Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Prove to me that God exists. - Minitokyo

Prove to me that God exists.

Does God exist?

Yes.
170 votes
Probable.
18 votes
I don't know.
49 votes
Improbable.
49 votes
No.
55 votes

Only members can vote.

This thread is full. If you wish to continue discussing this subject, you are allowed to make a new thread about it.

page 4 of 21 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21 Next » 501 total items

bloodD

bloodD

The Darkness King

Quote by XRW175P6MQ41. How is a person supposed to believe in God or look for him when they do not know if he is even real in the first place?
2. Why does God even need us? He can't possibly need us for anything. Yet here we are and we are either required to worship him for all eternity or burn in hell for all eternity. Is a God that demands worship and yet "is not boastful" a little bit hypocritical.
3. So you think I have ignored him? That is simply not true. All I am saying is that religion is wrong and there is no God as you would no it.
4. I never said that bad people should be let into heaven. I was only saying that God could try a little harder to keep us from eternal hellfire.
5. Alright you got me on that one.
6. Although somehow God's word is vague and open to interpretation. You would think he could clarify it so that religious violence could stop or does he not care enough to keep his own from killing each other. Take Islam and Christianity according to both they are the only right religion. So one religion goes to heaven one doesn't.
7. How can nothing earthly connect to the God that supposedly created the entire planet? Also you obviously read to much into that one. I was just saying God does not qualify as energy according to definition same as God is not a turtle by definition. Since God cannot be energy there must be some other word that could accurately represent him....oh wait we already have one "God"

I agree with you what you mean on most aspects but you must understand that everything is a form of energy including you.

ttwen

ttwen

somebody

Quote by priincess
dont compare any earthly laws to God's law; He's the only one who you must follow. yes, the earthly thing is important too, but remember, law in this world is made to us; humans, that isnt perfect yet because we're easily can be persuaded by the devil. the laws are to make our life easier, doesnt mean it's the wiser law or the best one, for it's made by humans. we can change our rules, but God's law is forever, no mistakes there.

as long as they don't break the 10 commandments, "earthly" laws are ok

Quote:
and dont compare God to anything earthly. it doesnt connect each other

*points to Jesus* what about Him

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: 1. How is a person supposed to believe in God or look for him when they do not know if he is even real in the first place?

haha, that's your problem. if you had a faith, someday you could feel His existance. a mother can feel that her son is still alive, far way from she's living. why cant you? if you have a will, He'll show Himself to you, i dont know how, but He will.

Quote: Why does God even need us? He can't possibly need us for anything.

why a busy parent need a child? He misses His childs to go and live with Him. He misses every single person in this earth to trust Him as our Savior and our Father.

Quote: Yet here we are and we are either required to worship him for all eternity or burn in hell for all eternity

worship or burn in hell? no, not like that. worship is one of a form that shows we love Him. it's not about the worshipping, it's about our faith, that we think we have to praise Him as a mercy form.

Quote: So you think I have ignored him? That is simply not true. All I am saying is that religion is wrong and there is no God as you would no it.

you havent met. thousands of us have met Him, you know that?

Quote: I was only saying that God could try a little harder to keep us from eternal hellfire.

little harder, you said? you ignored Him alot of times, i couldnt count. do you think what im trying to do now isnt hard enough.

Quote: 5. Alright you got me on that one.

oh my, at last.. -_-

Quote: You would think he could clarify

clarify on what? He doesnt need to, His plan never changes, He never get surprise of everything. do you know who makes us against each other? the devil; his main purpose( i dont know how to call the devil as 'he', 'it' or what..)

Quote: Since God cannot be energy there must be some other word that could accurately represent him....oh wait we already have one "God"

yes, God. you dont need anything else to understand that He's our Father, we just feel it.

Quote: How can nothing earthly connect to the God that supposedly created the entire planet?

you know, He's not water, energy, atoms, or whatever earthly you can figure.

Quote: as long as they don't break the 10 commandments, "earthly" laws are ok

hey, there's no better answer than this.

Quote: *points to Jesus* what about Him

well? Jesus is different from us

Signature

Quote by bloodDI agree with you what you mean on most aspects but you must understand that everything is a form of energy including you.

Well energy can be defined as the ability to do work. Since i do not believe God is in fact real he can not do anything including work (as defined scientifically of course). Since he cannot do work he must not have energy. Your right about everything being energy though. If you can exert a force on another object or you have or are composed of energy....even rocks all matter exerts a gravitational field on all other matter. Did you know that sunlight has a weight? Its like a pound per square mile i think (probably measured near the equator), but i can't remember exactly.

merged: 07-21-2008 ~ 01:14pm
1. priincess answer the question i'm not referring to myself necessarily. How is a person to even know that they are supposed to believe in God if they do not know he is real to begin with? Yes, there are people very much like yourself that seem to have taken on the divine duty of informing nonbelievers, but how is this different than say, the tooth fair? In other words why should anyone believe your or anyone else proclaiming the word of God, over my parents he told me about the tooth fairy?
2. Parents need to have children to keep the species alive, and maybe because they're lonely or just want to. God never dies and does not need to reproduce to survive. God also is supposedly perfect and does not feel lonely.
3. So we don't have to worship God, but we do have to praise him. How are these two different? You're doing nothing but furthering my point.
4. Thousands have met him? You're not some kind of weird cult are you becuase there are a lot more Christians out there? No offense but that statement does seem strange...more than i usually expect from you.
5. I don't what to say. sounded like 3 different people talking. Maybe check to see your are writing from the same point of vie (1st, 3rd , etc.).
6. You could try his name. It's Lucifer, but I call him Mr. Poky (becuase of the horns and pitchfork).
7. No further argument is really necessary on this statement.
8. Again what about Jesus? according a pastor at a church i used to go to Jesus was 100%God AND 100% man. Since men come from earth Jesus is both from earth and from heaven. Jesus is the link between God and Earth.

i do not believe the answer that you are seeking is one of either god exist or not, take 1984 for example, those that control the present control the past, so the historical inaccuracy is already apparent. however, take it from a science point of view as well, i believe its the hycenberg principle that states there is always a sense of randomness. if you look at it the big bang theory that ties into darwin is the same as creationism.

instead of god creating the universe, a random force suddenly expands out of nowhere and life begins slowly with light and water, thus creating evolving bacteria that transforms into organisms.

now back to the question, i myself do not believe in god, but to say trust in science is the EXACT same thing is to have faith in god, because you have to have ALOT of faith in science to trust it's evidence in a world that MANKIND created (1984) however, if you do look at the institution of religion from a christian point of view, look at the holy trinity as well as every other religion which has the SAME archetypes. So if you really look at it every culture has some sort of religious aspect that is the exact the same as other cultures.

maybe try reading joseph campbell ( i think thats how you spell it ) sigmund frued as well as alot of other similar philosopher and you might just realize that maybe the institution of religion which all contain heaven really states that heaven in on earth.

what i see people do not realize is this a saying that goes somelike like lift a stone and god is there, well something like that then it continues, life a stick god is there. But the main part of the saying is something about heaven is there. I believe that the quote is saying heaven is made of stick and stones, and look around you, stick and stone is the physical properties of your life.

So in essence, i am not proving that god exist, but i am simply questioning your evidence that he does not. So whose right to say? i guess we'll find out in the end.

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

Exactly... you were TAUGHT those things. You didn't discover these truths. You didn't have an epiphany that showed you these truths. You had it nailed into your brain and now are too thick-skulled to discuss it.

And I'll worry about the way the afterlife judges me when the time comes. You have bigger things to worry about in the current life you live. At your age you shouldn't sound like you do, so I fear you are going to grow up full of hate for those around you who do not believe as you do. To say you don't care about people being punished shows you are self-absorbed in your own shallow belief system. I only hope that as you get older, you'll have your eyes opened by a simple word called 'logic'.

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

RikuH

RikuH

Lila Hayase

Read "Discourse on the Method" - Descartes, he explains why God exists in a rational way, it's worth it.
But if you want, read some Nietzsche's books and you will think that God doesn't exist.
Everything ends in a paradox.

ttwen

ttwen

somebody

he whose thoughts change easily over other people's opinions do not make a great person, shoujoboy.

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

And he who is not open to possiblities is far worse.

Sakura-Dust

Sakura-Dust

puppies that bite

Let's just start with the beginning.
Screw Big Bang and stuff!
Planets are believed to be created from dust in a bazillion of years; dust is also made from micro cells and so on. My point is that somehow, everything was created from nothingness. Even the smallest molecule can't just appear all of a sudden, it has to be created somehow.
'God', a supreme being, sure sounds like fiction, and honestly I don't believe in the teachings of the Bible. But something must've happened since we exist. I refuse to believe I evolved from a primate with no explanation for its existence.
And why do you need proof that God exists if you deny everything?
To believe or not, it's up to you. Don't force yourself, we all have our beliefs in our own view of 'God'.

Signature

As long as your beliefs do not interfere with scientific progress and do not pollute the minds of others (think cults and polygamists) I do not truly care what you believe.

Sir, its not my place to challenge what you think. I will follow what God wants me to do as it is written. Its God's place to punish you accordingly in the afterlife.
Can't write too much. Got homework.

Whats up?

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: How is a person to even know that they are supposed to believe in God if they do not know he is real to begin with?

there's always a feeling of knowing that God's here if you're really God's children, or the chosen. you only think that physically proof is important, dont you? well, i hope you can do this.. before you ignore Him more, you cant say He isnt exist because you havent known the truth yet.

Quote: God never dies and does not need to reproduce to survive. God also is supposedly perfect and does not feel lonely.

supposedly? i think you dont even know who God is. we cant let our earthly mind to think bout God, it's more about feelings .. and faith.

Quote: So we don't have to worship God, but we do have to praise him. How are these two different? You're doing nothing but furthering my point.

it's different if you worship Him without any faith to Him, it's like you're lying. we worship to thank to Him, not by any force. the 'have to' doesnt exactly has the same meaning with what you're thinking.

Quote: Thousands have met him? You're not some kind of weird cult are you becuase there are a lot more Christians out there? No offense but that statement does seem strange...more than i usually expect from you.

again, what do you know about Christianity? you cant say anything if you dont even know. what i meant with 'met Him' is that God has shown Himself to so many people by the believers, like priest, or a faithful man. then the people become to know and serve Him with faith. a man with a big faith will be shown God's voice by his dreams, He'll answer his hopes; it makes the man and God become to 'connect each other', because if the man has a will, the holy spirit inside him will guide him to God. i said in parables.

Quote: Again what about Jesus? according a pastor at a church i used to go to Jesus was 100%God AND 100% man. Since men come from earth Jesus is both from earth and from heaven. Jesus is the link between God and Earth.

yes, but He doesnt have earthly mind, do you know what earthly mind is? a mind full of lies, falseness, enjoy hurting people, revenge, hate, such like it.

Quote: Sir, its not my place to challenge what you think. I will follow what God wants me to do as it is written. Its God's place to punish you accordingly in the afterlife.

yup, giving punishments is God's right, not us

Signature

bloodD

bloodD

The Darkness King

Quote by Sakura-DustLet's just start with the beginning.
Screw Big Bang and stuff!
Planets are believed to be created from dust in a bazillion of years; dust is also made from micro cells and so on. My point is that somehow, everything was created from nothingness. Even the smallest molecule can't just appear all of a sudden, it has to be created somehow.
'God', a supreme being, sure sounds like fiction, and honestly I don't believe in the teachings of the Bible. But something must've happened since we exist. I refuse to believe I evolved from a primate with no explanation for its existence.
And why do you need proof that God exists if you deny everything?
To believe or not, it's up to you. Don't force yourself, we all have our beliefs in our own view of 'God'.

Everything was created from a believe system from different beings around the universe (your thoughts my thoughts included.) So we must be very careful what we think because the universe is still expanding.

Yes a supreme being did create everything and we as a species are part of it. But we have failed to release the truth because of manipulation from the leaders of this world.

We never evolved from primates of the earth we came from space, which makes us intruders. Have you heard of a story involving a race called Lyran? The Lyrans were the first human race in the universe. Because a war in Lyra they migrated out to different parts of the universe to preserve they race. So you see we are not the only humans in the universe and that leads to huge confusion through a lot of things like religion.

ttwen

ttwen

somebody

Quote by priincess
yup, giving punishments is God's right, not us

well, although what i think is not punishment, rather than judgement of if you are qualify to be allowed into Heaven. for punishments are done when you are still 'living' on earth.

Quote by blooD
We never evolved from primates of the earth we came from space, which makes us intruders. Have you heard of a story involving a race called Lyran? The Lyrans were the first human race in the universe. Because a war in Lyra they migrated out to different parts of the universe to preserve they race. So you see we are not the only humans in the universe and that leads to huge confusion through a lot of things like religion.

this is the same category as scientology.

bloodD

bloodD

The Darkness King

Or is it? I have a question to ask you ttwen 'don't you learn anything from your movies?' The truth is now a huge puzzle if you take scientology stories mix them up with different religion stories as well, and some movies included. It will all come down to this story that we are not alone and ever have been.

Quote by priincess

Quote: God never dies and does not need to reproduce to survive. God also is supposedly perfect and does not feel lonely.

supposedly? i think you dont even know who God is. we cant let our earthly mind to think bout God, it's more about feelings .. and faith.

Quote: So we don't have to worship God, but we do have to praise him. How are these two different? You're doing nothing but furthering my point.

it's different if you worship Him without any faith to Him, it's like you're lying. we worship to thank to Him, not by any force. the 'have to' doesnt exactly has the same meaning with what you're thinking.

Quote: Thousands have met him? You're not some kind of weird cult are you becuase there are a lot more Christians out there? No offense but that statement does seem strange...more than i usually expect from you.

again, what do you know about Christianity? you cant say anything if you dont even know. what i meant with 'met Him' is that God has shown Himself to so many people by the believers, like priest, or a faithful man. then the people become to know and serve Him with faith. a man with a big faith will be shown God's voice by his dreams, He'll answer his hopes; it makes the man and God become to 'connect each other', because if the man has a will, the holy spirit inside him will guide him to God. i said in parables.

Oh my. A thousand apologies for daring to think. Oh wait I can think all i want because its God's plan and you shouldn't question it. But on the other hand that's his plan to. Quit the puzzling plan isn't it.

Forgive me i'm doing my best to keep this strait. So we don't have to worship God. We don't have to praise him either, but we are supposed to want to in order to thank him for what he has given us. So hypothetically if a person had complete faith in God and did everything else he said in the bible they would in fact not have to praise or worship him. That is assuming they did pray periodically to keep in touch.

What do I know about Christianity? Good question. Well is was raised Southern Baptist since both my parents were. I used to get drug to Church on Sunday. I used to go to Sunday school. Once I helped my mom teach Vacation Bible School. So to answer your question, yes I do know. I do not claim to have read the bible extensively but i know enough. Oh poor me ignorant nonbeliever.

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: for punishments are done when you are still 'living' on earth.

the hell, is a punishment too

Quote: Oh my. A thousand apologies for daring to think. Oh wait I can think all i want because its God's plan and you shouldn't question it. But on the other hand that's his plan to. Quit the puzzling plan isn't it.

He has a plan, but you are the one who do it. He gives you choices, you decide, but if you make wrong choices, He knows it, not plan it.

Quote: So hypothetically if a person had complete faith in God and did everything else he said in the bible they would in fact not have to praise or worship him.

there's the holy spirit inside us that makes us worshipping Him, or have more faith, uhm, what else..

Quote: That is assuming they did pray periodically to keep in touch.

yes of course, we talk to Him by praying

Quote: What do I know about Christianity? Good question. Well is was raised Southern Baptist since both my parents were. I used to get drug to Church on Sunday. I used to go to Sunday school. Once I helped my mom teach Vacation Bible School. So to answer your question, yes I do know. I do not claim to have read the bible extensively but i know enough. Oh poor me ignorant nonbeliever.

there are so many priests here dont lead us to the right way, because they make their own interpretations of the Bible or they just want money. it's written in the Bible if you havent known it.. you teach or help teaching means nothing if you arent a believer, because you dont have a faith. for the one who doesnt have a faith never allowed to understand God's words because he doesnt want to find God.

Signature

Quote by priincess

Quote: Sir, its not my place to challenge what you think. I will follow what God wants me to do as it is written. Its God's place to punish you accordingly in the afterlife.

Stop writing what I just wrote you crack. Same goes for that other person that wrote what I wrote. Bonkers.

Whats up?

...I don't know if God exist or not... I was born and raised a "Christian", but it doesn't mean I am or know anything of God... I can't say that God exist, nor can I deny him. Science can't explain why a hummingbird can fly or a bee, but science says that a hummingbird weighs too much for it's wing's (same with a bee), yet it does...so what do we call that? "Nature", "Mother-Nature", "God" or a miracle. ...But, if God exists then why is there war, hatred, anger, lust? I think...What I (ME, MYSELF, AND, I) think, is that all religions are a way to relieve you of your troubles...I mean, what if there isn't a God or Mary, Joseph...or any of the things that make a religion? ...Hmm....what's a better way of saying that? We can't go around carrying a big luggage of all our troubles, right? So we make a...philosophy...or a very strong opinion (...is that the same thing?) UGH! I don't know how to put this into words...gimme a moment... OK, know my religion says that I can't were make-up, pants, shorts, shorts skirts that goes above the knees, boots that almost go to my knees, I can't cut my hair, ...I THINK, that's all, OH! I can't date anybody untill I'm 21....but if you think about it...the bible doesn't really say that...does it? And I can't were pant's because it's immodest...wearing playboy stuff is! No pant's! *roll eyes* I think those rules where made by humans...and a different "Christananity" then the one's I've heard of...also I can't wear any piercing's....
And also... humans made the Bible YEARS AFTER JESUS WAS DEAD! YEARS! THat saying if Jesus was real and he was God's son.... P.S. ALL OF THIS IS WHAT I THINK AND HOW I HAVE'TA LIVE.

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

Uhhh... what?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Now that I double cheack that, that's the funniest thing I've ever written! Ha ha ha! And it doesn't make no sence, roll on beach laughing.

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: But, if God exists then why is there war, hatred, anger, lust?

haha. simple, it's bcos we do it, not God. if someone wants war without feeling guilty, that's his problem. God gives us the warning already. He isnt our slave that gives us all what we want.

Signature

oudorobou

oudorobou

Nammy

proving god exists is as impossible as proving the big bang theory. or that time exists. it's like the lochness monster. there are various speculations and eyewitnesses but no substantial proof. if anything, god exists because people believe he exists. it's sorta like "i think therefore i am". god exists because people think he exists and god doesn't exist because other people think he doesn't.

page 4 of 21 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21 Next » 501 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.