Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Wondering why I suddenly got about 90 credits taken off? O.O - Minitokyo

Wondering why I suddenly got about 90 credits taken off? O.O

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Hello,

Last time I was on MT (a couple days ago I think) I remember my credits at about 40 when I left MT. Today when I came on MT, my credits was at -55. I'm just wondering what happened there...

I don't think I spam a lot. Sometimes I do put "Nice Scan, thank you" type comments on pictures that I downloaded or viewed, but I don't spam intentionally.

Just wondering what happened ...

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

If no mod has deleted a lot of comments of yours, that might be a bug.

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

A lot of your posts seem to be copy/pasting, which would probably mean a mod deleted a bunch of them for spamming. I wouldn't do it anymore if I were you.

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

Quote by Chloe-chanA lot of your posts seem to be copy/pasting, which would probably mean a mod deleted a bunch of them for spamming. I wouldn't do it anymore if I were you.

I actually type all of my comments, even if some of them are same as others. If that was the case (that a mod deleted my comments for spam), I seriously don't think I had 90 comments that look the same as each other.

I think the mods are going a bit overboard with their deleting of spam. I only comment on pictures I like and have viewed and usually download those. Every time I browse a gallery or the newly submited scan I click to view the thumbnail of pictures that I like and I always leave a comment of thank you. I will stop doing that, but I still think its a bit going overboard on the spam vigilance.

I think some legit comments are being deleted as well. There should be some rule that says you may not comment saying only "The scan is beautiful, thank you." Spam needs to be better defined in some policy or other. Is there a policy on what is considered spam somewhere that I can read through?

wow. you can have - credits? how does that work? (figured i shouldn't create an entire topic to ask ONE question) dont mind me borrowing your thread, right? *hopes*

oh, from the little i know, i assume you posted something like "that's nice" on many pictures. yea, that kinda is spamming. its not enough, a 'full' comment would be something where you describe what you dislike about the picture and suggest to the poster how he/she can improve or you go into detail about specific points that you really liked and stuff liddat. or you notice something about the picture that you loved and wanna ask the artist how he/she did that.

Quote by chaos850wow. you can have - credits? how does that work? (figured i shouldn't create an entire topic to ask ONE question) dont mind me borrowing your thread, right? *hopes*

oh, from the little i know, i assume you posted something like "that's nice" on many pictures. yea, that kinda is spamming. its not enough, a 'full' comment would be something where you describe what you dislike about the picture and suggest to the poster how he/she can improve or you go into detail about specific points that you really liked and stuff liddat. or you notice something about the picture that you loved and wanna ask the artist how he/she did that.

Yup you can get negative credits. I have negative credits right now XD I guess when your posts are deleted (and the credits taken off for those posts) and you go past 0, you get negative. I'm slowly working towards positive again right now XD at -15 now.

It's kind of hard to comment on the picture in detail when it's only a scan. The person did not draw it. Most I can say is something like "This is a beautiful scan, thank you for sharing" which is usually the type of comment I leave. Sometimes I state a bit more if something in the picture caught my eye specifically like "That scan looks like the mangaka changed their colouring style a bit" or something like that.

I'm guessing all my "thank you" type comments were deleted ... (even though I don't think I even had that many comments in the first place XD)

hmm, going a bit off topic again, perhaps we can have a rating system for pictures, so that if someone just wants to say thank you and that the scan/pic/whatever is nice they can just rate it a 5/5 or something. or, if you want to be extra cheezy have an extra rating called: 'Thank you, this was very nice.'

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

Quote by chaos850hmm, going a bit off topic again, perhaps we can have a rating system for pictures, so that if someone just wants to say thank you and that the scan/pic/whatever is nice they can just rate it a 5/5 or something. or, if you want to be extra cheezy have an extra rating called: 'Thank you, this was very nice.'

It's called a favorite :P

^ oh right. but i was thinking more along the lines of what youtube has. you can favourite and you can rate.

edit: also, rating allows you to rate badly, and to rate with different... umm... intensities?

Takeru623

Takeru623

Haruhiist

I had the same thing happen a few days ago when I lost about 40 credits overnight

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.