Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 VideoGames turned movies - Which would you like to see? - Minitokyo

VideoGames turned movies - Which would you like to see?

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 94 total items

I agree, I thought the First Mortal Kombat movie was the best, the second one lacked alot(especially when they replaced Raiden, Christopher Lambert was better than the guy that was in the 2nd).

Not sure about any movies mentioned about Uwe Boll, so I'm going to have to review, otherwise I don't have an differentiating opinion. Chances are, I may have already seen a movie or two by him, but I don't recall which.

And to keep this thread back on track, I believe with the rekindled interest in Fallout, I think that would be an awesome movie. The ending(I won't say, don't wanna spoil it for anyone that may be playing) pretty much leaves it wide open, and anything can be done for a movie, or even a Fallout 4 game if they ever thought about it. It would be awesome cuz I've been a fan of the Fallout games since Interplay first came up with the idea and released 1 & 2.

Maholix

Maholix

Professinal Lurker

I think if they made Legend of Zelda, they had better do it right. Reflect on it's beginnings, the lore, and even the style of the music. Music being obviusly a main thing in all of the Zelda titles and all. Zelda is special in how unique it is, and the legacy it has.

But even if they made it, I wouldn't get my hopes up. Even the titles are starting to fall away from the basics a bit, and seem to be mimicing the long standing and then making something new of it.

Anyway, those Zelda die hards that will go to see it will be super ticked if the studios don't do it justice, and it's because of that I think recording companys won't touch it for some time, unless they are super desprate for some ratings. They would feel the burden of the project before they even got started. Though I suppose they would have no shortage of volenteers if they got the word out, and were the first to do it.

As for my choice, I dunno. The main reason I play video games in the first place is that I have choices. That it remains open ended, even if it has a lot of cut scenes and such. If I want to watch a movie, it's often because I want to do that. Just witness a story, watch the charaters and learn of them. If it's good, it's then like I'm there with them and I'll likely want more. Kinda like a good book.

Those things are seperate entites for a reason. They are, in some basic level, there for different purposes. And when they get crossed over to a new stage, something will usually get lost in transit.

"One must take note of those who do the unusual. The unpopular road is hard, and holds no support for those who travel it. It is a road of courage, one traveled only by those with reason; even if the reason is yet to be seen."

I guess metal gear solid would be cool

dementia

dementia

Glare

I'm so happy they are doing a Prince of Persia movie. written by the guy who wrote Sands of Time and created the first PoP. It is also going to be done by PoC crew. Though I still don't like who is going to be the actors.
Other then that I would like to see a DMC movie(I know there was an anime), but the movie would only work if it is animated or CG, and not live action.

They should a Command and Conquer movie. Make of some war with Russia and have lots of shots of Tanya blowing things up.

Gamefreak91

Gamefreak91

Challenger of Games

Two I think should be movies and they are the Fallout series for its dramatic story of the United States and China being ruined by nuclear war and the Half-Life series for the same reason except the fact for the world was ruined by a science experiment gone horribly wrong.

Well the problem is that most games=>movie-conversions are butchering the content of the game... but I would absolutely love a good Planescape Movie. Since Planescape focuses more on dialog and story it would be a very good source for a movie.
Or The Longest Journey Series but of course it would be better to make the movie(s) after they actually finished the series.

But like I said: Sadly there is practically no good movie based on a game so I would prefer to have no movie instead of a terrible conversion.

Quote by Gamefreak91Two I think should be movies and they are the Fallout series for its dramatic story of the United States and China being ruined by nuclear war and the Half-Life series for the same reason except the fact for the world was ruined by a science experiment gone horribly wrong.

I agree, but they can't just put anyone in charge. It would have to be someone that really knows how to bring it out, people like Jerry Bruckheimer for example. I can imagine a Fallout movie by him considering his extensive movie resume. As for Half-life, I honestly can't put my finger on who would be perfect for the job.

Final Fantasy VIII and F.E.A.R.

Don'tcha see the big deck don'tcha see the big chain don'tcha see the big grill wonder who they hatin' on lately its that one dude.

Zelda would be nice if done properly...

But I am hoping for a proper CGI of starcraft

Most definately Devil May Cry. I never had a Playstation when I was younger, so I only know Devil May Cry 4 since I bought a PS3 last year.
I love this game so much. I'm not into Action games normally. But hell, the characters are cool, the graphics are great, the sequences made me stand in awe.
Although... maybe I'd like it less if they made a sucky movie. Dunno. I also can't think of an actor who could live up to Dantes hot- and coolness.

Quote by OnikyouMost definately Devil May Cry. I never had a Playstation when I was younger, so I only know Devil May Cry 4 since I bought a PS3 last year.
I love this game so much. I'm not into Action games normally. But hell, the characters are cool, the graphics are great, the sequences made me stand in awe.
Although... maybe I'd like it less if they made a sucky movie. Dunno. I also can't think of an actor who could live up to Dantes hot- and coolness.

WHoever Dante is, he should be in his 30's, muscular but not overly big, childish, and very cocky. I can't think of any actor either. Dante acts like he is an american though. His voice and attitude combined.

Don'tcha see the big deck don'tcha see the big chain don'tcha see the big grill wonder who they hatin' on lately its that one dude.

Soul Calibur! I'm an Ivy fan!

Kazenonatsu

Kazenonatsu

Day Dreamer

XE-NO-SA-GA. Xenosaga would make an epic movie if they didn't butcher it, i'd preferably like a live action movie; but then again most live action versions of anime/games ARE butchered =(

A moment bound in eternity.

GenAJ-SD1

GenAJ-SD1

The flame that ignites passion

i'd love to see them make a movie about sonic the hedgehog.. i made a pretty good story about him and Star Fox, but I need to like put it on a site... called it Stardust... like the pics on my userpage. (I didn't think they could come up with a good story so I made my own but no site to put it on 0_o?) also i think they're making one with Link in it

i have two video games in mind, Devil May Cry and Kingdom Hearts

i would like to see a devil may cry movie if they find the right person to play Dante and at least have a decent villian

as for Kingdom Hearts, i think it would be best to focus less on anything disney and primarily focus on the keyblade and the heartless with new characters

Gears of War, Dead Space, Turok, Halo; I heard that they might be making movies off of Dead Space and Gears of War.

Bumble-Bee

Bumble-Bee

I'm cute, aren't I?

Either Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell is fine for me.
For the first, dunno how to make boss fights don't take too long time, tho.

metal gear solid is great, but final fantasy is great too, but if tur to movie maybe duration is too long

Legend of zelda or odin sphere! ><

i want all the beside story of Fate/Stay night

Legend of zelda and odin sphere! >_<

FEAR or Final Fantasy 10.

Signature
You best be fearin' the ears baby.

world of warcraft ... i don't play it but i've seen the short movies at the begging of the game and i really like them

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 94 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.