Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Lolita - Cosplay or Fashion? - Minitokyo

Lolita - Cosplay or Fashion?

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Most people's probably heard of Lolita and have been exposed to the different people arguing what is cosplay and what is fashion. I would just like to hear MT's people's opinions on what is cosplay lolita, and what is fashion lolita, and is lolita fashion or cosplay?

Personally I see Lolita as a fashion statement. Cosplay lolita is when an anime or a manga uses lolita fashion for one of the characters, and then people cosplay that character - ex: Chobits, Rozen Maiden

There's some people who say that "cosplay lolita" is over the top, cheap material Lolita, which I do not agree with. I think those are just badly done lolita, and nothing about them is cosplay. Just because its an overly exagerated version of Lolita, its not cosplay if its not copying an anime/manga character.

So what's people's opinions?

melymay

melymay

Abomidable Snow-Woman

Hah. Lolita cosplay over the top? Cosplay is cosplay. Enough said.

Lolita, in my opinion, can be a fashion statement. Whatever floats people's boats I guess.

Lolita is fashion.
Because of frills and child-like clothes, in western places it seems more like a costume. In Japan it's fashion, and you can see many teens wearing lolita clothes.
I guess it all depends on cultures since Western people sees more as a costume since no one has actually wore them outside of Japan.

I would love to dress in a Lolita dress, but they're so expensive and everyone who actually sees me wearing it will think it's stupid and that I'm weird. It's too bad that some people can't be open-minded about lolita or different cultures.

I think that it's more of a fashion statement than cosplay. Or rather, it's a fashion statement that's applied to cosplay.

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.