Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Weird Problems in my PC - Minitokyo

Weird Problems in my PC

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Wslasher

Wslasher

Lone Samurai

Last saturday night, when I turned on my PC, I was wondering why my Connect To Icon in the Start Menu was missing. So I whent & gone to the control panel & check on my Network Connections. Turns out, my Dial Up was missing. So I tried to make a new on, but for some reason, it won't let me & only allowed me to make a connection using a broadband that is always on:

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/1516/58719126lc5.th.jpghttp://img378.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

One day, my dad ask a technician to fix something in my pc w/c allows us to connect to the net w/o going through dial up. And our package was originally for only 1 PC but we used a router to give 2 PCs a net.

Thing is, I can still somewhat use the net w/o dialing up, only problem, it doesn't always work. I either have to disable local area then turn off my modem & router, turn them back on & enable local area, & finally, do alot of repair w/ local area for my net to work again. Also, when the other pc in my house connects to the net, my net gets cut off. But we never had this problem before since we can just use the dial up again so that 2 PC can have internet.

Besides my internet problem, I also realized the day this happened, the "Not Geniune Windows" icon no longer appeared in the lower right corner of my PC. Doesn't bother much though. We had auto windows update disabled last time.

Finally, a weird 3rd problem occurs. The usernames of my Processes tab of my Task Manager no longer appears except for the System Idle Process.

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/9255/69318017nq5.th.jpghttp://img133.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

Could I have been hit by some kind of Trojan or Spyware or there's another reason to this?

5D's Caption: Vol.1

Wow, you've got some weird problems. I've got to ask you why your asking these questions on an anime site though. My suggestion, if your problem isn't too old, try doing a system restore to restore your computers system32 to a previous state. Hopefully if it is too old to show up on system restore, you have a backup for your system and can restore that state to your computer. Your probably better off googling some of these problems, its what I do if I ever get problems with my computer. If all else fails, I back up my data on memory sticks and cd's and reinstall the operating system. Honestly, I dont even use windows all the time anymore, I use Linux. I'm using a distribution called Ubuntu right now, you may want to give it a try to see if it can fix it if all else fails. You dont even have to install it, just try the live session to see if the internet would work with it in a less glitchy manor. You can ask me more if any of this has been helpful. If not, sorry I couldn't have been of any use.

Wslasher

Wslasher

Lone Samurai

Quote by marfish14Wow, you've got some weird problems. I've got to ask you why your asking these questions on an anime site though. My suggestion, if your problem isn't too old, try doing a system restore to restore your computers system32 to a previous state. Hopefully if it is too old to show up on system restore, you have a backup for your system and can restore that state to your computer. Your probably better off googling some of these problems, its what I do if I ever get problems with my computer. If all else fails, I back up my data on memory sticks and cd's and reinstall the operating system. Honestly, I dont even use windows all the time anymore, I use Linux. I'm using a distribution called Ubuntu right now, you may want to give it a try to see if it can fix it if all else fails. You dont even have to install it, just try the live session to see if the internet would work with it in a less glitchy manor. You can ask me more if any of this has been helpful. If not, sorry I couldn't have been of any use.

I already tried system restore like 5x even going back to last month, but to no avail.

Maybe my problem really is a trojan...

5D's Caption: Vol.1

Try this option first and see if it work if not they try the other option below
option1

Option 2

Open up your registry editor by going to run and type in regedit
In the registry editor, navigate to this location

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SYSTEM>CurrentControlSet>
Services>RasMan>PPP>EAP

Under EAP you should see 4 folders: 4,13,25, and 26

Delete only folders 25 and 26
Restart your computer and see if the dial-up option comes back

Signature

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.