Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Prove to me that God exists. - Minitokyo

Prove to me that God exists.

Does God exist?

Yes.
170 votes
Probable.
18 votes
I don't know.
49 votes
Improbable.
49 votes
No.
55 votes

Only members can vote.

This thread is full. If you wish to continue discussing this subject, you are allowed to make a new thread about it.

page 3 of 21 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21 Next » 501 total items

There is a God because there is no possible way to become the way we are without a supreme being that is omnipotent, omniscience, and omnipresent. Biologically, we're extremely complex. We need systems that keep us functioning that cannot be explained through evolution, or gradual development of these systems.

For example, the coagulation of blood. When you bleed, your blood clots to prevent you from bleeding to death. These come in the form of fibronogens and such, and help clog the blood. But when does it not clog? Otherwise, you'll just die of strokes/heart attacks constantly. Basically, the entire systems boils down to many enzymes/hormones that activate and deactivate each other in a circular type of loop. This means that you CANNOT develop a system to clot blood unless it was there, made for you in the first place. Thus, something must have designed this for us so that we would not die spontaneously.

As such, the only option available is to believe that God exists.

Um... why does most people always choose the complexity idea?

Complexity is one thing, but time is another, and as everyone knows, things change, whether for good or bad. The more chances something is given to happen, the higher and higher the chances of it happening goes. Who says that everything must be done by something?

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

the existence of God is hard to prove. the God as we know it is the creator and is omnipotent. if we barely scratch the surface of existence on just Earth, how can we hope to understand, let alone prove, what God is and if he's really there? that's the point of a miracle, it's something that happens blindly and cannot be understood nor explained.

now if you're debating the bible's historical accuracy, there's a lot of debate on that. some historical records augment what the bible has already said, while others seem to build more on the fact that the bible is filled with allegories and metaphors and that not everything in it can be taken for literal.

Syukaxa

Syukaxa

Arr.

No one can truely prove that God, or any other entity of that sort, exists. :/ And that's the sad truth. But it really doesn't matter whether or not you can prove something, all you can do is believe.
Some people say that religion is just full of lies and has only caused war. I disagree. Sure, there's been many Crusades and conflicts because of it, but you have to look at the brightside too. Religion gives people a certain hope; it gives them something to believe and rely on, because not everyone can live their lives thinking there is no one watching over them- no one who will always love them unconditionally, and never leave them. Some people just need that sense of security.
I myself am a Christian. But I'm not going to try to prove to you that God exists, because believing in Him isn't about the proof of His existence. It's just about having faith. Whether you think it's stupid or not, that's just the way it is. :3 Besides, I already respect your beliefs, I'm not gonna force mine on you. ;)

Nidelli

Nidelli

Nidelli-chan

God is the only One Who can create trees, grasses, soil, planets, stars, etc. Scientists said that the Earth was created when those very very small particles gathered as one - how about the humans? Who created them? We all know that we were made from clay. He designed us. After creating us, He breathed the breath of life unto the clay thus it became a living human. We should all be thankful to Him for giving us free life.

God didn't create the evil things. All of those came from the devil.

God is anywhere, everywhere. He knows what in our mind, he knows what will we do next, he knows what will happen in the future.

I'm not a Catholic, but a UPC. I'm a Christian, but I know a lot about the life of Saint Elizabeth Ann Bayley-Seton. She made a the cancer of a person disappear. The cancer was declared inoperable and fatal. But it disappeared, by praying to God. Once, a man had a rare brain disease. His wife implored the intercession of Elizabeth Seton. shortly afterward, Carl Kalin (the man)'s fever dropped and he emerged from coma.

I agree with Summerseas that the're life after death. But I I really believe the 'life after death' thing in Christianity.

Just a reminder, we're all living in the Last Days. The Good Lord's coming is near!

To answer the topic question, I'll ask another.
Prove to me that quarks exist.
Prove to me that the Big Bang theory is true.

Although there are "possible" reasons why the above Physics concepts are true, we CANNOT prove it yet. If you're going to say Christianity/religion is pointless becuse you can't prove it, then why does nearly everyone believe that the above concepts are true?
There are enough "reasons" already given for why religion "may" be true. The fact is if you ignore those, then that's the same as refusing to accept the "possible" reasons why the Big Bang theory is true, and blatantly saying "there's no solid PROOF for the Big Bang theory, therefore it does't exist."

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Prove to me that God's exist? no, actually it's hard because God Himself doesnt want to prove His existance or powers clearly, like stand in front of you, or something else, because He's not boastful. but He has been doing miracles and giving clues to us, just wait because someday you'll know the truth.
and what about this; prove to me that God isnt exist, for i can feel and know that God's exist and is watching everyone of us. some of u just havent met Him yet

Signature

ttwen

ttwen

somebody

Quote by DarkRoseofHellUm... why does most people always choose the complexity idea?

Complexity is one thing, but time is another, and as everyone knows, things change, whether for good or bad. The more chances something is given to happen, the higher and higher the chances of it happening goes. Who says that everything must be done by something?

hmm.. about this, is probably (from what i read anyway many years ago, but its not related to God/no God thing) because :
(1) our Sun
- don't burn out too quick
(2) Earth's almost perfect position in the solar system
- not too hot/cold.
- the asteroid belt is actually a failed planet which got pulled apart from Mars and Jupiter's gravity.
(3) Earth's almost perfect axis tilt
- example : 90 degrees tilt will result eternal (scorching)day at 1 side, eternal (freezing)night the other
(4) Earth's rotational speed.
- if slow : stagnant atmosphere (less activity in earth's climate) or become 2nd mercury (scorching one side, freezing the other side)
- if fast : violent storms, etc
(5) perfect gravity.
- too strong : see jupiter, very dense atmosphere.
- too weak : atmosphere will get blown off, making the planet very vulnerable to solar wind, meteorites, etc
(6) active tectonic movement
- not active means the heat inside the planet will be released at once periodically, destroying life even if it forms, like Venus.
(7) almost perfect atmosphere
- an atmosphere dense means high pressure (less likely for life to form or evolve).
- too thin means water will evaporate into space more quickly, planet will get bombarded.
(8) formation of organic-base-carbons (not likely to happen)
(9) lotsa liquid water (water in space is usually in ice form)
(10) chances formation of life itself, because even with a lot of organic carbon, life is less likely to form.
(11) even with the formation of life, the chances of life becoming complex is not likely to happen.
(12) EVEN with formation of complex organisms, intelligent life formation is even less likely to happen. Or we'll see gorillas poaching humans instead of humans poaching gorillas.

and probably more but i cant think of any more right now

It's no wonder people believe in intelligent design.
correct me if im wrong. or add in if i miss something :) i hope this is useful tho.

Its not intelligent designn its more like luck. There are a seemingly infinite number of planets and stars out there so it doesn't seem to be to unlikely that one of the number could have just the right conditions for life. It justs happens that Earth is the one planet at least that we know of that happens to be just right for life. It is not the work of God it is just plain dumb luck.

Quote: (1) our Sun
- don't burn out too quick

Our star, unlike the others isn't a blue star and other such, (forgot the real name) doesn't burn out as quickly. There are more than one type of our star, just obviously not in our solar system.

Quote: (2) Earth's almost perfect position in the solar system
- not too hot/cold.
- the asteroid belt is actually a failed planet which got pulled apart from Mars and Jupiter's gravity.

Well, theres that idea of this place being the perfect position, but is it the sun's position, or is it us adapted to it? I mean there are cells / bacterias (whatever you want to call it) that live near or pretty much on a volcano, and live in waters that would prove deadly to us. People have to note that all organisms aren't the same, and there are those that have adapted to what people have considered the extreme. As for the asteroid belt, I don't read a lot about that, I don't plan to be an astrologist anyways.

Quote: (3) Earth's almost perfect axis tilt
- example : 90 degrees tilt will result eternal (scorching)day at 1 side, eternal (freezing)night the other

Do realize that partially we don't burn and torch up already is because we have an ozone layer. The axis tilt isn't all of it.

Quote: (4) Earth's rotational speed.
- if slow : stagnant atmosphere (less activity in earth's climate) or become 2nd mercury (scorching one side, freezing the other side)
- if fast : violent storms, etc

To some extent, the 1st may seem possible, and it really depends (personally speaking) as there are more than one thing effecting earth's heat, as there are things that are emitted from earth underground and such, rather than just purely the sun's ray. Also, I'm not entirely sure on this, but isn't there more than one causes of storms? Cause usually some storms like a hurricane is caused by a mix of hot / cold air (or something like that, I'm forgetting a lot, :P) and thats what causes it.

Quote: (5) perfect gravity.
- too strong : see jupiter, very dense atmosphere.
- too weak : atmosphere will get blown off, making the planet very vulnerable to solar wind, meteorites, etc

You could refer to the one about heat and such. If it was too strong, we probably end up adapting to it by gaining more strength and such, (my own speculations, since no one can really do this atm). And another thought on the too weak part. Partially what causes the whole meteor / asteroid / whatever huge rock out there to burn up in our atmosphere is due to our atmosphere and the gravity and wind friction (or whatever its called). Though if you want to look at it in another way, if the gravity itself is less and less, the meteors may not burn out or let alone burn, but then, wouldn't the impact be less devestating? I mean, if you look at our world, if an asteroid or meteor of a pretty good size does indeed impact our world, it can pretty much screw us over, but if you look at a smaller planet, it may do less damage than it would have on earth as the acceleration is a lot lower. (This is also assuming that the asteroid / whatever itself isn't already moving at crazy fast speed for both earth and another place). A way to look at it is that the harder it hits, the more damage it does, which is why, in theory, you can take a metal hammer, and smash a piece of diamond, if given enough force.

Quote: (6) active tectonic movement
- not active means the heat inside the planet will be released at once periodically, destroying life even if it forms, like Venus.

Active or not though, releasing the heat doesn't mean all over the place, thus not completely blowing up a whole world. And also, doesn't active plates mean earthquakes? :P

Quote: (7) almost perfect atmosphere
- an atmosphere dense means high pressure (less likely for life to form or evolve).
- too thin means water will evaporate into space more quickly, planet will get bombarded.

High pressure doesn't really mean much, as you yourself said, less "likely" doesn't mean its impossible. Also, a less dense atmosphere would mean that the planet itself is pretty small to begin with, and if water is evaporating at such a rate due to pressure, well, thats one tiny planet, mainly cause the planet's gravity has quite a bit to do with the planet's atm, and the planet's gravity is whats keeping the CO2, Nitrogen, etc etc, more closer at earth, rather than flying all over the place. Plus, it doesn't mean every organism has to thrive on water, personally speaking I believe that there are organisms that have adapted to what some people call the "extreme" and such.

Quote: (8) formation of organic-base-carbons (not likely to happen)
(9) lotsa liquid water (water in space is usually in ice form)

For #8, refer back to the luck idea.
#9, well... there actually have been planets found to have even more water mass than ours, and not just in ice. (Forgot exactly whats the planets name is called, I saw it on History Channel)

Quote: (10) chances formation of life itself, because even with a lot of organic carbon, life is less likely to form.
(11) even with the formation of life, the chances of life becoming complex is not likely to happen.
(12) EVEN with formation of complex organisms, intelligent life formation is even less likely to happen. Or we'll see gorillas poaching humans instead of humans poaching gorillas.

You do realize that all of this has to do with luck right? We have past 4 billion years of time, and every instance of time in itself can have that "spark" or beginning (whatever you want to call it) for life.

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

ttwen

ttwen

somebody

i don't plan to elaborate them so its not very detailed, because it would be very long and complicated if i elaborated more. XD
but anyways

Quote by XRW175P6MQ4
Its not intelligent designn its more like luck. There are a seemingly infinite number of planets and stars out there so it doesn't seem to be to unlikely that one of the number could have just the right conditions for life. It justs happens that Earth is the one planet at least that we know of that happens to be just right for life. It is not the work of God it is just plain dumb luck.

for your information i do not support intelligent design :) .

Quote by DarkRoseofHell
Well, theres that idea of this place being the perfect position, but is it the sun's position, or is it us adapted to it? I mean there are cells / bacterias (whatever you want to call it) that live near or pretty much on a volcano, and live in waters that would prove deadly to us. People have to note that all organisms aren't the same, and there are those that have adapted to what people have considered the extreme. As for the asteroid belt, I don't read a lot about that, I don't plan to be an astrologist anyways.

that would be bio-astrologist :)

(almost) perfect position in SOL. for example, earth would be roast turkey if its in the similar position as of mercury. then, earth would be a snowball if it's behind mars. then again, if earth is in the oort cloud, alien astronomers would define earth as a comet. earth would be the asteroid belt if earth was positioned between mars and jupiter. (or if theres a gas giant in front or behind) and blah blah blah...
bacterias do live in volcanic areas. but they are but simple life forms. there's no *clever* bacteria, is there?

Quote:
Do realize that partially we don't burn and torch up already is because we have an ozone layer. The axis tilt isn't all of it.

yes, ozone layer deflects all kinds of radiations from the sun; but the major factor is the tilt. that's why summer is hot and winter is cold. eternal summer would roast us and eternal winter will preserve us forever

Quote:
To some extent, the 1st may seem possible, and it really depends (personally speaking) as there are more than one thing effecting earth's heat, as there are things that are emitted from earth underground and such, rather than just purely the sun's ray. Also, I'm not entirely sure on this, but isn't there more than one causes of storms? Cause usually some storms like a hurricane is caused by a mix of hot / cold air (or something like that, I'm forgetting a lot, :P) and thats what causes it.

storms are electrical charges + temperature difference between poles n equator + ground and atmosphere temperature at that location ( if im not mistaken, i cant remember too)
earth do emit infrared red in fact, because the core is still hot. but faster rotational speed means stronger air current. stronger air current means more friction between earth's surface. more friction means more charge between the atmosphere and the surface. more charge simply means more violent(and destructive) storms.

Quote:
You could refer to the one about heat and such. If it was too strong, we probably end up adapting to it by gaining more strength and such, (my own speculations, since no one can really do this atm). And another thought on the too weak part. Partially what causes the whole meteor / asteroid / whatever huge rock out there to burn up in our atmosphere is due to our atmosphere and the gravity and wind friction (or whatever its called). Though if you want to look at it in another way, if the gravity itself is less and less, the meteors may not burn out or let alone burn, but then, wouldn't the impact be less devestating? I mean, if you look at our world, if an asteroid or meteor of a pretty good size does indeed impact our world, it can pretty much screw us over, but if you look at a smaller planet, it may do less damage than it would have on earth as the acceleration is a lot lower. (This is also assuming that the asteroid / whatever itself isn't already moving at crazy fast speed for both earth and another place). A way to look at it is that the harder it hits, the more damage it does, which is why, in theory, you can take a metal hammer, and smash a piece of diamond, if given enough force.

look at Mars. why the atmosphere is so thin? in fact, astronomers thought Mars had thicker atmosphere. It became thinner because the gravity cant sustain the atmosphere.

meteorites burn up because of friction with the air in earth's atmosphere, not because of the heat from earth.
impact force is resulted by the mass of the object and the its acceleration.
so, yes you are right; stronger gravity means stronger impact (if it can ever reach the ground) but it would mean stronger friction, thus it would burn up faster. But then, stronger gravity means thicker atmosphere, and again thicker atmosphere means more friction + duration of (heavy) friction. you can refer to Venus if you want a terrestrial planet with a thick atmosphere.
+ heavy gravity = thick atmosphere
thick atmosphere = high pressure
high pressure = hot
hot = no life. even if there is, the most we find would be bacterias

Quote:
Active or not though, releasing the heat doesn't mean all over the place, thus not completely blowing up a whole world. And also, doesn't active plates mean earthquakes? :P

well, wiki about Venus and you probably will know what i mean.
you are right about that. life is hard on VERY active tectonic plates.

Quote:
High pressure doesn't really mean much, as you yourself said, less "likely" doesn't mean its impossible. Also, a less dense atmosphere would mean that the planet itself is pretty small to begin with, and if water is evaporating at such a rate due to pressure, well, thats one tiny planet, mainly cause the planet's gravity has quite a bit to do with the planet's atm, and the planet's gravity is whats keeping the CO2, Nitrogen, etc etc, more closer at earth, rather than flying all over the place. Plus, it doesn't mean every organism has to thrive on water, personally speaking I believe that there are organisms that have adapted to what some people call the "extreme" and such.

i did say less likely. like you mentioned, there are bacterias living near volcanoes right? but we don't usually see anything more complex than that, right?
how thick or dense the atmosphere is completely depended on the planet's gravitational pull. gravitational pull of course depends(major factor) on the mass (and its density) of the planet.
you'd say extreme but do you realise that no matter how extreme, more complex organisms need H20? more primitive life depends more on nitrogen though, that's why you find bacterias near/on volcanoes.
about gases flying all over on the surface, refer above on gravity & atmosphere.

anyway i made a mistake by saying water "evaporated" into space. actually it's not. its something about H20 disintegrating in the atmosphere and the going further and further up in the atmosphere where finally escapes into space. (some complex atmosphere chemistry there, and im no good in chemistry)
another thing is water is seeping into earth faster than water coming out from the surface. (making a drier earth) i think you can google around for that info.

Quote:
For #8, refer back to the luck idea.
#9, well... there actually have been planets found to have even more water mass than ours, and not just in ice. (Forgot exactly whats the planets name is called, I saw it on History Channel)

i think you mean methane and stuff. they form water by (more chemistry :() when there is more heat. you can actually extract water from asteroids also, because water can be found inside rocks.

Quote:
You do realize that all of this has to do with luck right? We have past 4 billion years of time, and every instance of time in itself can have that "spark" or beginning (whatever you want to call it) for life.

we have 2 choices of beliefs here.
(1) God created us.
(2) we are VERY VERY lucky.

as you probably know what my answer would be, i guess you would choose choice (2), even though the chances of us being here is not even close to 0.001%
did i mention about periodical mass extinctions on earth since life formed till today? but, that's another VERY LONG story :/

If you guyz truly believe in a DAMN GOD, then you must realize that there can be no gender of "it".
"NO BEING GREATER THAN MAN CAN EVER BE GENDERIZED FOR IT SHALL INFERIORIZE "IT'S" POSITION AS AN ALL ENTITY OF MATTER".
A small quote I made up just now, man invented god to be a HE because men want to feel superior and closer as a "neighbour" of GOD.
Also if you accepted that this stupid god allows children to suffer rape, torture and genocide at the will of man free-will intentions, then you MUST accept that GOD IS THE "ORIGINAL SINNER", because "it" allows such mindless atrocities to happen by its own creations....

i live, thats enough reason for me that God exist. ;)

Quote by priincessProve to me that God's exist? no, actually it's hard because God Himself doesnt want to prove His existance or powers clearly, like stand in front of you, or something else, because He's not boastful. but He has been doing miracles and giving clues to us, just wait because someday you'll know the truth.
and what about this; prove to me that God isnt exist, for i can feel and know that God's exist and is watching everyone of us. some of u just havent met Him yet

Lets see if I got this straight now. God won't prove his existence to us because he isn't boastful but he expects everyone to do what he says and if you don't you go to Hell. There is something seriously wrong with a god like that.

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: Lets see if I got this straight now. God won't prove his existence to us because he isn't boastful but he expects everyone to do what he says and if you don't you go to Hell. There is something seriously wrong with a god like that.

firstly i'd like to say that you cant say He's wrong for you havent known Him yet. it's not that God wont.. you see if the Bible proves that He's exist. and He knows that some of us wont believe Him. thats why, He gives the Bible and makes its meanings hidden behind, so that the one who can understand what it means is only a person who really wants to find Him. yeah, the treasure of life isnt free.

Matthew
13:11He replied, "The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 12Whoever has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him. 13This is why I speak to them in parables:
"Though seeing, they do not see;
though hearing, they do not hear or understand.
15For this people's heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.

Quote: he expects everyone to do what he says and if you don't you go to Hell. There is something seriously wrong with a god like that.

and what is so wrong with it? your parents or governments say, if you break the rules, they'll give you punishments. and you must accept reality that God's your Father, He make rules, because He creates you, and He knows what is good and what is bad. you just complain because you dont want to do what He asks.

Signature

Nubes

Nubes

Blah blah blah!!!

ok... i have my own beliefs of Goooood....dddessss

I do not believe in the God of the bible, nor other Gods of other religions... I believe """God""" is a Goddess becuz, if u think about it and see the similarity between that God and a woman, female, girl, chick, mother, giving birth, etc etc etc. is ridicule to call it... to call IT by sex, even though I'm contradicting myself.

So for the summary, it doens't necessary to call it by a name, or to prove the existence of that entity... is the fact that everyone needs someone, something to believe, rely her or his thoughts on that entity, or whatever u call it.

U can call it life, energy, nature, or the hand of the universe... but the fact is miracles happens, and then there's a scientist provin the miracle... but in that matter... How do u know u're alive? Is really water what we drink and not other thing? Are we dead and are livin in hell right now?

U know those things can't be proved, so stop asking questions that a way or another are not goin to be responded even for the most intellegent person, or scientist in the whole world or a prophet down to earth.

U should seek your own answers livin and discovering, feeling what is worth and payin attention for the same reasons...

Love!

bloodD

bloodD

The Darkness King

Quote by Nubesok... i have my own beliefs of Goooood....dddessss

I do not believe in the God of the bible, nor other Gods of other religions... I believe """God""" is a Goddess becuz, if u think about it and see the similarity between that God and a woman, female, girl, chick, mother, giving birth, etc etc etc. is ridicule to call it... to call IT by sex, even though I'm contradicting myself.

So for the summary, it doens't necessary to call it by a name, or to prove the existence of that entity... is the fact that everyone needs someone, something to believe, rely her or his thoughts on that entity, or whatever u call it.

U can call it life, energy, nature, or the hand of the universe... but the fact is miracles happens, and then there's a scientist provin the miracle... but in that matter... How do u know u're alive? Is really water what we drink and not other thing? Are we dead and are livin in hell right now?

U know those things can't be proved, so stop asking questions that a way or another are not goin to be responded even for the most intellegent person, or scientist in the whole world or a prophet down to earth.

U should seek your own answers livin and discovering, feeling what is worth and payin attention for the same reasons...

Love!

What you mention is very true the reason why you believe in God ONLY is because you higher self informed you this knowledge. And that knowledge is that you are God. I too reason with you not calling it God but I call it energy that is there to be used. But there is something that you and all need to understand we are living in a system of control that is trying desperately to separate us from the soul which is God itself. When we were born we was able to see certain entities that were never understood, that is proof that we have hidden abilities. We are here to flow with nature not heading the opposite direction, so we cant continue with our life of today.

They want us to relay on someone thats the game, (you know who I speak?) So that we cant go against them but fight amongst ourselves about whats right or wrong. All we have is believes but know nothing about our origins because we are in a high level of manipulation.

ttwen

ttwen

somebody

Nubes: i'll just ignore your post, it sounds nonsensical rantings to me

bloodD: i see that you views are.. unique...

Quote by priincessfirstly i'd like to say that you cant say He's wrong for you havent known Him yet. it's not that God wont.. you see if the Bible proves that He's exist. and He knows that some of us wont believe Him. thats why, He gives the Bible and makes its meanings hidden behind, so that the one who can understand what it means is only a person who really wants to find Him. yeah, the treasure of life isnt free.

Matthew
13:11He replied, "The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 12Whoever has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him. 13This is why I speak to them in parables:
"Though seeing, they do not see;
though hearing, they do not hear or understand.
15For this people's heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.

and what is so wrong with it? your parents or governments say, if you break the rules, they'll give you punishments. and you must accept reality that God's your Father, He make rules, because He creates you, and He knows what is good and what is bad. you just complain because you dont want to do what He asks.

Can anyone else see what is wrong with this picture? God will not reveal himself to us because it would seem boastful, God has hidden meanings in the bible, and yet his will is the absolute final law and if you don't follow it you go to hell. How can God expect people to do as he says when he makes no attempt to even announce his existence? For a supposedly omnipotent and omniscient god who could easily make 6billion or more copies of himself and track down every person on earth to announce his existence in person, something sounds a little wrong. A believer might tell you that he works through his followers to reach the nonbelievers. An omnipotent and omniscient god does not need them. He does not need you or me to accomplish anything. Supposedly God loves us. Personally I do not think you would want someone you love to go to Hell. Does he not want us all to go to heaven instead of hell? Why would a loving God not do anything in his power (short of mind control of course) to prevent us from going to hell?

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." - U.S. Declaration of Independence

As a God who reigns as a king of kings with this world as his kingdom I believe that his rule is an unjust form of government and propose that it be overthrown.

merged: 07-18-2008 ~ 05:54pm
God is not even a form of energy because he does not meet the definition of energy. Energy is defined as the capacity to do work. Work is the quantity of energy transferred from one system to another without an accompanying transfer of entropy. Since religion is usually the belief in God, and religion has caused a large amount of unrest and violence, God has caused an entropy increase in the system, therefore God is not energy.

Its a government no human or alien can overthrow. I think that God does exist. I was taught that way and I believe it. Please do not change my opinion because I will just call you stupid.

Whats up?

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

Quote by WatermelonIslandIts a government no human or alien can overthrow. I think that God does exist. I was taught that way and I believe it. Please do not change my opinion because I will just call you stupid.

That quote proves the danger of religion. I checked your userpage, it says you are 11 years old. You have been taught to believe one thing and there is nothing anybody can say to change your mind. So I could have easily drilled racism into your brain and taught you that black people only rape, murder and steal, and you would have already been so fargone in your belief that nobody could convince you otherwise.

Life is about discovery and determining the truth for yourself. The fact is, nothing outside of your closed bubble of "truth" will ever be able to convince you otherwise.

Besides, no one can CHANGE your opinion, but we sure as hell can CHALLENGE your opinion. If you have a problem with that concept, you may want to stay away from this part of MT.

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

bloodD

bloodD

The Darkness King

Quote by XRW175P6MQ4So we are not all energy tell me are you a spirit and what happens when you depart from your body after all do not get too attach to this body. For instance, its just a host that conserves energy. We are all ancient as souls here to experience and develop but that has been striped away from other beings. And that makes me MAD!

So we are not all energy tell me are you a spirit and what happens when you depart from your body after all do not get too attach to this body. For instance, its just a host that conserves energy. We are all ancient as souls here to experience and develop. However, that opportunity has been destroyed by other beings. And that makes me MAD!?!

What a mess we are! We cant even fight together as one there is no words to describe the logic but we are BIG COWARDS.

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: i think shes not good at expressing
so don't bully her

uhm,.. i never think it's a bullying form. it doesnt matter anyway ^^

Quote: How can God expect people to do as he says when he makes no attempt to even announce his existence?

He shows Himself only for the people who believe Him and try to find Him. for the one who doesnt believe Him is being persuaded by the devil,.. they are caught by the devil, it means they accept what the devil asks. and why He gives a key of life for someone who doesnt want accept His existance? for he wont understand what He says or what are His plans to him. but, he could change.

Quote: He does not need you or me to accomplish anything.

He shows His love to you by giving what you want throught your parents, for example.

Quote: Does he not want us all to go to heaven instead of hell?

He wants, but you ignored Him first before you know Him well.

Quote: Why would a loving God not do anything in his power (short of mind control of course) to prevent us from going to hell?

all of us need test so we can be a better person. do you think heaven is a free place for everyone, include bad people? He's perfect, many of us doesnt want to be.

Quote: As a God who reigns as a king of kings with this world as his kingdom I believe that his rule is an unjust form of government and propose that it be overthrown.

dont compare any earthly laws to God's law; He's the only one who you must follow. yes, the earthly thing is important too, but remember, law in this world is made to us; humans, that isnt perfect yet because we're easily can be persuaded by the devil. the laws are to make our life easier, doesnt mean it's the wiser law or the best one, for it's made by humans. we can change our rules, but God's law is forever, no mistakes there.

Quote: and religion has caused a large amount of unrest and violence

the man himself cause violence, for nothing in God's words agree with any violence.

Quote: therefore God is not energy.

and dont compare God to anything earthly. it doesnt connect each other

Signature

1. How is a person supposed to believe in God or look for him when they do not know if he is even real in the first place?
2. Why does God even need us? He can't possibly need us for anything. Yet here we are and we are either required to worship him for all eternity or burn in hell for all eternity. Is a God that demands worship and yet "is not boastful" a little bit hypocritical.
3. So you think I have ignored him? That is simply not true. All I am saying is that religion is wrong and there is no God as you would no it.
4. I never said that bad people should be let into heaven. I was only saying that God could try a little harder to keep us from eternal hellfire.
5. Alright you got me on that one.
6. Although somehow God's word is vague and open to interpretation. You would think he could clarify it so that religious violence could stop or does he not care enough to keep his own from killing each other. Take Islam and Christianity according to both they are the only right religion. So one religion goes to heaven one doesn't.
7. How can nothing earthly connect to the God that supposedly created the entire planet? Also you obviously read to much into that one. I was just saying God does not qualify as energy according to definition same as God is not a turtle by definition. Since God cannot be energy there must be some other word that could accurately represent him....oh wait we already have one "God"

page 3 of 21 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21 Next » 501 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.