Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Star Ocean 3 - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 7 total items

hykyit

hykyit

- Softie -

What do you all think of SquareEnix latest release Star Ocean 3??Even though the story line is not to say completely nice,but i think the game play is just....FANTASTIC!!!Do you all share the same thoughts with me?Voice your opinions!!

I just cant stop talking~ XD

I heard the battle system was one of the best in the rpg genre. I so want to get it~ XD XD But stupid yr12 exams are coming up and my dad would kill me.
Imo, it looks really cool. :)

AceGunman

AceGunman

*hums*

The gameplay is pretty fun, albeit somewhat easy and as you say the story isn't exactly the best 8P The Voice acting for some of the chars is pretty bad as well imo 8P
But I haven't finished it yet but so far it's more of an Ok RPG, so if anyone's pondering buying Shadow Hearts 2 or something or Star Ocean 3, I'd say the other RPG's are the way to go 8P

I love Star Ocean 3!

whitefang

whitefang

Pirate Hunter

i like SO3. but i don't like the secret boss

Signature

I love the game, I thought the story could have been more developed, and a lot less like a certain movie *coughcough*matrix*cough*. In terms of the fighting system, its phenominal, great control.. and much more strategic with both HP and MP being invaluable. Only real gripe I have with teh game, is the lack of the special skills from the previous versions of Star Ocean. After getting to level 80+ (i cant remember the exact level) you still gain SP every level, and yet your 4 "stat" skills are maxed. And even with them.. you dont want to max both attack and def, unless you want to confuse the AI characters and have them literally stand there for seconds at a time.. doing nothing..

but anyway.. i digress.. Star Ocean 3.. is a great game, with a somewhat, rehashed story, but fun battles, a definate buy if you like RPGs.

Signature

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

This is a quote from MissCZ's topic awhile ago, keep in mind he put this topic up like 6 weeks ago.

oooooo.......Star Ocean changed......BIG time....i mean.....I've been watiing for over a year and a half...but everything is very different about it. Espically the PA system and the removal of the additional effects (Well more of limited it to HP, MP, Attack and Defense) Though graphics are nice.....I hate the fact that half the time the music is as loud as the voices, which doesn't help matters and makes it seem poorly done. Battle system is decent.... but that fat guy that runs around screaming "Please, spare me" IS SO DAMN annoying! I have seen him in almost every dungeon! I will seriously put a bullet into my TV if I see him again, so I better get another TV on hand.

Another thing I don't like is how you just start the game at a resort.. No background information, nothing. You don't know what their doing there, or anything at all.
Espically how he refers to his uncle as his 'dad', so wtf is with his real parents then. Just alot of different things they did that I really don't like about it. BUT! Its a huge change, and my love for Star Ocean in inifinate, so unless they have a god awful ending then I probably will continue to get everything out of this game > : ).

That review is a basic summery of what I've played, Ritalin. I've been an advent gamer for some time and I know how to waste my life in a game ^.~. Sides most PS2 RPG's aren't really that long, the big thing now is graphics and scenery. Thats the big focus, seems length in games has taken a sharp cut.

i just came back from playing now, yes, it is addictive. But to be honest they cut alot of some of my fav things (once again, this is my personal opinion.) Anyways they could of done a few things differently but still, once again the voice acting needs work =/ You know I was expecting ALOT better out of SquareEnix, since Star Ocean Second Story (Since they never did make a SO2 ^.~ They've all just been Star Ocean, and yes I am anal about certain things) sucked royal ASS with the voice overs. I mean, I got all the damn endings in so:ss and that was the biggest bitch in the world to listen to Claude or Rena talk constantly, so I ended up listening to music and just muting the game. > : ).

My review was to give my thoughts on the game, you can get a feel for the game and how it'll be just by starting it, you don't need to play the whole thing through, its not like a movie. I was also stating the differences I've noticed thus far, NOW if it was plot, that'd be a different story, since I'm only about to meet the Queen. So I'm not really that far @_@.

Yeah...The PA system is so messed up for me, you just enter a town and you can engage in one, but then again since they went back to the original map method that the first one had I suppose it works, but still hot damn it sucks. Yeah, Fayt(or is it Fate....O.o) 'snapped' and now I'm in this holy temple place, can't remember it cause I've been replying to so many things to catch up and I've been doing Tales of Symphonia as well so my brain can't take it. Anyways I'm there trying to stop these people from taking this Orb, as for the PA's....well lets just say I'm gonna get a feel for the game before I really abuse the PA system > : )

*Whew* Gogo Copy and Paste >.>

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.