Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Clare Vector First attempt - Minitokyo

Clare Vector First attempt

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Wraith

Scanner

Wraith

No Longer A Contributor

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii263/Wraith_65/ClareatRabona1a.jpg

My first real attempt at vectoring and not even close to being finished. I'm using Inkscape ver 0.45. It's already taken me several days just to get this far and there's a lot more to go yet. This is actually taken from the manga when Clare was fighting a demon in the Holy City of Rabona. This was frustrating me, I had to redo a few parts because of errors I made or how the program acted when I did something, which made some pieces vanish mysteriously. Hard to explain. Right now there are 14 layers and I expect I will make one for almost every individual part or piece of the scan. And I don't know how far I will go in coloring her in. I'm not sure if I want to tackle gradients yet either. But if this turns out as good as I hope I have a few more scans from the manga I'd like to vector and they are a lot harder looking than this.

Any feedback is appreciated :)

carlozzzzbr

carlozzzzbr

Otaku-freak soldier

sounds good... dont forget to make some creepy eyes! Lulz

It's good for your first real vector, lines are smooth and nice. Coloring looks good too. Vectoring is a pain in the butt since it takes so long... And personally I still don't bother with gradients. Tried it once, but it was painful and stuff... Not much to say on the actual vector so far, what's there is good.

Though I think 14 layers is too much for what you have now... I usually find it easier to have a layer for lineart, then one for base colors, and one inbetween those for details, and maybe a few others just to keep things organized. (this vexel for example was only 5 layers </selfplug>) Since you can reorder objects however you want (I think it's with page up and down keys) you don't really need that many layers.
But whatever floats your boat.

I think in Inkscape, when you undo it removes the entire shape and you can't redo, so you have to press either delete or backspace if you want to undo each click thing.

when you finish, can you tell me? I'd like to see.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

Wraith

Scanner

Wraith

No Longer A Contributor

Quote by DarthTofu

Though I think 14 layers is too much for what you have now... I usually find it easier to have a layer for lineart, then one for base colors, and one inbetween those for details, and maybe a few others just to keep things organized. (this vexel for example was only 5 layers </selfplug>) Since you can reorder objects however you want (I think it's with page up and down keys) you don't really need that many layers.
But whatever floats your boat.

Well I did try to make it with less but ended up getting colors overlapping and blocking out the outlines. And that's where I got frustrated. So I started making more layers to help overcome that. Until I gain more experience with Inkscape, I suppose this is the way I'll have to do it until a brainstorm hits me. And yeah it's shift+pgup/pgdn to move objects between layers in Inkscape. Thanks for that input though, maybe my brain will eventually figure out what I should be doing cause it's a lot of work tracking all those layers.

Quote: I think in Inkscape, when you undo it removes the entire shape and you can't redo, so you have to press either delete or backspace if you want to undo each click thing.

when you finish, can you tell me? I'd like to see.

Yeah, if you try to delete a node on a shape you just created it deletes the whole shape but you can delete nodes you add to the shape after it's been created. But I found that if I try to move a shape from one layer to another and there are layers hidden the shape your moving sometimes disappears and is virtually lost. I haven't figured out where they've gone or how to get them back when that happens. And with all those layers it's too easy to create shapes on the wrong layer if your not careful. Inkscape doesn't save undo history between sessions either as far as I can tell. I suppose I could lock layers too, that might help.

Hopefully I will be finished soon. And I'll see about putting your suggestion to good use by combining layers and get rid of some.

** Crap it just dawned on me ... man I could just kick myself ... I think I've figured out what I was doing wrong so we'll see :)

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.