Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Stricter Uploading Policy - Minitokyo

Stricter Uploading Policy

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Does anyone else think there should be a stricter uploading policy? Possibly with the new MiniTokyo layout, it could do what AnimePaper does: beginner wallpaper makers have to have their wallpapers approved before they're accepted into the gallery. Because as of now, every time I come on here, there are so many ripped wallpapers being uploaded by people with descriptions like " KAWAII!" or " :) :D :o XD X-O :sweat: " This is a great site, but having so many people coming and uploading ripped wallpapers is bringing the site's quality down.

I think by having some sort of pre-moderation system like AP would save peoples' time in the long run.

Oh yeah, it would also prevent the following from happening anymore:

Example 1 (1b:Same wallpaper, different person)

Example 2

Example 3

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

The second one amuses me greatly. It seems spammers have really started using anime-related sites to peddle their spam or do their scams. I got a Nigerian one on MyAnimeList some time ago, which is the second time I got something like this, the first time being here on Minitokyo.

ASH-Hikari

ASH-Hikari

I miss you MT <3

Lol :P
But I think MT is good the way it is. I'm glad that MT is not as strict on its policy as AP. That way up and coming wallers that put true effort into their walls--even if they're not all that amazing--have the chance for feedback and comments and faves and criticisms. Not only experts should be able to share their art. (Within reason; obviously a badly extracted low quality image with a gradient background and ugly text shouldn't be accepted for the gallery.)
I understand what you're saying about having an approval system. But I don't really want that either. It's true that we wouldn't have the ripped walls, but the rips are always reported right away anyways and don't get to stick around for very long. I think it would be too much work on the mod's part to approve every submission to MT.
That's my 2 cents anyhow ^^

Signature

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

The approval system has been brought up many times before. And the conclusion was that it wasn't necessary. Yes there are ripped wallpapers and crappy walls, but usually they get deleted pretty quickly, especially since there's the report system where members can help the mods spot them. There's no harm for the rips to stay up for an extra hour longer, they'll get deleted eventually. Normal wallpapers wouldn't need to be delayed to get into the gallery. And I think usually there are more good quality stuff than bad quality stuff anyway.

AP has its own system, and MT has its own system, each has their own advantages and disadvantages, and I think MT's system is working fine the way it is right now, no need to copy AP.

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.