Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you prefer a short or long series? - Minitokyo

Do you prefer a short or long series?

This thread is full. If you wish to continue discussing this subject, you are allowed to make a new thread about it.

page 2 of 21 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 Next » 501 total items

well, it mostly depends on the storyline. i dun like to be left hanging or when the story isn't done properly, so in that case, i wouldn't mind a long series. but there are some short series that are quite good and the story wraps up nicely. so i'd say, it depends on the plot itself. otherwise i dun have much of a preference:)

i agree with KnezMilos13. 13 to 26 will be the perfect 4 me. i don't have the time 2 wait and finish the long series one.

I don't "prefer" either in general. I only want a series to have as many episodes as needed to properly and concisely do what it needs to do. Many series are too long, and especially recently, many are too short.
Now, if I were to say which of those negatives I dislike more, I would immediately say too short. If it's too long, I can skip parts (not that I do) and I at least get a complete whole, even if I didn't like it as much. With too short, it means there's something missing, and I thus have to look for translations of other related media to catch what I know I missed.
Of course, that again doesn't mean I prefer long shows over short, just that I prefer TOO long over TOO short.

I like 2x chaps per anime with good story...

Hit fast, hit hard and never look back.

jlobo177

Today is a gift, Don't waste it!

long series... because you always want more... i remember angel sanctuary, was good but too short.

drsvans

drsvans

The werepyre burger overlord

I prefer to watch anime with 10-30 episodes, but if the writers can come up with a good story there are still interesting, then I don't care about the length.
Normaly I also try to stay away from series with only one chapter (from the mange) turned into one episode, and series that are released weekly, as their stories often are to thin to keep me interested, because they have a hard time coming up with new material, and resort to pointless fillers.

Loooooong, but only if the animation is good, and the plot...

Not too short nor too long. I like the mid way.

if it is too short, i really couldnt be bothered to watch unless someone i know has recommended it. otherwise im fine with long ones as most of time i dont know where the fillers are

I prefer long series because it's long lasting and.... well not short.

TinaYoshi

TinaYoshi

?? ?? <3

I like watching long series that are incomplete XD
But I'm turned away by long series that are already completed usually XD

I don't know why its weird XD

The longer series start off as series I'm not into that much till they get a good 20-50 episodes out, but after that incubation period they usually become my top favorite series more often then shorter series XD

It all depends on the plot...If it is long and it gets boring, I don't like it at all. If it is nice and it lasts I can never get enough! I like the nice ones to have up to 50 episodes. Or at least 23-25 episodes.

I prefer log series ^^

I prefer long series so that I get to see more of the characters I love. At least 26 episodes I think. Upsets me if itends too soon and I won't get to see them in action ever again.
But I dislike long series that have no ending; don't like the hanging-in-the-air feel.

D: SHORT! I can't stand watching the same thing for too long

If its a really really good anime or something that caught my interest like Dragonball Z I'd never want it to end but I do like short animes because I'm not gonna wanna commit so much time to anime that I think is ok & will run forever but I'm watching it just as a routine lol If that makes sense =/

for me 24-26 eps is the best^^ but i don't mind smaller or longer series as long as they cover all aspects(for small anime)or not become boring(large anime)

honestly, it doesnt really matter to me. as long as the anime has a good and decent start and a great ending, i dont really care how long it would go for!
the majority of animes that i watch are around one or two seasons only so about 13 or 25/26 eps. i have seen some that are going on forever with 200+ eps and some i like, others i think are just way too long and the story has just been dragged along. for these long animes, i would have preferred if the characters had some form of progress/development or perhaps that they will grow to be an adult (and then maybe their death) rather than everything looking like its all happened within the one year (or worst..the one month) [ie.detective conan...i used to like that but now its just done downhill for me...too repetitive and not enough progress. DB was good tho...the characters grew old and all...recently, itazura na kiss had the same thing. too bad the creator died]

I prefer long series but not too long like Inuyasha or some other lenghty manga series

7NaNa

The Queen Of Darkness

doesnt matter as long as its complete and its sub titled :P

I use to like longer series but given the fact that I think they sometimes waste episodes because they have like a 50 episode series i now prefer series from like 13 eps to 26. In fact some of the best anime i can think of have been no longer than 26 eps. Anime like Codes Geass, Gundam 00, Basilisk and other shows like them prove that you dont need a longer series to have a great show and a good story.

short one ! because they are much more focused and the story doesn't develop too slowly...

"The third principle of sentient life is the capacity for self-sacrifice, the conscious ability to override evolution and self-preservation for a cause, a friend, a loved one." Quote from Babylon V

Hmm, I'm fine with either. But please, no horrendously long flashbacks or recap episodes disguised as a new episode.

not too long and if really good, not too short.
If it`s really good, bah, if it`s superb then I could watch it forever

page 2 of 21 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 Next » 501 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.