Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 layout changes don't appear - Minitokyo

layout changes don't appear

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Lura-Sharal

Lura-Sharal

deviant

Hi everyone.
I've got a little problem with my unserpage design:

A few months ago I had customized my userpage design. I really liked it...
I haven't been online for quite some time now but when I returned the page looked kinda ... damaged... in comparison to before. Originally I designed it to be in different shades of lilac and rose. All I see now is a lot of white, dark grey and the menu header I uploaded is the only thing I recognize.

Now the problem is that I cannot change anything about it. I can reset the design to the original Minitokyo style (this, at least, works) but when I try to create a new design everything "jumps back" to the damaged appearance of my old layout.

Emptying the cache makes no difference.

Is there anyone who can provide some assistance? I'd be very glad.
Thanx, Lu :)

i've just checked your page: it IS lilac (the background) and rose (the frames) - i see it like that in my browser (iex)

Lura-Sharal

Lura-Sharal

deviant

really? well, thanks for checking (I just changed some colours at random to test it so don't be surprised if the colours don't fit the overall style ;)) ... so at least other people can see what I changed but I cannot... do you think this is a browser prob?
I use firefox. However, I just checked everything on my old notebook (which has IE) and it's the same problem...

What the hell is wrong with my adjustments? If it's not the cache, what is it then?

I just made a screenshot. This is what I see:
http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/6k7v-i-jpg.html

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

I see what you see in Firefox as well. For the background, the images used are http://images.minitokyo.net:8001/skins/279847/html/bg01.jpg , http://images.minitokyo.net:8001/skins/279847/html/bg02.jpg etc, and none of those images are found, which means the images probably didn't upload for some reason (maybe the file size is too big, or maybe it's not in JPG format or the connection timed out while uploading etc).

The strange thing is that in IE, I can see some colour =\

merged: 06-11-2008 ~ 12:59am
Ah I see why the colours aren't showing up in Firefox. When you use the skinbuilder to put in the custom hexadecimal colours, you probably forgot to put in the leading "#". ie, you put in "DA70D6" for the background instead of "#DA70D6". It seems that Firefox saw that the colour didn't have the # and thus didn't treat it as a colour (ie it stripped it out of the code), but Internet Explorer still treated it as a colour even without the # and rendered it.

Anyway, try reuploading the images, and put the "#" before the hex code whenever you want custom colours :)

Lura-Sharal

Lura-Sharal

deviant

That's it! ^^ I didn't put the "#" before the code because it wasn't necessary when I used the IE. I just didn't think about it.

Thanks, MapleRose! :)

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Userpage Customization | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.