Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 The Call deletion - Minitokyo

The Call deletion

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 2 total items

kizaito

kizaito

Hawk of Endymion

kizaito,

The wallpaper you have submitted entitled The Call was removed from Minitokyo because it violated the following policy:

-The image or part of it was directly taken from another website or an image gallery, with or without modifying. We only allow the submission of wallpapers you have created yourself. Usage of stock pictures such as found on Minitokyo may be featured on your submission, but at least some parts must show your creative side.
-The description of your submission was inadequate; i.e. it fails to give basic information about the creation process of the wallpaper, and/or is entirely blank or consists of spam messages/smilies. This in itself conveys the impression of a ripped submission. Refer to the Minitokyo Policy.

Repeated violation of this policy will lead to banning.

Sincerely,

Minitokyo Staff

This is an automated message and cannot be replied.

Additional information provided by the moderator:
picture is not scan, it is fanart model created by someone: http://sandrum.deviantart.com/art/Strike-Freedom-Full-Burst-50K-50536572 you\'re not allowed to use fanart in your wallpaper (especially without the artist\'s permission)

You can always post your art in the Sandbox.

Feedback can be directed at the moderator of the gallery your entry was in, which are bromithia, Chloe-chan, kuroimisa, littlejonny100, euna.

This is what I was told, First the work was done by me myself and I can prove it and yes HawkofEndymion is me on animpaper and yest he fan art is from sandrum from deviant art I did not know that it was fan art until I saw the link you guys provided the original image I found was in someones photobucket anyways. my question is this why can't fan art be in a wallpaper >_> its a wallpaper what is it hurting and don't ppl vector images isn't that fan art and aren't they in wallpapers? anyways I sent sandrum a letter explainging all of this and I'm waiting for a reply will I be able to put it back up if he says yes? I don't really think I can find another freedom picture that will fit wallpaper like that freedom did. thx in advance.

Signature

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

First of all, please note that when moderators delete gallery items, we choose from a list of possible reasons (it makes our lives easier). It doesn't necessarily mean that your wallpaper was deleted for exactly that reason. The moderator usually puts a note as to the exact reason it was deleted, if none of the automated reasons fit. This is what happened in your case. We're not saying you didn't create the wallpaper, but like the note said, it was deleted exactly because you were using someone else's fanart (and without permission or credit).

I can understand that you didn't get the image itself from the original source, and you did from someone else's photobucket (it happens, fanart gets ripped to image boards and stuff, it's sad, really... ), but unless the person who put it to photobucket modified the image, the image itself should have the signature of the creator, which is an indication it wasn't official art.

The reason we don't allow use of fanart in wallpapers (unless it's your own) is because the fanartist is the owner of the image (image copyrighted to them), and as such, you shouldn't be allowed to modify their image. This is the same reason that you're not allowed to use someone else's wallpaper as part of your own wallpaper. The only exception is if it's stock art (like stock photos or something), or vector art here on MT, if the artist says it's okay (and you should ask them and give them credit).

From the MT Policy:

Quote: You may not submit any unmodified, partially modified, or otherwise unoriginal artwork to the Art Gallery. Such items will be considered "ripped" and will be immediately deleted upon discovery. You may not submit ripped artwork even if the original creator gave you express consent.

Now with vectors, I see it as when you vector an image, it becomes your own, because you have put effort into creating it.

We *might* make an exception if you have the explicit permission from the artist to modify their image, and if you give them credit (both in the image itself, and the description).

Also, if you use a different name on a different site, it would be very useful if you could add that in your description, to let us know.

merged: 07-16-2008 ~ 11:58pm
p.s. If you're looking for S. Freedom in full-burst mode, there's this scan: Strike Freedom in Full brust mode by xsoma in a similar pose, though you'd have to do some reconstruction for the feet and stuff. Or this one MG Gundam SF by crystalbaby8631 Or this one Strike Freedom with Kira and Lacus by Blazer-X

page 1 of 1 2 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.