Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Scanning without hurting spine? - Minitokyo

Scanning without hurting spine?

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Vequinox

Vequinox

Funkalicious

So I have something that is a bit coveted. It's "1999: A Work of Clover" which is the artbook by Nobuteru Yuuki and is his work detailing the designs he did for the Clover music video. I love it, it was well worth the price even though most of the pages are just sketches.
I want to share the love, but I don't want to do so in such a way that ruins the spine. Is there any way to scan this? I have a regular flatbed scanner. I'm thinking if I move it to the edge of the table, I can kind of have the book half open, with the other part off the scanner (hope that makes sense).
I realize there may not be any way to do so, but I figured it was worth a shot to ask! :)

Limality

Limality

Sleeping Beast

i dont thinks so....XD but it's just me...i don't own a scanner but if ye want to scan something you wont be coming around hurting the spine (i almost thought you were talking about YOUR spine XD)

Sir-Boingal0t

Sir-Boingal0t

BOINGATR0N

they need to come up wit spineless artbooks @.@

Signature Image
DigiTalBoing XD boingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingo
ingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoing

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Clover music video designs *drool* My friend got a promotional item for that with some mv sketches but I don't remember if it's the same thing (it was pretty large, magazine-sized. How close is the artwork to the spine? If it's not too close you might be able to get away with hanging the spine on the edge of your scanner and not having to smash down on it. Otherwise, scan it really quickly and close the book again afterwards; I scanned in some manga where I smushed the spine for as short a time as possible and managed not to do any permanent damage.

I want that art book, I can't bring myself to get it when I see it on ebay though *sigh*... I'm envious.

I haven't found a way to not damage the spines of my art books yet, but Tama has a point with not keeping the book opened and flattened down too long. If you do decide to go that route, when I do that I tend to put a stack of other books (something heavy and flat) to help it sort of straighten out again.

Vequinox

Vequinox

Funkalicious

Cool, thanks, all, for the ideas. I was REALLY REALLY lucky to find it - a fan of my now-defunct Clover site emailed me that she saw one for sale at an online anime store located in Switzerland, I believe. It came out to be about $60 for the book and shipping, even though it was overseas. At the time, they had a couple more, but I put a link from my Clover site to the place, so other Clover fans could pick them up, and as far as I know, they did. (As I'm typing this, I'm trying to find/remember the store where I got it, just in case, though this was years ago).
The book itself is about 105 pages, as I recall, and has a definite spine, so it's a book rather than a magazine. Very thick, and the paper quality is thick, too.
It's mostly sketches, but there are a couple color images. It wouldn't be worth it for the casual anime/manga fan, but for a huge fan of Clover or Nobuteru Yuki, it's a great find.

Well, in a few days I'll sit down and try to work it out with my book, but I may also try taking pics of the pages with a digital camera - probably won't work, but worth a try!

OKAY! Found some info. This is the place I found it: http://db.animanga.com/db/animeshop
Click on Doujinshi (NOT artbooks). Right now it's on backorder and is $75, so the price has gone up a bit. :/ I heard there were only 100 made, but that seems to be so few for how many I've seen around on eBay, so....bookmark the site, and check back. :)

WOW! I just signed in this forum to ask you one thing, ms Vequinox:

have you scanned the artbook?
I almost cried here when I saw that someone is going to scan this treasure!!!

pleeeease! if you have scanned (or not) advise me!
i have an orkut community: http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=572948
please contact me by this...
or trough msn : angel_pinky_@hotmail.com

I'm sorry if this is out rules in this forum, but i really needed to talk to this girl!

One way to scan it is to get a thin scanner. There are portable scanners now-a-days that are extremely thin. You still can't get the very inner edge so images that are mutli pages still won't scan properly but you can probably get most images with the flat scanners.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.