Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Death Note: In nomine Kira - Minitokyo

Death Note: In nomine Kira

page 1 of 1 3 total items

LordEndervonHellsing

LordEndervonHellsing

Spirit of Sparta

Sorry if such thread already exist.
So, what have came into my head while I was watching Death Note, and what surely has been bothering others, namely: is it allright to kill and die in the name of Kira? And for the sake of world's peace?
Is it allright to take life for life, and if it is, then what makes us different from the killer? After all, if we kill for killng we do not change anything, we just prove that it is an efficient method of disposing of people. And that it's all right to kill.
So what do you think about it all?

Signature Image
I am the conformer, the bright sunlight that wipes all sorrow.

melymay

melymay

Abomidable Snow-Woman

The people that believed in Kira are just driven by their faith in him. It's like God telling his followers to kill - which they most likely will.

Killing, for the most part, is not right. Killing for revenge and killing for the heck of it are technically the same things. Whichever way you look at it, no matter what the reason, it's killing. Law and justice wise, things like the death penalty should be the absolute last resort.

Killing in the name of your beliefs is not right. For the sake of world peace, it's hard to say without sounding like an arsehole. If you think about it, wouldn't the world be so much better if there weren't so many 'corrupt' minds in the world? Wouldn't be just better if they just disappeared? If I was the leader of the UN or some kind of organization like it, I would plan some insane sneak attack and capture all of those people that make others suffer and throw them in an Asylum.

kykyopj

kykyopj

*Miko-chan

This must be one of the hardest and most philosophical topics I know of.

In most cultures of course, killing - no matter the reason - is wrong. And I stand to protect that belif. What the Kira suporters failed to see was to look beyond the ideals of a single man. And the madia - Kira's main source of information - is never a trustfull sorce. Some reporters would "fabricate" storis = not true. So Kira would judge a man who would turn out to be innocent if there would be a investigation like the ones L usually makes. And on the other hand, some other people, who are actually guilty have their actiones coverd by the media.

Manny people who had died deserved to have lived, and manny of those that are alive should have been better of dead. Who can actually judge them, break down every posible posibiliy and say who has the right to live and who to dye. Not even the wises can not say, for nobody can forsee the fortune. Who knows? Maybe one of the people who had died could have had a child that would eventually grow up to find the cure for cancer. The posibilities are endless!

It is not our place to be judges, to decide if one is guilty and the other not. In the end, only our true God can do that. I like to belive he had a plan for every one of us. We are not born to simply dye. Everybody has a certain influence over the world - for better ore for worst. And if we take that away then there is no telling what could happen, ore what would have happened.

And then there is that concept of "necesarry evil". I must agree that if the would would be "perfect" then our greatest nightmare would come true. Kira failed to see that. Perfection is only a dream for the foolish - perfection can not exist, for that woud mean there can never be anything better then that. And without that, then man kind has no other purpase in life.

L was right when he claimed Kira was a selfish child - he could not understand the universal need for evil. For without evil - there would be no good. Only white, whotout black ore gray, can never make a picture - can never make a life.

I am not saing killing is not wrong ore that killers should not be punished - but that killing, in the simple meaning of the word, is not something right to do.

"Life is ment for dreaming, dreams are ment for living"

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.