Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 WIP Painting, concrit wanted - Minitokyo

WIP Painting, concrit wanted

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Thingy (until I come up with a better title)

So yeah, was doodling in oC1, this is about two hours speedpainting so far, one layer, no refs.
I'm going to have a character(s) sitting on the green hill thing on the left so it's not so empty.

So perspective is kinda screwy...
also need help on trees and cliffs... and architecture lol.

Does anyone have suggestions on these things? Maybe good reference pics?
If you see anything else out of wack, please tell me too!

Thank you!

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

While I'm not familiar with Open Canvas (?), it does look as if the smaller building to the right is a bit too tilted to the left side (granted, the ground looks like sand, and it's not the most stable of foundations).
Here's a website that gives reference images: http://www.istockphoto.com/index.php I hope it helps, and I wish you the best with your work!
Take care,
~"TreaGirl".

*Insert random inspirational message here, please!*
Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10881-6075621.html#

Let's see if I can communicate about the perspective of the island and water without the use of hand gestures.

Regarding the shoreline:
I'm guessing you're trying to portray a small inlet or cove with that slight arch of blue against the green? (On the left.) In that case, you don't need to actually arch the blue; doing so gives the impression of a rolling wave. Combined with the off-kilter white lines which I thiiink are depicting breaking waves, it looks like there's a small waterfall in front of the larger building. Unless that's what you were trying to depict?

Your major problem is that you want to curve lines (like the breaking waves or shorelines) because your mind knows that when viewed from above, you would see a curve; however, from the side, those "curves" look rather flat. I suggest you look at photos of Caribbean islands; the water is brilliant enough that the breakers and beaches show up in high contrast.
Example Image 1: Note how the shoreline of the island looks flat, just somewhat jagged.
Example Image 2: Note how the farthest edge of the breakers is almost totally horizontal.

And so on. Hope this helps!

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.