Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Can I have a more detailed explanation? - Minitokyo

Can I have a more detailed explanation?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Matthew Bellamy by DarthTofu
I initially had no complaints about the deletion, as evidenced by my first thread deleted Matt Bellamy, but the more I thought about it, the less the decision made sense.

Botchi Message:

Quote: The artwork/doujinshi you have submitted entitled Matthew Bellamy was removed from Minitokyo because it was deemed not to be a clearly planned art piece. Please only submit work that you have finished to a certain degree and show effort and planning. In-progress works are not allowed.

While it's true that I did not finish my original intention, in my description, I clearly remember saying after I finished Matt and got halfway through Chris... Matt himself is finished. I ultimately decided to submit only Matt because my computer didn't have enough memory left to finish the entire thing. So I just added some finishing touches to Matt, hid whatever I had of Chris, and submitted what was left.

Moreover, my piece was in the Elite Gallery, so clearly any compositional faults could have been overlooked.

However, that is minor compared to my next point of protest.

Quote: Additional information provided by the moderator:
Non-anime content

I actually checked the MT policy before I submitted it. While this rule holds true for anime wallpapers and doujinshi, under Vector art, it says no such thing:

Vector Art
* Vector art must be created using appropriate vector graphics software. You may not submit works that use filters or other image editing tools which mimic vector graphics.

Nothing is written forbidding non-anime content. I technically didn't break any rules.

Furthermore, there are other vexels of real people that have not been deleted. Everything in Vectory's Vexel Revolution gallery is in the same style as mine, which is what I was submitting it for. Yes, I know some of them are of Japanese Seiyuu/J-Pop people. However, Bleed, Snow White, A Girl Like Me, The Truth, Kill Her Off, Borrow Me Your Needle, Revlon Lip Color, and Tyger Tyger are not. Yet they are also allowed to stay in the gallery.

I could go on and on, and have several more examples, but I think that's enough. Furthermore, a large majority of the General Wallpaper section is not anime at all. If non-anime wasn't allowed anywhere, then why is there so much non-anime? I'm not talking about double-standards, but rather consistency.

Right now, I am left to assume that the reason Matt Bellamy was deleted is because it is blatantly non-Eastern art of an real-life eccentric British dude. If that was the case, while I can see the logic, I don't agree with it, and would at least like for you to reconsider the decision. While I understand Minitokyo to be an anime site first and an art site second, I don't want my hard work deleted without a more solid reason.

Thank you for your time.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

Marissa

Retired Moderator

Marissa

Antisocial Butterfly

I'm glad you understand, because though good, the vector was really very far from the type of subject matter that MT focuses on. Arty conceptual things we're a little more lenient with, but as you said, "non-Eastern art of a real life eccentric British dude" is just too far removed. I just happened to see it and delete it, thinking it was an isolated incident (I don't tend to look at the vectors section), so I've done the others that you pointed out as well.

Signature Image
I used to be that bitch who deleted your pictures. Now that I'm gone, nobody is gonna delete your pictures anymore. Good for you.

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

I remember that we discussed the western-influenced art in MT a while back. The decision was that using stock art to make non-anime stuff was okay (in general walls or vectors), as long as the original image is changed enough. However, we don't allow any specific western-themed things like western bands, western cartoons or western movies.

Those vectors by alterlier are done using stock art, it's not a specific band/singer/actor etc. The Revlon one was done from this scan: Heroine by DREAM which is by an Eastern artist.

So in your case, I guess it was deleted because it's a vector of a western singer =\

But you're right, I agree that we do need to have more concrete rules regarding this. It's just that cases vary, and we have to decide on where to draw the line.....

Thanks very much! I just wanted to make sure. =]

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

Sorry for bumping in so suddenly but I've got a question.
Are works like my "The Singing Sea" against the policy as well? Not that I'd digg it being deleted but I'd be good to know for future submissions. Are vectors of people (or body parts in this case) only allowed if it's asian people? Or are just asian celebrities/idols/actors allowed?

Moar Plz Project @ The Planning Board ~ You know you want to.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.