Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you prefer a short or long series? - Minitokyo

Do you prefer a short or long series?

This thread is full. If you wish to continue discussing this subject, you are allowed to make a new thread about it.

page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21 Next » 501 total items

kagedarkmode

kagedarkmode

刃の下に心あり

I liked long series until recently...the longer the better.

Like DBZ or Rurouni Kenshin when I was a kid and Naruto and Bleach...
But after, like, 90+ eps, the fillers started getting boring...

Now I prefer short series at just around 20-30 and sometimes 30-40 if it's really good

I can't really say anything about manga though, since I only have volume33
of Bleach that someone gave me as a gift (in kanji which I can't read!)
and 10 chapters of Shippuuden I read online...

So, what's your opinion? Do you like 'em short or long? ^_^

. /l、
゙(゚、 。 7 nyan~
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

depend on the plot when it drags on and on with the same stupid theme, thats bad and annoys the hell out of me

normally 50 eps is the max for me

I feel that 13 eps is a bit too short

Bumble-Bee

Bumble-Bee

I'm cute, aren't I?

I'll go with the short ones.
Long series takes so much space in my HD...
And my CD/DVD-ROM are broken. Hmph.

24-26 episodes +ova past that the series starts getting stupid and shorter than that you just don't feel like everything is resolved.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I like a medium really...not too short and defintely not too long...I mean a good number would be around a hundred...some that are close or over 250 are just too much because I have a real short attention span so it's hard for me to watch anime that long, I do enjoy watching them and all then all of a sudden I just get bored of them

BuBbLeS!

Signature

hanatarah

hanatarah

lost under the red moon

i like it long when it is interesting, like naruto shippuden. but some times l just want them to it already.

join koga-from-inuyasha! (\__/)
(O.O)
(")_(")

Usually, I like long series. But it gets annoying fillers start in the long series, like Bleach. I loved it until the fillers. D: I still like it a lot, and I'm reading the series over in manga form, but when it comes to the filler part... my Bleach love will die. DX

And yes, I've always hated how some animes end at 13 episodes. It's so short that it's easy to finish it in two days... or even less than one. xD

Moderate size animes are great too, like Fullmetal Alchemist (51 eps) or Blood+ (50 eps). I usually don't watch animes with that length, because I can't find many at that length. xD Or maybe it's just because I don't watch enough. Oh well, will I ever know? ^^;

melymay

melymay

Abomidable Snow-Woman

I like it short and sweet. But I'll watch longer animes if I think they're worth watching.

I don't care if it's a short or long series, as long as it has a good story. When a series just goes on forever, I lose interest, plus it starts to feel like the story isn't going anywhere.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."
http://my.gpxpl.us/BloodWolfX

Well I always prefer short series like School Days and Vampire Knight (10-20 episodes) but I also watch longer series if the story plot is nice and the characters were very cute...
As for now my favorite short anime series is School Days and the longer series Prince of Tennis (170+ episodes)..

Signature Image
anime-fans-unitedtag-liciousanti-spammersuserpageskindesigns
Tagging: Visual novels, Gintama

i like short animes... till 26 is fine but if the story is interesting, i can go on till 50 or up... hate it when they do a lot of recap just to make the series long...

YoU cAn SaY tHe MoSt WoNdErFuL tHiNgS iF yOu WaNt To

Both, but mostly when the story is longer its expensiver too!

Depends whether or not its good, I don't usually get past the first episode or two if I find it boring, even if it does get better later on -_-

It all depends on the story and whether it's interesting (Naruto is a different matter, it wastes 20 minutes of the day and is sometimes interesting), generally the animes I'm watching are those really long ones where you have to be frozen to see what happens at the end *cough*D.gray-man*cough*

So basically I go for the story and not the length of the series... though some short series are just feels unfinished, like Zombie-loan... I think the manga is still running though :S I'll check later.

Long............it actually depends on what the story is about~~~! ^^
:P

chrissysky

Chrissy Sky

Long for my interests, short for my bank account. XD

dnandre

dnandre

it's ... nothing

well, basically i prefer short series than the long one :D
it's about 12 or 24 eps per series :D but sometimes i watch a long one too (like Gundam series or Rurouni Kenshin)

Signature

kuryuki

Linguistics

kuryuki

(づ´ ³`)づ

i like longer ones...cuz u kno short is like i get addicted they over....but osme short are okay

merged: 09-24-2008 ~ 05:13pm
actually i just perfer the serious that's still ongoing....cuz sometimes watching long from 1st ep is taking a bit long but good thing to do to waste time

---Hiatus till May......Finals too stressful...
Deviant Art // Pixiv // Tumblr // Twitter // Instagram

GreenArcherAlchemist

GreenArcherAlchemist

.Reached my LAST RESORT.

I like anime which follow the original manga, so their length depends on it. In general, I like short series the most, because I hate fillers and cause I like short menga series the most... The best are series which stop when the manga comes to a certain point and start again when there's more material (for example, xxxHolic)

No matter where we go, it's just battles, battles, battles... I get it already, that humans are stupid.

Longer anime episodes are better. Good animes are worth watching long!
Such as the highly plotted story of Inuyasha, I still hope there will be a continuation after ep167 and even movies. And the zodiac story of Fruits Basket, I still hope they can continue the anime till all 12animals have been introduced.

I prefer short series cause the story is fast.The onl dawback in short series is that sometimes you'll gonna think that it's not over yet,you might sometimes wanted that it should be a bit longer,some series does not floww thoroughtly to you(you might not understand some parts there).Sometimes there are good long series too cause of the good plot but I do'nt want it TOO LONG LIKE A HUNDRED OR MORE EPISODES I can't take it.

I prefered short series around 24 eps. But I can still hold up until 52 eps.
Beyond that.....its become boring. Just like KRR or Naruto.

in Principle, I always like it to be long as it got more opportunity to explain more and give us more lasting feeling of the series. I'll say at least 50 episodes for every series will be good (26 the bare minimum). As long as the story progress well not like those that develop too much to the point that you hardly can correlate with the beginning of the story (eg DBZ)

It depends on how good the series is, but i normally prefer longer ones or at least 20+ episodes.

13 to 26 is good. Depends on the series, some fit perfectly in 13 eps, others wouldn't get resolved in that short time. I guess that shows that the story itself is the most important thing. More than 40 is usually too long.

page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21 Next » 501 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.