Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What kind of Computer System would you want to own? - Minitokyo

What kind of Computer System would you want to own?

What kind of computer/laptop do you own or have?

iMac Apple
6 votes
Sony
1 votes
Toshiba
4 votes
HP
7 votes
Dell
5 votes
other
21 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 71 total items

ScarXHeart

ScarXHeart

Make the best memories in life

I just wanted to have an opinion from the people of minitokyo.
Before I go out and buy me some crappy laptop or computer.
But what do you think the best computer for me to get and why?

- Lenovo (ex IBM). better build and good screens;
- or Sony (i.e. Vaio), some have really good screens

epsilon86

Scanner

epsilon86

Epsilon

I recommend Imac since this is what im using. But my apple version cannot go online. Maybe due to settings... So im using parallel desktop meaning window version install in apple computer. The graphics is great, esp good for doing digital art.

I dont recommend laptop. Cos it heat up pretty fast. low battery life. my HP laptop heat up so much that my ram is burn. I have to change the whole hard disk and remove the ram... But i get it for free since it is under warranty. this happen when i just buy the com for 6 months. Now it is collecting dust cos i seldom use it.....

EuforiaAmuritaNatsumi

EuforiaAmuritaNatsumi

Cosplayer,Photograp& Illustrator

Yeah.I'm agree with epsilon86
Mac is the good recommend,and Just like she said the laptop is more weak than PC.If you want to use in door I recommend PC so you can build up the material in there to be your best PC.but If you buy Laptop you will have some problem to build it.
but If you like to going (out door) maybe laptop is can be your partner.eventhought I not recommend it
heheheeh^ ^

Signature Image
naru-nanao-heroineskururu-forevershugo-charavocaloid2make-your-best

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

It really depends all on what you want to use it for.

If you're technically minded or know someone who is, a custom built PC is the best way to go as then you can get the best brands and find the best deals for parts, saving money in the process over a prebuilt one

iMac's are good, really sleek looking (currently using a 20" one) though unless you really have the money to burn you'd be better going for a PC as you can get a similar spec'd system for far less

Signature Image

Alfredigital

Alfredigital

I WAS BORN TO MURDER THE WORLD!

I'd prefer to build my own PC.

http://www.hardwarephile.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/idf-harpertown-skulltrail-quad-sli2.jpg

that pc looks like its gonna drain a shitload of watt's. and while building your own is good, not all have the technical finesse for it or the time to build it.
Sony is a good brand, but usually quite expensive, same goes for Dell.
ive heard from techgeeks in my friends group that you should stay away from toshiba and fujitsu siemens. at same time i know many with an Acer laptop, who all like the brand, because theyre usually pretty good for a fair price, even though not comparable with Dell (for their service) or Sony.
so i'd go for Acer if its laptop, its what im gonna buy myself when i can afford :P

Alden

Alden

Lose the Pride.

My dad makes his own computers since he is skilled with hardware.
As for me, I prefer to buy but after asking alot of questions.

Click ----> Japanese Lover! ^_^

MasterDrew

MasterDrew

The random Monkey!!!

I made my computer and it's quite easy to do so if you just want to get one up and running. The harder part is finding things for what your trying to use at the best price. I personaly dont have the money (at the time of this box being built) to buy top of the line stuff. With my knowledge i was able to put together a high preformace system for much much cheaper then off the shelf prebuilt prices. I recommend looking into if you plan on buying or upgrading soon and havnt done so before. One warrning though is, make sure you look at all the socket types on the parts beucae i've run into manyatime when my ram is the incorrect socket or this motherboard dosnt accept this component.
Anyway, happy hunting.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I have compaq again hehe the computer was a waste because I got it reconditioned and back in 97 but they have gotten better over time ^_^ dell is an excellent computer don't know about labtops, I am disappointed in mac but I have always been, sorry to those that are mac fans ^_^ I also like toshiba, but I have never had any help from sony or hp

BuBbLeS!

Signature

I have a Gateway laptop,it's a couple years old and it's nice, but it's graphics card isn't worth jack. I'm not a big computer gamer, so this is fine for me. Though when I try to play an online game, I usually get kicked off the server for lag. I don't really know about Gateway as a whole for computers, but from what I've seen, they're pretty decent. Even though my laptop was supposed to be Vista capable (you know, before Vista came out), but it's been running it just fine ever since I put it on it. Macs are also nice, but I couldn't survive without right click.

Depends on how much you want to spend?
:) I also suggest you decide between laptop/desktop and mac/pc before you go any further.

I like making my own desktops, although now may not be a good time because of the 750/780i motherboard video corruption bug that hasn't been fixed yet, personally I'd try and hold out for the next generation of motherboards.

I also have a Dell XPS1530 that I'm super happy with (although I installed XP on it)--and it's about $1000 cheaper than the correspondingly specced mac.
I was looking into Alienware laptops for gaming a while ago, but I think the price tag is completely atrocious.

I already have toshiba, but what computer system i want, maybe something like EXAM system and zero system :)

A super computer that dosen't lag. Zero waiting time

Fastest gaming HP

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

I own an dell.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

Get a mac and run windows.

or...

I'd personally get something Alienware

it really depends on how much you're willing to spend

I have macbook pro 15 inch!

ibm laptop (40gb and super heated the plastic cracked 3 times before the guarantee ends) theres no way to upgrade hd because i have to buy it from ibm company with super high over priced tag. :....(

sakuyahikari

sakuyahikari

Release My Soul

I have a custom built one courtesy of my brother (and a lot of pressure from me).

Signature Image
If you could see me now
I wonder what you would think
Me, living without you

i want a machine wchich will work very good
i have HP DV7 with 17" screen
in my opinion 9/10

Exactly the one I have. XP Home

Panncakez

Panncakez

Resident Yukiist

I'm an Apple fanboy, so I'm a bit biased... But I love my Mac. I only have a 15" laptop, but it's good enough for all of my needs, and it doesn't really overheat. The OS is easy to use and it's not too totally different from a Windows OS like some people think. If you're looking for a desktop, though, I'd definitely go with an iMac. They don't even have a computer, it's just a monitor with internal memory, which, IMO, is awesome. Lots of commas, lol.

But yeah, anything Apple is awesome. I think if you get anything with Windows 7, it's good, too.

EDIT: Though, I forgot about budget... It all really depends on the cost, but I'd still say Apple is your best bet despite the hefty price tag.

Duuz

Duuz

Master of Disaster

Any that can compensate for the lag during online game play.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 71 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.