Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 PS3 $500 80gb - Minitokyo

PS3 $500 80gb

page 1 of 1 4 total items

JC206

JC206

The Chaos Mod

Hi everyone,

I was thinking about getting the 500 dollar 80gb this holiday, but apparently Sony has announced a production of an 80gb core ps3 system for $400 this september and plans to discontinue the 40gb currently. I was wondering does anyone know if the 80gb for $500 going to be discontinued as well. Because I know that the core pack is not backward compatible with ps2 or psx games.....?

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

The current 80Gb system isn't completely backwards compatable with existing PS2/PSX games. The 60Gb system had the PS2 Emotion Engine installed for full backwards compatability, while the 80Gb uses software emulation. That leads to less backwards compatability. If you are truly worried about that aspect, then find a 60Gb. To my knowledge they will continue on their systems to use software emulation in hopes that many of their install base from the PS2 will latch on to the PS3. Allowing people to keep their existing library is one of the things they hope will eventually drive sales.

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

JC206

JC206

The Chaos Mod

Yea, but most of the 60gb are used now and its hard to find one even on ebay they have been open rarely any that are factory sealed, I rather not have a used one, so thats why I am wondering if the 80gb that is worth 500 dollars now will be discontinued once they release the 80gb core system. I really don't mind having software emulation...so yea but thanks for responding :)

Yoh

Yoh

Yoh The Great!

I don't think it's going to be discontinued, MGS 4 Bundle pack is selling well, so I wouldn't worry. Probably the only 80 GB PS3 will be the MGS Bundle, so I think it's a nice deal, since you get the Dual Shock 3 and a game.

Earn money reading e-mails here

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.