Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 American Music VS. Japanese Music - Minitokyo

American Music VS. Japanese Music

American Music VS. Japanese Music

American Music
50 votes
Japanese Music
126 votes

Only members can vote.

page 4 of 10 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next » 223 total items

Tenin

Tenin

i like japanese music more. i just like the way the sound feels. they even throw english in them a lot of the times!

Why is it always the uncle...

American Music of course

KazamiHayato

KazamiHayato

全て勇気強さ持つの男

I'm more suitable to like Japanese music. Because it gives momentum and morale.

Signature Image

daos

daos

Dark Angel Of Silence

I guess in a broad sense I'd say American because I'm not a fan of anything that's not sung in English. My friends are obsessed with Japanese music and they're white so I'm not sure they understand anything that's sung, but to each his own.

juniok

juniok

From the moon

me personally i like all music but if i had to choose it be american it just gets me through my day plus i'm constantly lisioning to my sister's obesstion with Moi Dix Mois and Malice Mizer.

tokyoraider

Net Wanderer

Only listening to anime/game related japanese songs/musics

But still love the beatles^^

always DIR N GREY

Suxinn

Suxinn

Greatest of all Clocks

Usually Japanese music.
I don't mind English music but there just is hardly any really good ones. xD

I really like Chinese music, too, but I'm Chinese so that's kinda a given... ;3

Dir n Grey of course

I ike both music

I prefer both but I mostly listen to Chinese and Japanese songs

fujyoshi

fujyoshi

half elf flame haze

/heh I don't even listen to american music anymore. I'd say roughly the only time I listen to american music is when I'm in a situation where it can't be helped for example if I'm in someone elses car or maybe in the store or whatever but then usually I bring my j music on stand by (:

meh sig banners are overrated

i like japanese song although i'm indonesian lol
but american song is good too ^^ best"
just mood can divide them in certain time...

I'M NOT RACIST

fujyoshi

fujyoshi

half elf flame haze

I think wit japanese music there is more diversity like for example when you listen and keep up wit the todays music of america its always one perticular type of music. Like for example in the past grunge was hot at the same then it moved out 'a that then boy bands and crap were where it was at. Nowadays that focus is on rap music. Wit japanese music all stuff is popular like rock, rap, jazz, pop and whatever. Not only that but I used ta be very close minded when I was younger

I mean I can't say I'm much more open minded when all I listen to is japanese music but I probably listen to more genres in japanese music then some americans listen to in american music. I mean people always have there favorite types of music so I can't be the truth judge of that but meh I don't know

Quote by XRW175P6MQ4I like Japanese music more. I guess its part because i watch a lot of anime and usually get into the op/end. Then i download all the songs of gendou.com. The other reason is i heard Dir en Grey play Merciless Cult on the radio (yea weird it was on american radio, something to do with the family values tour i think) and It was a couple of years until i heard them again until i got into college and got acess to some high speed internet...

j music on an american radio station :O wow what radio station is this AND it plays dir en grey o_o

i like japanese music
i like x-japan

FireBlaster

The Quiet Life

When I was 14 years old, the american music was better, today almost all american music is oriented to Hip-Hop themes, lot of money and Sex, some artists fallen in drugs, excess, scandals, everything destroy the quallity of their music, Yes, I don't understand the japanese, but some songs have something special for me.

European Music?, is the same situation of the american music, for me are a few exceptions like Dido
(in my personal opinion), Latin America Music? I need to repeat?

In this moment I listen japanese music and the english versions of japanese artists

Life is Figth

fujyoshi

fujyoshi

half elf flame haze

Quote by FireBlasterWhen I was 14 years old, the american music was better, today almost all american music is oriented to Hip-Hop themes, lot of money and Sex, some artists fallen in drugs, excess, scandals, everything destroy the quallity of their music, Yes, I don't understand the japanese, but some songs have something special for me.

thats what I say really, funny thing about it too is that I got into japanese music around 16 or so. I was a little bit older then you but meh. Basicly this is how it is whatever is "hot" in america all music goes to that theme. So in the past when I was growing up first it was grunge and stuff but I was growing up when all that died then it was like boy bands and stuff, now its rap and almost everyone has stuff ta do wit rap. I hate american rap for all the reasons you said and I never really cared for it that much to be honest. I was always into rock music more but meh wit everything all into rap I just don't give a crap anymore. Wit japanese music everything has its own popularity and stuff and thats between all genres. In america all who do rap are the hawt poeple now and associate wit it and anyone that does anything else is dead.

Hip hop and rap are the most popular here in the U.S. SUre thats true but they never promote the excess crap. They don't go around saying "do this" or "do that".

Don'tcha see the big deck don'tcha see the big chain don'tcha see the big grill wonder who they hatin' on lately its that one dude.

Quote by fujyoshij music on an american radio station :O wow what radio station is this AND it plays dir en grey o_o

It was 94.7 the Buzz dunno about other places but I get it in Oklahoma. It was like a one time thing associated with coverage of Korn's family values tour. Don't get your hopes up. They only played it because they were touring with Korn.

mick-klaassen

mick-klaassen

boredom is imminent to strike

american music cause of all the metal is coming of that way

why?

fujyoshi

fujyoshi

half elf flame haze

Quote by RockandRollaHip hop and rap are the most popular here in the U.S. SUre thats true but they never promote the excess crap. They don't go around saying "do this" or "do that".

sure its more popular but what about everything else? Like the only thing hot here is rap and everything else is pretty much dead.

shomai19

shomai19

seraphic_demon

Jpop, j-rock, call it whatever J you want, the fact that they are ore poetic and has grater depth than the western music industry does is good enough for me. No offense but have you listened to what the popular music is in America? Most of them are just plain rubbish...I mean c'mon? Rappers talking dirty about something isn't my idea of music.

Weep as much as you want and feel the hands of despair groping for your soul for nothing can ease the pain of losing your beloved like the gentle thrust of my pen. *poke*

---
Signature
	ImageAvatar and sig by Melymay, thanks. ^^

I think japanese music is way better for this reason. ----with the lyrics not everything is about sex or pimps or whatever, there is usually and I am not saying all the hardly any sexual reference. Though I do enjoy some American bands they do not get me pumped as much as The Pillows or Ayumi Hamasaki or Perfume. My favorite American band for instance is Maroon 5..

danslasher

danslasher

ecchi fan

-instrumental of the music/song comes first to my attention. the japs put good efforts on this
-good melody of the vocal of the singers (in their music video, they look so pretty(the gals i mean))
-translation of the lyrics are quite inspiring
-some of you said metal? buy that Guilty Gear OST, listen to it & ur gonna bang your head like crazy.
-check "eyes on me" by faye wong on any source(market/google) if you like english vocal with
the japanese touch.(i think there's more of them but this is one of my fav :D)

00100 00001 01110 10011 01000 00001 10011 01000 00101 10010

page 4 of 10 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next » 223 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.