Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What kind of Computer System would you want to own? - Minitokyo

What kind of Computer System would you want to own?

What kind of computer/laptop do you own or have?

iMac Apple
6 votes
Sony
1 votes
Toshiba
4 votes
HP
7 votes
Dell
5 votes
other
21 votes

Only members can vote.

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 71 total items

I own a Hewlett-Packard Pavilion dv5-1260br notebook computer with its Operating System upgraded from the factory-installed Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit to a MS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit FPP licence I bought few months after MS launched Windows 7. An excellent computer build with quality parts. It stands my day-by-day (12 to 16 daily hours of use) and still is new and completely functioning. It's fast, stable, safe and reliable. It does all I need it to do as a Systems Analyst, Database Administrator and Information Technology Advisor and as a home user.

I don't work for HP and MS, didn't receive money from HP or MS and ain't a fanboy, ScarXHeart. I only am an expert user. I installed and configured everything on my computer. I know how to use it and get the best of it.

I recommend you to buy a notebook computer and an USB external hard drive for backup. In my opinion, the desktop computer place is the museum. Notebook computers run hot -- mine isn't exception; its AMD processor and ATI graphics generate a lot of heat -- and can overheat and malfunction depending on the environment -- as an example, used inside a closed and warm room for too many hours -- and incorrect use -- the cooling inlets can be blocked when above soft surfaces; without air enough, the cooling doesn't work --. If your environment doesn't help you, buy a cooling base for your notebook computer. It's cheap and it helps to keep the notebook computer cool. Use your notebook computer correctly and keep it clean, and you should have no problems. Test everything on your notebook computer during the warranty period and, if it develops a problem, don't waste time; ask the manufacturer to service it or, if it develops more than one problem or you think the only problem is serious enough, ask the manufacturer to replace the whole notebook computer or return your money. Pay attention to the BIOS updates: The manufacturers release them for a good reason. Update your notebook computer BIOS when needed. For an example, a BIOS update solved an overheating problem on some HP dv6000 notebook computers. Caveat emptor, my friend.

Finally, Apple or PC? You decide it, ScarXHeart. You'll find people who'll help you no matter your choice. I'm a PC and I'll help you even if you buy an Apple. You can buy Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo, Sony or Toshiba notebook computers with peace of mind. These are manufacturers known for its quality notebook computers with decent warranties and good or excellent technical support.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

Fastest gaming HP

my pc is very strong

i have dell

LonelyAmure

LonelyAmure

???? Friendship & Love

you know, I wish I owned an alienware m17x....

( ^_^)o??o(^_^ )Cheers~ my favorite|Twitter|Facebook|Windows Live|Minitokyo|My Wordpress!|USE Tineye-kun!
"The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart."

Quote: LonelyAmure ????(@uggubs)??@kilacco??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Honestly, my laptop is so old, i don't recognize the brand label XD
i do want either a Toshiba, or a Hp

Kildarke

?????

MeBuild,,,,lol..

Bad experience with Compaq & DELL.
Absolute scraps yet I dunno why it was still selling so ex.

Macs are good if you have the money to shell out for them. Their hardware is generally more sturdy than PCs, and they have a delightfully sleek and aesthetic design. I personally and a PC lover because I grew up in Windows systems. Vista isn't as bad as people say it is; it takes up a lot of space and has some quirks but it's almost exactly like XP in most aspects. I still prefer XP if I have the option. I have no experience with 7 so have no idea what to say there...

In terms of laptop brands, avoid Dell. HP, Toshiba and Acer are good brands. Sony makes pretty computers but they don't last very long, Dell's customer service is horrible and the computers are wretched bricks, I've owned a few Toshibas and been very pleased with them, and I consider HP to probably be the best brand out there in durability, battery life, customer service, etc. Price-wise, Acers are probably lowest for the best computer.

loutemi2

loutemi2

TAMAYA !! \(^o^)/

Acer (I know it's not famous, but is works well)

i would looov to have a mac! ive always wanted one

If I have enough money I will choose the best iMac laptop.
I'm too accustomed with Windows (XP, Vista, 7), so I want to try another OS. Maybe I'll try uBuntu.

But with limited fund, I think I only manage to afford Acer.

mac or toshiba maybe, cause i like it for play games n need for speed

I had a Dell until it broke up. To fix it would be expensive, so I've put togheter an openned architecture one (PC). Still like Dell for not books. Quite good...

I own a Gateway PC...its not bad at all

6. other

I own a Compaq, which is so crappy.

i dont have it

ScarXHeart

ScarXHeart

Make the best memories in life

Hello Minitokyoers!
I already bought an iPad and I love it! ^.^ Great tablet and easy on the go! Apple is Awesome! I can't get enough of their products!
But even though I own a computer doesn't mean you guys can't still leave your opinions.
I really appreciate all the comments that helped me! Thank you!

Mac OS...curently I own Microsoft Win. Vista.....but Im satisfied

I like Sony but Would like to try Mac

anything that supports linux

acer with VGA geforce 9600 and have 4 gb ram

I already have it, a MacBook Pro, but would like the iMac.

sony vaio of course!

i really like to have an iMac and i mean the latez becoz it is so worth it...the Features! No comment

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 71 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.