Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Horror Flicks...Asian? or Western? - Minitokyo

Horror Flicks...Asian? or Western?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

tAtEkAnE

tAtEkAnE

Eats You!

recently asian horror flicks are rocking!

and i got scared of THE EYE so asian it is for me

(hope this topic hasn't been discussed yet" XD lol

Signature Image

darkwaterbunny

darkwaterbunny

cancha! And MORE cancha!

I would have to say western because I never saw any Asian horror movies!!! @_@ hehe, but I bet their both equaly scary!!!

nuniko

Bionic Teapot

For me, it's a tie. I don't know which one I was scared of more, The Ring or The Shining. XD

Signature Image
Canvas ::: W.C.C. ::: Anime Club :::

tAtEkAnE

tAtEkAnE

Eats You!

Quote by darkwaterbunnyI would have to say western because I never saw any Asian horror movies!!! @_@ hehe, but I bet their both equaly scary!!!

ya haven't seen the ring? and the eye? awwww...go find em and prepare to shake in ur boots lol :p kidding XD

Signature Image

Zdenek

Zdenek

Bye bye~

I don't have access to the asian ones, so I sometimes watch the western ones.

OMG...liek I've bean banned cuz I'm n idiot. DUH ARMY GAME R0X0RZ!!1!!!!

Neither. >_< <-can't take horror at all. I nearly wet my pants watching I know what you did last summer years ago and it totally put me off the genre. *sigh* ._. Such a dumb movie...

broken-dreamz

broken-dreamz

shoujo-otaku

hmm..I can't stand horror..but sometimes I find asian scarier than the western XD [even though half the time I dun understand that their talking about]

Signature Image
shounen-ai - animeclub - strawberry - mts - mt-north - sasuxnaru <3 all these groups, join today =9

shameless plug-in = my journal & my fanfictions // <333~~ minnnaah!

most of the time asian horror movies suck imo. and actually same goes with western so i guess its a tie. though one thing for sure, nothing beats Army Of Darkness!!!

groovybluesgirl

groovybluesgirl

Groovy Girl

western.
I like being really afraid!

{ D.N.Angel Fans } [b]{ Gackt Fans } { My Gallery } { My latest Wallpaper Ice & Dark } [b]
Signature Image
[b]{The absence of flaw in beauty is itself a flaw.}
[/b][/b][/b]

tAtEkAnE

tAtEkAnE

Eats You!

hmmm i thought these asian horror flicks reached the western shores like THE RING and double VISION did ah well :P

Signature Image

I like Asian flicks better coz it's more down to earth and natural... But western flicks are just as good... I guess, it all depends... But I just hope someone would come up with at least one scary film... I love watching horror but it's really sad because I ALWAYS have no reaction or even laugh at the scenes and many people find this to be weird... I'm still waiting for that one film that'll freak me out even a bit... I hope someday it'll come out, whether asian or western... T.T; And no, exorcist was boring... old version or new...

snx

snx

Mr K.

Japanesse Gore flick are better...
but USA also makes "good" movies [vide troma] :)

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

western horror flicks are too focused on blood n gore that its not scary anymore. the only ones worth mentioning are the sixth sense and the others. the rest suck
asian horror movies are getting lame. all you see are long haired girl ghosts with white sheets. too much sequels and prequels (the ring 0, 2, ju on 1, 2, etc...) but dark water was kinda nice
so in conclusion, i dont bother wathcing horror flicks anymore

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

Quote by darkwaterbunnyI would have to say western because I never saw any Asian horror movies!!! @_@ hehe, but I bet their both equaly scary!!!

Yeah same here, i never saw any either. So im going with western and why not im western. lol :nya: :nya: I love the halloween and friday the 13 th movies. ahh blood muhahah :D XD :nya:

Signature

chunli61

chunli61

Chocolate Queen

awww i havent seen they eye. i want to tho. but the ring western version i didnt think it was that scary.. just that the faces they made were kinda gross. but i dunno how the asian verion of the ring is.. it was said to be one of the most scary movies of all time.

there was this one asian horror flick i will never forget tho! i saw it when i was younger.. but all i remeber is the lady that died (she was a ghost now) all pale white and just staring at the children sleeping eeeee.. sometimes when i wake up in the middle of the night i think of her lol! such a wuss huh?

i'd have to say its 50-50 for both types of horror flicks. they both have some really good stuff so i like them both ^_^

Cloudnine

neko mimi modo~!

Definitely Asian movies ^^ Nothing can beat low budget HK movies XD Especially the classics! Rofl~ I can laugh at them for hours XD

tAtEkAnE

tAtEkAnE

Eats You!

Quote by CloudnineDefinitely Asian movies ^^ Nothing can beat low budget HK movies XD
Especially the classics! Rofl~ I can laugh at them for hours XD

gah! lol horror shouldn't be funny! but yeah i tend to laugh at some too XD especially the bloody ones XD lol

Quote by asukwestern horror flicks are too focused on blood n gore that its not
scary anymore. the only ones worth mentioning are the sixth sense and
the others. the rest suck
asian horror movies are getting lame. all you see are long haired girl
ghosts with white sheets. too much sequels and prequels (the ring 0, 2,
ju on 1, 2, etc...) but dark water was kinda nice
so in conclusion, i dont bother wathcing horror flicks anymore

hmmm lol as ya can see i loved the eye coz i keep giving it as an example lol and it freaked me out..and i remember there weren't any long haired chick there...just some freakish guy who walks on tippy toes following ya on the elevator, a mother and daughter licking at the windows, a student who hates ya sitting on her chair and jumps on ur face! lol and a landlord who keeps his wife and daughter's ghost in the apartment..and a kid who keeps jumping out of the window everyday XD it was all good stuff :P

Signature Image

nuniko

Bionic Teapot

You should see Eko Eko Azarak. Vampire high school girls and black magic. Sweet. XD

That's Japanese, by the way. ^____^

Signature Image
Canvas ::: W.C.C. ::: Anime Club :::

Tokayla

Navi User

Ring O .. best.. horror film .. ever.

no western film can match it :D

Signature

I'd fly away
to a higher plane
to say words I resist
to float away
to sigh
to breath.... forget

Tim Jensen, Heavens not enough

asian

Signature

D10

D10

Tsuki Possesed

Hmmm, i'd go with western ones. The Exorcist (the very first one) still creeps me out, until today!

tAtEkAnE

tAtEkAnE

Eats You!

seems to be a tie XD

Signature Image

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

dude, nothing beats asian horror flicks, not a single thing, got that? ^_^' hehe.... it's too good, it just is.

Signature

Kevorkian

The Worst

I've seen too much horror, grindhouse exploitation, & all around sleazy flicks. Western stuff is much more brutal. I recently checked out a short film called "my sweet satan" by ultra scumfuck jim van bebber that will make the true creeps & degenerates happy... based on a true story..with a memorable end. As for Asian... first up we have "red room" & "red room 2". Four people locked in a room...playing a card game... whoever gets the "crown" card gets to send 2 of the other contestants into a large cage & pick what kind of horrible acts they have to do to each other...we have rape & beating as usual...but there is also a large plastic container filled with various objects... hair dyer...screwdriver, tape, light bulb, shit like that...to which they use in their "game"... last person alive wins a brief case of cash from some guy with a robot voice that sounds like a japanese version of Kit. These are highly recommended if you can find them. Next "combat shock"...pretty good film...you can see where alot of his influences came from..right down to the eraserhead like baby....remember rambo? well this is the real story of what happened to the veterans that came back & didnt quite "fit in"....no jobs...bugged out side effects from agent orange...ugly wives & junkie friends...& child hookers are only the begining to the sleezfest...very depressing flick... Staying with the asian theme..."evil dead trap"...if dario argento was asian..this is what his films would be like...everything is argentoesque down to the fake goblin score...its actually pretty good.....till the last 20 minutes or so it turns into spaceballs....but you just gotta look beyond that mess. Also watching Flower Of Flesh & Blood & Visitor Q is a must... ok enough typing for now...i might hit this up again later with more bile titles.

athiest, faceless, ageless, shapeless, mind elevates into states i'm weightless, spines shake when they in the wake of greatness

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.