Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is it WRONG to talk to your ex(s) - Minitokyo

Is it WRONG to talk to your ex(s)

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 40 total items

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

Is it WRONG to talk to your ex(s) even thou you're with someone else?

Just recently me and my girlfriend got into a bit of an argument cause she told me that I shouldn't be talking to my exs and she doesn't give me a reason why. All she says is, "Just don't talk to them ok!?". I keep telling her that me and my ex are just friends nothing more. But still, she says to not talk to my ex cause she hates it when I talk to her.

I don't know what the problem is with me talking to an ex of mine. Do you?

So, is it wrong talking to an ex of yours when your in a relationship with another person?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Signature Image

I think she's simply jealous, and doesn't want you to get close to anyone else. Anyways, do you really love her? If you do, you shouldn't let this bother you too much. Also if you honestly do want to keep your ex(s) as friends, a better solution is needed. It's your choice.

I agree your gf is jealous. You have had a very intimate relationship with another girl and it's easy to see her as competition if you still hang out with her a lot. But this is not the say you can't be friends or talk to her. But don't be overly friendly with her in front of your new gf. The thing you need to be careful about, is if the new gf gets jealous of any girl you hang out with. If this happens you need to reexamine your relationship.

Sakichii

Sakichii

Ash-chan

It's not really "wrong", it probably just makes your girlfriend feel uncomfortable. You used to be with that girl, so she might be afraid you might decide you want to be with her again, maybe by speaking to them you might rediscover old feelings...

Jealousy, just means she cares, or she's insecure and afraid of losing you.
If she didn't get jealous then she probably doesn't care about you so much, or else takes you for granted.

I know that I feel very uncomfortable with the idea of my bf spending time with other girls, though I do trust him, and know he's faithful...just as he would feel uncomfortable with me spending time with other guys, though I usually feel uncomfortable with other guys anyway...
Luckily I don't really have to worry about ex girlfriends, because he hasn't really been with anyone else.......

The main thing is not to see girl - friends without your girlfriend knowing, no matter how innocent, you may think it is, if your girlfriend finds out from anyone other than you, or if you don't work it out, she'll be bound to think you're cheating, even if you know you're not, and get really upset or angry.

Sometimes, I guess, it's not good to stay friends with your exs...
I know that if me and my boyfriend break up, he said that he didn't want to stay friends, because it would be too awkward or something...kinda depressing really...because I feel really close to him, and wouldn't want to lose him completely if we had to break up...

"Chi wa Hideki ga suki"
#JapaneseLover#

ZEUSSHADOW

ZEUSSHADOW

Dark Heart

it's ok to talk to them ,but try not to get too friendly to them in front of your girlfriend,
she might get the wrong idea.

I have no reason to explain anything to you...Dragon Strike

chii0103

chii0103

Namae wa Aybi desu~

"Just recently me and my girlfriend got into a bit of an argument cause she told me that I shouldn't be talking to my exs and she doesn't give me a reason why. All she says is, "Just don't talk to them ok!?". I keep telling her that me and my ex are just friends nothing more. But still, she says to not talk to my ex cause she hates it when I talk to her. "

You already got the answer. Indeed your gf is jealous of your ex, and she doesn't want you to talk to her. If it would be me I'd rather see you talking to a ~girl~ friend (a she friend) and not with an ex-girlfriend.

It's not really bad, but for a better relationship with your current gf, it's best to stay away from your ex even if you're just friends with her. and in any case you still want to keep in touch with your ex, just be sure to keep your current GF informed.:) It's best to have an open communication to avoid further confrontations.

Have a nice day!

Signature

~siggy by pache~

Janova

Janova

The Phreak

on personal experience ex's are pains cause if you or your partner had feelings still you would understand why they feel jealous or annoyed. its basicly saying hey they where first choice and your just second best in a way, but then again it is your choice and to be honest i would tell her to open up why and maybe u could come to a compromise. cause she could just be trying to control you and see how much your warped around her finger.

i have a rule about not hanging out with people of the opposite sex unless your in a group or with your partner at the same time so they know you are behaving.

Regards Janova (aka The Phreak)

Schlander

Schlander

The StealthHawk

Personally depends on how you broke it off with your Ex.

If you guys are vengeful and you feel like you need something to proev against your Ex, probrlay shouldn't.

or if your the jeaulous type and she is or he is currently seeing someone, again no.

Life is just the act of progressing, if you don't advance you don't live.

No, why should it be?!

have a related question that's been bothering me... when your ex invites you and your current partner to her wedding ceremony, should you attend alone or attend with your partner or choose to avoid?

coming back to the question - personally i think it's ok to talk to ex but nothing intimate and should avoid being alone with ex. I would also feel uncomfortable as well if my gf stays rather "close" with her ex.

no becouse you are over them(or are you)

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

Quote by moesuckerhave a related question that's been bothering me... when your ex invites you and your current partner to her wedding ceremony, should you attend alone or attend with your partner or choose to avoid?

coming back to the question - personally i think it's ok to talk to ex but nothing intimate and should avoid being alone with ex. I would also feel uncomfortable as well if my gf stays rather "close" with her ex.

To answer your question moesucker, it would really depends on:
1. how close you are to the ex that invited you
2. if your current partner is ok with you going either with her or alone

There some other ones to but those are as of now I could think of.

As for me, I would only see my ex as a friend which makes it alot better to talk to her when we can. If she asked me to go to her wedding, cause most likely we are still good friends, then I would go. I mean, I don't see anything wrong with that. It's just basicaly going to your friends wedding.

But it's really up to you and if you're with someone, you need to ask him / her first.

Signature Image

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

it's ok if your ex is your friends and don't hold anything against you.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

I dont think so i do sometimes

talking to your ex is not wrong, in fact its alright to do so since the relationship is only one side of your past so nothing wrong about talking

make use of what you have currently.. focus on the present with the past to guide you and the future to look forward to..

Prior to there even being a relationship there had to have been a friendship, so I think it's perfectly fine to talk to an ex. Sure things might be awkward at first, but that's just something that people need to get over, if they really value that friendship that came before the relationship.

dianas

dianas

WE ARE OF PEACE ALWAYS

I have a bad habit of "forgetting" people
if I lose contact with them...well I don`t bother much to look for my friends
this is available for my ex(s)

When life gives you lemons - make a lemonade XD
Creator of: BW-TB-:-C-sW
<--visit us--> Our world is based on attractioN

so hows it going for you? any news?

make use of what you have currently.. focus on the present with the past to guide you and the future to look forward to..

Jealousy is a big problem. It not exactly wrong but it can cause conflict and it pretty common to happen.

I suggest to read your partner reaction and opinion to such things and also try to avoid it especially in the beginning until both of you really close together and and trust each other. But still, after that try not to be too friendly with your ex. Things could get more complex if the interaction make your ex think that you still interested and start to chase after you again.

Your girlfriend has a insecurity issue man and you shouldn't feed it. You should be able to talk to anyone without any form of conflict, your grown man live your own life!

I think that there is nothing wrong in keeping in touch with your ex and stay friends (if there wasn`t a nasty break up in the past of course)

riku1212

riku1212

love hurts so much!

its not bad to talk to your ex's unless your prankcalling them then thats bad thats what i did and it still liked him and his girlfriend answered it was horrible so don't prankcall your ex but you can still talk to them.

you never know you love someone until you'ev lost them.
join: shugo-chara TWEWYnabari-no-ou dark-palace katekyo-hitman-reborn

carlozzzzbr

carlozzzzbr

Otaku-freak soldier

Nah, is not wrong. U should tell that to ur gf. Talking to ur ex's is perfectly normal.

No, I don't think it is. It's just like friends talking after a fight..but just a LITTLE bit more serious. If the breakup went fine, then talking to each other is fine.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 40 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.