Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why do girls like yaoi? - Minitokyo

Why do girls like yaoi?

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 74 total items

carlozzzzbr

carlozzzzbr

Otaku-freak soldier

we were discussing about that in an other threat and i decided to make one just for this...
I wonder why do girls like yaoi (guyxguys)? Well i pretty much like yuri (girlxgirl), thats becuz im hetero i suppose.

maybe they like it by the same reason i have, or maybe not?

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

You get the Apple Jacks answer too. They just do.

Seriously, it's just a simple matter of preference. When it comes to normal anime, I tend to see girlxgirl relationships as beautiful. Almost as if there is a sense of purity that you don't seem to get in hetero relationships. But seeing two guys... just seems gross. Probably because I'm a dude.

So I'd imagine there could be a similar thought with yaoi lovers. Hell it could be as simple as they just want their two favorite male characters together. Keeps them from having to look in two different places. And when it comes to hentai, maybe they are just tired of seeing women as the objects in every single one of them.

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

carlozzzzbr

carlozzzzbr

Otaku-freak soldier

thats pretty much the point, in most of the hentais the girls r the principal characters, and sometimes even better designed than the boys. Problably becuz to the author seems easier to attract male than female viewers.

that pretty easy because its the opposite thing at boys : they like Yuri^^ (lesbians)

Nedel

Nedel

The armor, the rose, the one

You should watch a yaoi anime with a girl, I'm pretty sure you'd understand then:P Seriously though, as far as I know about it, perhaps it's the romance that's shown like in no other kind of anime. It's not intended for guys, so sex won't sell as well, so they go towards what girls like perhaps?

(\ /) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature
(O.o) to help him on his way to world domination.
(> <)

agree with chocolate, maybe because they (girls) usually already feeling enough to see other females, and when they see yaoi, it feels kind of funny :p

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

yeah I would agree I feel they like it the same reason us guys like yuri.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

Maybe for the lol factor. In a yuri I find it funny how one of the characters always freaks out about being in love with another girl. In a yaoi it would be basically the same scenario only the characters look vaguely like guys.

Quote by NedelYou should watch a yaoi anime with a girl, I'm pretty sure you'd understand then:P Seriously though, as far as I know about it, perhaps it's the romance that's shown like in no other kind of anime. It's not intended for guys, so sex won't sell as well, so they go towards what girls like perhaps?

I have to agree with Nedel. Being a yaoi fan myself I couldn't really tell you what draws me to yaoi but each anime is different so different things draw me to each one. Maybe you should sit down and watch one with a girl one day and see what she like the most about it.

carlozzzzbr

carlozzzzbr

Otaku-freak soldier

Quote by ravenqueen

Quote by NedelYou should watch a yaoi anime with a girl, I'm pretty sure you'd understand then:P Seriously though, as far as I know about it, perhaps it's the romance that's shown like in no other kind of anime. It's not intended for guys, so sex won't sell as well, so they go towards what girls like perhaps?

I have to agree with Nedel. Being a yaoi fan myself I couldn't really tell you what draws me to yaoi but each anime is different so different things draw me to each one. Maybe you should sit down and watch one with a girl one day and see what she like the most about it.

Yes thats a good idea, i will try that if i ever date a girl who likes anime! Hehehehe :D
thx!

I like men and I don't like women > So I want more men, and less women. > Receive yaoi

Seriously it's not THAT hard to understand.

Although the question has been pretty much answered already, I just want to express my personal opinions. I (like most normal guys) am attracted to yuri, but not to yaoi. Bishounen, though, I can accept (and even have a few walls of those, out of thousands), but it has to be technically great at least. Same for cute, and girly things. As for romance between 2 guys..., I prefer to stay out of that, unless it's comedic. Anything further, I will NOT tolerate.

Enough about me, let's get to the point. Girls like yaoi, because they are usually attracted to men, and if 2 (or more) of the guys they like are together, their fantasies will flourish, and they'll imagine being part of it. Also the guy's original female lover won't exist, basically giving the girl a "chance" to "be" with them, although in real life that is undeniably false. Just my theory.

Well personally I love yaoi. And yeah part of it is I enjoy seeing beautiful guys together. I also like beautiful women though so I don't mind hentai or yuri either. But what really pulls me towards yaoi are the story lines. I never thought I'd like yaoi until a few years ago I ended up reading a story that involved to guys. Since I enjoyed that I got a few more and then I thought I'd check out some scanlations. And well it just snowballed from there. I think part of it is that there are more of a challenges for 2 guys to be together. You get more of a feeling that these characters really love each other. Guys never seem to ask why when they see two girls going at it. I personally want to know why these people are together. Unless I'm just in the mood for smut (hey girls can like smut too)

It's pretty much for the same reason as why guys like yuri lol. Though I'm sure there are plenty of girls that don't like yaoi (more then guys who don't like yuri lol). For me personally..I like everything! Yaoi, yuri, hetero...tentacles....> > lool yah..-anything- and everything haha

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I'm bi...but I prefer yuri over yaoi...dunno why but that's just me ^^

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Why do guys like yuri? It's a question just as stupid. We like it for different reasons, period.

This is a question I ALWAYS ask myself.
I'm a girl, but yaois make me throw up...really, seeing two (or MORE!) men doing...stuff...together...simply disgusts me. The fact is that I loath naked men (except for MY boyfriend, of course X-P) and even thinking about them in "action"...brrrr, this is my worst nightmare.
If girls imagine things between men...I think they may have problems, it's simply unnatural: should I have to think about "sexy" things, I think about them but between a man and a woman, as nature wants!
I have to admit girls' mind's really complicated...

Sherillas

Sherillas

Spooning Leads To Forking!

well for me personally I like it because there is a lot more passion!

Signature

Gamefreak91

Gamefreak91

Challenger of Games

There's no question why they're interested, what do you expect, it's all about guys. They get amazed of how they look and stuff, it's natural to women.

storm-dragon-girl

storm-dragon-girl

I am unseen, unheard, & unknown

There were times I asked myself that very same question sometimes I come up with an answer but then I think about it further and see that it wasn't the answer.

Honestly I am not exactly sure, I just gave it a shot one day and found that I liked it. So I am sure many have pointed out that perhaps girls like yaoi for the same reasons guys like yuri. I for one tried yuri and didn't like so much but I don't mind it. As they say to each their own.

It's all about the cute guys for me.... and a little curiosity to how they *coughs* snuggle together. X-P

We can give lots of reasons but at the end of the day its all a matter of tastes and you can't really question that. You might like yuri but not all stright guys like it, the same with girls and yaoi.

PPl just like what they like. There's no general reason for everyone.

rika23

rika23

?-?????

^ absolutely right DX i dunno why i like yaoi.. because i like boys love?

Signature Image
My Latest Artwork: Oofuri<3
DEAD

Cause it's hawt. XD

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 74 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.