the people who have been taught by God knows what r the goals for their lifes, but for nonbelievers havent known it, so what they've done in life r useless, bcoz this world is just a place to God to tests us, the meaning of ur life (n the most important thing) is in the afterlife. n it's not Jewish Zombie, for many of us r witnesses of God n we know the He's exist, u juzt the one that havent known it yet. so what if u r better than me or the opposite, for those statements doesnt mean anything to me^^

Just because someone doesn't believe in God as Christians do or doesn't believe in God at all... or how you do, does not mean that their goals in life are useless. That's not fair to say to someone about their life. They chose to not believe in God, its their choice and their right as humans with free will (or without free will as some believe). You may want them to believe how you do, but you cannot force someone to believe the same way... its not right. If you continue to attack people... your rebuttals and replies will fall on deaf ears because of your rudeness. You must learn to be respectful of others and their beliefs, nomatter how different they may be from your own. If you really believe that others should believe the same way... do as Jesus teaches...'they will know we are Christians by our love for one another.' "Love thy neighbor." If you want to bring someone to your faith, do it with love... not by telling them that they're lives are fruitless. <_<

Quote by princessand.. which quote?

The ones I stated to you earlier in my previous post... the verses before and after. Also, you yourself should read it... then you would've known which ones I was in reference to.

Quote by priincessthey choose the wrong way n they still could fix it, He gives us chances.

I was simply answering the thread's topic to the answers that were provided (superficial belief or honest unbelief). I believe that God would prefer you to just honestly not believe than to superficially believe in Him... because if you were to superficially believe... you technically wouldn't really believe in Him to begin with. To me, superficial belief... isn't belief at all. >_>

If anyone would like to continue this topic elsewhere than the thread rather than attacking others for their different beliefs and getting offtopic from the thread, I'd be happy to discuss anything further or a new topic. ^^

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: If this is true, be more careful with your words please... and do not judge others, its not yours nor my place.

well, okay :)

Quote: They chose to not believe in God, its their choice and their right as humans with free will (or without free will as some believe).

we've free will but u must know evry consequences in ur choices. n God's giving u a clue by the Bible

Quote: You may want them to believe how you do, but you cannot force someone to believe the same way

it's our job to spread His words for evyrone.

Quote: If you want to bring someone to your faith, do it with love

thx, i'll try ^^

Quote: To me, superficial belief... isn't belief at all

right, but He doesnt want us to doubt or like, superficial belief. but He wants us to believe Him 100% like a father who wants his child to trust him. n He misses us to always be with Him >.

Quote: If anyone would like to continue this topic elsewhere than the thread rather than attacking others for their different beliefs and getting offtopic from the thread, I'd be happy to discuss anything further or a new topic. ^^

uhm, new topic would be better

Quote: Also, you yourself should read it... then you would've known which ones I was in reference to.

i did n cant see the connection

Signature

Rue-chan

Rue-chan

symphonie du coeur bris

what are you people trying to prove? Lol

believe what you want to believe and no one can force one's belief unto others. And some poeple should just stop using that as an excuse to blame others!

answering the thread. for me, There is no God. So I don't what He would prefer.
I'd prefer Honesty though, I don let anyone else ( God or not, ) other than my conscience decide for me.

:)

Signature

:Shitsuren no shinfon? :

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: believe what you want to believe and no one can force one's belief unto others.

we're juzt tryin to help, before it's too late like Noah's story. what's ur goal in ur life if u havent known God that guides us?

Signature

onyhow

Survivor...

Quote by priincesswe're juzt tryin to help

Sometimes, people don't need help, and help you offer can be more damaging than helping...

If they don't want it, don't give it...please...

Rue-chan

Rue-chan

symphonie du coeur bris

answering the thread, I believe in honest unbelief.

Quote by priincesswe're juzt tryin to help

we? i see just u.

Signature

:Shitsuren no shinfon? :

beyondmeasure

From the mind comes the query.

Quote by priincesswhat's ur goal in ur life if u havent known God that guides us?

To start, us atheists marvel at the universe around us. A universe without a Supreme Being is basically the same as the same thing posited, but with a Creator in sight.

I'm too lazy to read all this so I'll just say what I want and end it there
I myself am a Christian but I'm more like my own personal denomination
Meaning I dont give a care whatever crap conservatives blabs about because if I dont believe it, it doesnt apply to me
And today, the Christian congregation is too divided in belief

Anyway my point
It doesnt matter whether it's superficial belief or honest disbelief
I believe that those two are of the same fate
Both of them arent faith and that's the main point
Because one of the greatest sin is neglecting God and I dont see much difference in disbelief or fake belief

So there you have my point
Adieu

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: we? i see just u

lol. it's juzt on mt, u have no idea how the believers try to convert in our real world, they even were arrested to jail to spread this good news. well, they did.

Quote: Both of them arent faith and that's the main point

correct ^^

Signature

oceansoul

Soulless Automaton

To answer the original question, honest unbelief.

At priincess:
So a person who has lived a better life than any saint you care to name but has never heard of your god., is a worse person the a child rapist and murderer who believes that your god told told him to do it.

Watch me fault her
You're living like a disaster
She said kill me faster
With strawberry gashes all over - Strawberry Gashes by Jack Off Jill

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: is a worse person the a child rapist and murderer who believes that your god told told him to do it.

hey, how bout honest unbelief that ignoring his own Father to become his Father also his Savior? that sent His only Son, Jesus, to erase his sins with all those pains? it's not about what someone does, but between superficial belief and honest unbelief.

Signature

x-lawss

x-lawss

Wanderer

You think too much

beyondmeasure

From the mind comes the query.

Quote by x-lawssYou think too much

And the problem with most people nowadays is their lack of reasoning facilities - they just eat whatever is dictated to them, without considering if it enrages reason or not.

oceansoul

Soulless Automaton

Quote by priincess

Quote: is a worse person the a child rapist and murderer who believes that your god told told him to do it.

hey, how bout honest unbelief that ignoring his own Father to become his Father also his Savior? that sent His only Son, Jesus, to erase his sins with all those pains? it's not about what someone does, but between superficial belief and honest unbelief.

So what does god prefer the honest unbelief of the good man, or the superficial belief of the child rapist?

Watch me fault her
You're living like a disaster
She said kill me faster
With strawberry gashes all over - Strawberry Gashes by Jack Off Jill

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: So what does god prefer the honest unbelief of the good man, or the superficial belief of the child rapist?

both of them are not good

Signature

Look i'm an honset unbeleif who chooses not to have a book decide what's right or wrong in life for me. There is a reason I have free will so I can live my life acoordingly. And to me religion is something I see as something burdensome within life as it dictates what humans are suppose to do in life. To me what's good or bad is what you perceive to be right or wrong. Its pretty much the same as perceiving that religion holds the truth of to the secrets of life, God, and the afterlife. So hear me out when I say i look to the heavens only to see the sun, the stars, planets, pitch black Universe. And yes I know someone will tell me i'm wrong or tell me infoprmation I care not for because there is no chance of ever converting me so cheers people. :)

Quote by Aestusi believe a famous mathematician came up with this problem (pascalle?).
He said if you dont believe and god exists- you lose out.
and if you do believe and he doesnt exist, you dont really lose much.
Good point made is a difference in believing for the sake of believing and really believing in God. Wouldnt God want us to be honest to ourselves and be sceptic about him?

Pascal's Wager, you can read about it here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal%27s_Wager

He basically says that even though god's existence cannot be proven by reason, you should live as though god exists, to avoid eternal damnation in the event that god does exist.

If you choose believe and god does not exist, your loss is minimal, in the form of a few earthly pleasures. But if god does exist your gain is infinite, go to heaven, live forever, etc.

But if you choose not to believe and god does exist, your loss is infinite; death, go to hell, or whatever.

But, the question this wager raises is this: is it possible to just decide to believe? I think it's that easy. :nerd:

Its the "better safe than sorry" idea. But theres also one thing that destroys it. With so many "gods" and religion out there, which one is correct? If you believe in this one, and you're wrong, you get sent to eternal damnation, and what not. Which would say, which is worse, to believe in the wrong one? Or to believe in none?

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

Sulibres

Sulibres

Avert your eyes from the truth.

Quote by DarkRoseofHellIts the "better safe than sorry" idea. But theres also one thing that destroys it. With so many "gods" and religion out there, which one is correct? If you believe in this one, and you're wrong, you get sent to eternal damnation, and what not. Which would say, which is worse, to believe in the wrong one? Or to believe in none?

If one were to follow Pascal's wager, one would be essentially believing for the sake of saving one's self and not out of true faith or recognition of a "God". Essentially, its a very selfish motive based on the fact that anyone following this "theory" wants a free ride to Heaven.

The wager is basically a very thinly veiled threat preaching the same dogma of "Believe in my God or perish". But the problem with this wager is the assumption that the non believer believes there is a hell in the first place along with many other inconsistencies and flaws when put to logic.

Mindlessly following the rules doesn't make you holy. Honest good intentions from the heart does, even if you don't "know" God. Not all people are exposed to the concept of God. Yet I believe that a truly spiritual person will feel God, regardless of how they understand him. In that way, it's very likely for someone to be listening to God but not actually believe in him. If he does live in our hearts and all that.

Because you know what? Being condemned for not being Christian is exactly the opposite of a loving God... in my eyes. My opinion...

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

Quote by priincess

Quote: So if you are imperfect and we unbelievers are also imperfect, what makes you any better than us?

at least i know what's bad n what's good than u, bcoz God teachs me. n i always try to avoid bad things. would u? read Bible ^^

No you have been tought what SOME people believe is good and bad, and then told it was God who said that. Also the bible was written by people not God. The books were assembled by the Church and any that didn't support their exact view of God were thrown out. One more thing you have to prove me wrong without using the bible as evidence.

To answer the question i think she prefers the honest unbelief.

I am agnostic and have read this and all I can say is when someone ask me about God I usually use this....

Contcat by As Cities Burn

Hearts aren't really our guides.
We are truly alone.
'Cause God ain't up in the sky,
Holding together our bones.

Remember we used to speak.
Now I'm starting to think,
Your voice was really my own,
Bouncing off the ceiling back to me.

God, this can't be.
God, this can't be,
God, could it be that all we see is it?

Come down, heaven.
Won't you come down?
Won't you cut through the clouds?
Won't you come down?

Oh, my heaven, why do you have doors to close?
Do you have clouds to stop his voice on the way down?

God, this can't be.
God, this can't be,
God, could it be that all we see is it?
Is this it?

God, does grace reach to this side of madness?
'Cause I know this can't be,
The great peace we all seek.

Come down, heaven.
Won't you come down?
Won't you cut through the clouds?
Won't you come down?

Did your clouds stop his voice?

And brother have you found the great peace that we all seek?
You say take a look around.
If there's a God, then he must be asleep.
God, must be asleep

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: Also the bible was written by people not God.

THAT were guided by God.

Signature

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 68 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.