Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 what manga do you read? - Minitokyo

what manga do you read?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 34 total items

LVman

Awesome

Which manga do you read?Of the ones you read,which is your favorite?I read +ANIMA,NARUTO,One Piece,and Bleach.My favorite is +ANIMA

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

I'm currently reading xxxHolic, waiting for the manga version of Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei-more out of morbid curiousity than anything else... as well as somewhat patiently waiting for the next installment of Trigun. I don't really have a favorite; I enjoy each series for what they are.

*Insert random inspirational message here, please!*
Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10881-6075621.html#

Currently im reading Deathnote (we are so deprived in England...)

Tsubaasa Reseivor Chronicle
xxxHolic
Naruto
Rozen Maiden

Tail Of The Moon.
Volume 12 is sooooooo Sad!

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

First of all a warning: When stating your favorites please also state WHY that particular manga is your favorite. *end Mod moment*
----------
Oh my goodness.. If I listed all of the manga I've read I think it would be considered spam. ;) However, my favorites would have to be:

Fruits Basket : I love the darker/more emotional turn it takes towards the second half of the manga. (not shown in the anime)

Samurai Deeper Kyo: What can I say... hot guys, good action, hot guys, main character with both an attitude and a soft side...oh, did I mention hot guys? ;) I also like reading the author's little comments in the side- bars/end pages.

NANA: The relationships between all of the characters really appeal to me, as do some of the problems they face. I like the more "adult" feel to this series.

Uzumaki: I swear I couldn't get a good night's sleep for days after reading each volume of this series. While the storyline itself is not that scary, the disturbing illustrations really burn themselves into your mind. *shudders*

Signature Image

School Days Manga - the characters are so cute! The beginning was funny and the ending was sad. I liked it because of the plot. It's very much different from the mangas I've read.

Signature Image
anime-fans-unitedtag-liciousanti-spammersuserpageskindesigns
Tagging: Visual novels, Gintama

i read naruto and bleach...but i read air gear and rosario+vampire too..:)

Bleach: The story, art, and characters are amazing. there's not a single character i don't like

Fullmetal Alchemist: Basically the same as my Bleach description. but i like how its a lot darker, yet still keeps the humor. and the plot keeps getting better

Marchen Awakens Romance: Funny, great fighting, decent story. Takes the classic fairy tales and turns them into weapons, or monsters. gotta love that. was very sad when it ended.

Deathnote: Dark and amazing story. The growth of each character thoughout the series was really cool alone. I liked it because it made you think at certain parts, but even if you don't understand certain parts, it will eventually make itself clear.

Buso Renkin: Original story that will keep you wanting to read to the finish. not the greatest manga out there, but still among my favorites. i mainly like to see the fights and each fighters Buso Renkin.

Rosaio+Vampire: Just found this series recently. seems like it will be good. There's plenty of humor(mainly the dirty kind lol), and the character illustrations are great. basically any girl in the story is hot. Seems like it'll be a good series to get into.

Member of: Burning-Love

angel26278

angel26278

Lelouch and Gokudera's lover

I read Saint Seiya original manga, Episode G and now I'm reading
Saint Seiya Lost Canvas

I read most of the adventure manga... As for now, i'm reading "D.Gray-man"...

CagalliKira

~black eye panda~

Venus Capriccio, Midnight Secretary, basically i more of the shoujo-ish type xD but there are times i lean to shounen but i can never stick long on that genre ==;; pathetic for me xD

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

If you really want to know all (or at least most of) the manga I've read, you can go to my anime list and check for yourselves. However, for the benefit of this thread....

My very favorites:
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou - I can't stress enough just how much I love this manga. It's a curious look at a potential future where everything has changed and yet not really all that much. The stories are a kind-of optimistic look at the future, with an observative viewpoint presented through our main character. And the background art is just unbelievably fantastic. I find the fact that this manga is still unavailable as an US manga release nothing short of criminal, although now that even Aria has gotten a release -- both the manga AND the anime, even -- I hold out some small measure of hope that someone will notice this shining gem of a manga.

Aqua/Aria - Kind of like YKK in that it also chooses to look at the future with a large helping of optimism, which is a nice break from all the bombed-out wastelands that seems to be the common viewpoint in too damned many titles. It's also a reminder that you should not take the simple pleasures for granted, regardless of what plans you have for your future. And by the gods, I love the characters in this show. All of them.

Yotsuba&! - Not many people are as adept at portraying the quirkiness in people as the creator of Yotsuba and Azumanga Daioh. Instead of trying to be as loud as humanly possible (well, as much as you can do that with a manga), Yotsuba foregoes loud, braying personalities and instead takes the fun from the antics of a small child and how she looks on everyone around her. This is one of the few manga I can and will honestly call "cute" in the truest sense of the word.

Flawed manga that I find fun anyway:
Inuyasha - Ok, sure, it has been going on a lot longer than it probably should, but Inuyasha still manages to entertain by the hair's breath of its comedy, which is one of the things that has been brought over from the Ranma manga. That, and it's not as fight-intensive as other shounen manga, so you don't really have to worry about fights lasting several volumes.

Naruto - This one, however, seems to want to follow in DBZ's footsteps as far as fights go. Still, Naruto is a lovable little rascal all the same, and a curiously non-angsty one at that, which wins plus points from me. That, and he's fiercely loyal to his friends. If only it weren't so hung up on those battles.

Negima - Negima seems to have problems deciding what kind of manga it wants to be. Those large-scale battles certainly came straight out of nowhere in what I initially thought would end up being a bit of a cheesefest, and a somewhat dirtily underage one at that. Still, they did tone down the fanservice lots from the initial volumes, and while they seems to have been replaced with collossal battle scenes, I enjoy it. The cast is a fun bunch, even if there's possibly too many of them.

Inumimi - It's got girls with dog ears. Why the hell am I even reading this? Well, part of that might be because it's quite decent when it gets serious. (Mostly regarding Rino and her past.) I mean, yeah, it's also quite corny too, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. Even if it's partially made because some people out there like their girls with animal ears and/or likes them referring to the male lead as "master".

Manga I looked over once, and will never touch again:
Happy Lesson - I liked the anime despite its very... well, game-related material. The manga, however, was just boring. It had none of the energy of the anime and the change in our male lead was just the final nail in the coffin.

Kodomo no Jikan (not on my MAL list) - I'm not sure when I stopped reading this one out of disgust, but there you go. I hope you'll forgive me if I find the idea of a seven year old girl writing "I want you to ejaculate inside me" to her teacher unappealing. (To put it mildly.) Honestly, if this show wanted to serve us a story about a teacher looking after girls who've gone through a skewed childhood, then I fail to see how the large amounts of sexually charged comedy -- with small girls taking the lead, no less -- is supposed to help this. It's not fun. It's not the least bit cute. It's just.... eugh, I'm washing my hands off this one for good.

Well, those two were the only bad ones I had. I haven't really read a whole lot of bad manga, nor do I really peruse a lot of scanlations save for a few, so there you go.

riku1212

riku1212

love hurts so much!

i read mangas that are like really good that my friend tells me to read she has a good taste with books well manga books.

you never know you love someone until you'ev lost them.
join: shugo-chara TWEWYnabari-no-ou dark-palace katekyo-hitman-reborn

Well I'm currently waiting for D.gray-man Volume 11 (though I'm up to date on the chapters in Japan I still want the books D: ) and Fruits Basket Volume 21 to be published.

There aren't many interesting manga's to buy in England, I own quite a few manga but many are just like Volume 1 and that's it. xD

Stellar71

Stellar71

~Gemini no Shirley/Shirley71~

Now I read my french's book for classes lol
But in manga it's :
- Jigoku Shojo
- Lovely Complex
- Vampire Knight
- Beauty
- Kare First Love
- Alice 19th
- Fruits basket

And I think it's all ^^

Gressini

Gressini

Tokimeki No Hakumi

Sekirei
Fortune Arterial
Hayate no Gotoku
To Love Ru
Gundam Seed Astray Series
Gundam 00 P
Mel Kano
School Rumble
Tales of the Abyss

'Signature Image'
Tokimeki No Hakumi

joycev

joycev

the PS3 with boobs & personality

I have alot that I read at once because it takes quite a while for new chapters to come out for some of them. I've got to find a couple more to read though, because several of the ones I had been reading recently are now completed. T_T

Naruto
Bleach
Vampire Knight
Special A
Claymore
Soul Eater
Full Metal Alchemist
Kekkaishi
Sekirei
Rosario + Vampire II
H2O
Full House Kiss
Boku ni Natta Watashi
Kindan no Koi de Ikou

Signature Image

Right still continue to read:
FMA
To Love Ru
Naruto
Meitantei Conan/Case Close

XXX Holic
Oh My Godess!
Nana

Fullmetal (why is it monthly?! gah)
Naruto,
Bleach (but I skip over all the uninteresting scenes)
HxH (except I have no idea if it's still going)
Detective Conan
Claymore

Vampire Knight
Goth
Tsubaasa Reseivor Chronicle

Bleach, soul eater, d.gray man, full metal alchemist, nodame cantabile etc. usually i notice the artwork first then the plot of the manga. if the art's gd, i dun mind if the story's just so-so...

Youkairu

Youkairu

&&; Just Call Me H.

Mine is a very unknown manga... -sigh-~

as we speak it is being turned into an anime~!

in japanee first, of course.

its....

-dun dun dun dunnnn-

Sekirei~!

Because it if ful of action, the storyline is unique~

and just the art is nice.~~~

::L, Mysterious
::N, Cunning
::H (me), ruefully ignorant, uncanny, obsessive <3
Lovely.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 34 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.