Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 need new anime series. - Minitokyo

need new anime series.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

im looking for something in the following genres (doesnt have to cover all of them, but a few would be good)
Cyberpunk
postcyberpunk
steampunk (the three above covers anime like Ergo Proxy (which i very much liked)
ero guro (not hentai, but a little like Mnemosyne maybe)
horror
mystery

i have a huge "watched list" of anime's and finding a new just by searching those terms didnt help me much.

so does anyone know a few good in these categories?
and please add a little info on what the series is about ;)

BobaFett2ha

BobaFett2ha

Mandalore

If you haven't already seem them, you should check out the Satoshi Kon movies Perfect Blue and Paprika.

"The ugly and thin cattle ate up the seven sleek and fat cattle." - Genesis 41:4

orpheuz

orpheuz

I shall return

what I can only think of with horror and mystery are Ghost Hunt and Ghost Hound. Think you already know Higurashi no Koro ni. hmmm.... or maybe Jigoku Shoujo?

I recommend Tsukihime and Kara no Kyoukai too.

Plug: Check out the latest update of MoeMoe, click the image to vote
Signature Image

Whats with Hellsing?!

I will look into Perfect blue, Paprika, Ghost hound, Ghost hunt and tsukihime.

Hellsing i watched a bit of a long time ago, but didnt find it that exciting.
Higurashi no koro ni i saw the whole thing of a long time ago, really good anime, weird way of story telling though.

thanks for the suggestions.

kuryuki

Linguistics

kuryuki

(づ´ ³`)づ

if u want horror then higurashi no naku koro ni

---Hiatus till May......Finals too stressful...
Deviant Art // Pixiv // Tumblr // Twitter // Instagram

CTEon

CTEon

.:Holy Devil:.

if you're after ero as in harem type or whatever with fan service...not sure if yo uhave watched stuff like ikkitousen or to-love-ru or girls bravo...uhhh...rosario+vampire....I'd suggest stuff from your other genres but I'm more a comedy, action/adventure and mecha type which is none of the things you mentioned...sorry :<

Yesterday is hisory, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that's why it is called the present

Ok, im gonna give a little update to this thread, since i got a good tip from a real life friend who also tends to watch a fair load of anime.
the tip was to make an anime list like his own on myanimelist.net which i have done.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/cerberus20 <-- my list
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Birnir <--- my irl friends list

the one horror im currently trying out is texhnolyze, so far its very odd and theres a bit of thrill in it.
though i will still be grateful for recommendations that are not allready on this list, anything suggested that seems decent i will add to the plan to watch list.

jlobo177

Today is a gift, Don't waste it!

THIS IS THE END... i can`t believe that some of the most great mangas and animes series are ruin as DISASTROUS MOVIES with cheap actors, like DRAGON BALL... ¿WHAT DO U THINK?

well im personally going to watch the DBZ movie, even if its not going to be great.
mostly i dont like when they make anime and manga into live action, as it tends to really ruin the stories, and in no way getting anywhere near where either the manga or anime were. its really sad.
i will simply recommend my friends to stay away from them, since they in most cases will be disappointed at how much of the story is missing in the live action versions.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.