Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How to make a painted instead of a normal vector? - Minitokyo

How to make a painted instead of a normal vector?

page 1 of 1 7 total items

trofikabinet

trofikabinet

NOT a douche canoe

Hi!
I was wondering since I have seen so many beautiful vectors which look like if they were hand drawn how to do them.

I already precticed making regular vectors but now I would like to make something more challenging
and artistic! XD

If anyone knows how to do that PLEASE HELP ME! :)

You and I...we're not real. We never were.

Sakura-Dust

Sakura-Dust

puppies that bite

Here's a tutorial.
Tutorial

Signature

First off, if you only use Photoshop to vector, get something better, as PS isn't designed for vectors.

Illustrator has art brushes to make the strokes (not the fill, mind you) look "painted."
There's also vector filters, and using gradients and gradient meshes. Also, you can layer many shapes with lowered transparency or blending mode change.

Inkscape has a blur option, which I'm not sure how to do in Illustrator yet. But it doesn't have gradient meshes, and I haven't been able to explore all the features before it stopped working. (because my computer sucks; the program itself works great)

I guess in general, if you want pure vectors with a painting feel, the best way is to layer lots and lots of shapes on top of each other, kinda like layering brush strokes or something. It's like making a picture using hundreds of cut transparent paper.

I highly suggest looking at Limkis' gallery on devart. It's 100% vector, no brushes, yet feels almost like watercolor while retaining the sharpness of vector art.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

inevidence

inevidence

Professional Daydreamer

Probably not as good a solution as stated above, but most likely quicker. If you know where to find and how to use a vectorizer (a piece of software which vectorizes rastered artwork) you could draw your lineart in a 2-bit bitmap - that is, black and white, no gray values. I use Manga Studio to do that, because it simulates a few types of pens pretty accurately, so you'll have nice fluent lines to boot; of course, that'd only work with lineart :)

vitaamin

vitaamin

DUKE 2010 NCAA CHAMPS!

i dont agree entirely with darthtofu, although illustrator does have many more options than photoshop in terms of vector options, you can paint just as well in photoshop. so unless you want to go through the motions of learning a new software, i would look at the tutorial sakura-dust posted--thats what i've used. granted my painting isnt amazing but i think alot of great painting jobs come from PS. another great program is corel painterx, but its tough to use and i havent really tried it yet. the brushes though are amazing

Signature Image
vector-wallers tag-licious

boojitsu

boojitsu

Ninja In Training

Thanks for the vector tutorial link and tips. I'm always looking for stuff like that. Any good resource sites?

-Boojitsu21

kuryuki

Linguistics

kuryuki

(づ´ ³`)づ

i basicly just vector the lines and the base color
then apply shades and lightings with brush strokes with different opacity color and layer
then later on smudge if needed

---Hiatus till May......Finals too stressful...
Deviant Art // Pixiv // Tumblr // Twitter // Instagram

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.