Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Need advice quick! Job search... - Minitokyo

Need advice quick! Job search...

page 1 of 1 7 total items

LZC

LZC

Mass of Contradictions

Hi, I need some quick advice on job interviews!

I have 2 upcoming interviews (new grad looking for work), scheduled a whole week apart.

The first is one that involves 12 hour production shift-work for like half the week at a commercial company. The draws for me are that the pay is relatively higher, there are more new things to learn, there's company transport... the downside is obviously the shift-work, plus they're not stating if there's training provided. Since it's a commercial company, though, it's likely they'd prefer experienced personnel over raw recruits like me.

The later one is a basic 9-6 job, at an established educational institution. There's training provided (seems like they're looking for raw recruits), so there's stuff to learn as well, though the job scope indicates it'll be routine after a while. The pay is lower, the transport costs will be higher, but it's true that *I'd prefer this as my starting job.*

Obviously I'll be going for both; there's no such thing as "in the bag" when it comes to fighting for jobs, anyways. The problem is that since the preferred one comes later, I'm not sure how to respond for the earlier commercial company interview. Like, what if: they somehow offer employment on the spot? ; or make positive remarks indicating favourable opinions? I mean, should I just accept it outright? Delay? Or... do I even bring up the other later interview in such a case? It sounds like a snub to do so, even as I type this out!

Of course, I might get chucked out of the door before I open my mouth. >_< I might not even succeed at the later interview too. But I hope I can get some advice here on what to do!

you may refer to http://forum.minitokyo.net/t57911 for tips.

if you do not have decent working experience back in your uni. days, i'd suggest you pick the low pay job, gain experience in dealing with works and dealing with people, build up self confidence first before jump aboard to another higher pay.

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

I do agree becuase that is what I been doing myself and work on your resume a bit more and try to show confidence and hope for the best.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

LZC

LZC

Mass of Contradictions

Yay, I got hired! After all this time, I was ready to stop hoping, but then I got a phone call out of the blue. It's the job I wanted too! Thanks for the advice!

Here's some from this experience: Beware of your caffeine intake on the previous day! I ended up being unable to sleep until after I got home from the next morning's interview. It's a literal miracle I ended up getting the job...

Time to do some more reading up before reporting for duty!

I'm sorry I'm too late to offer advice, but I will offer you congratulations!

LZC

LZC

Mass of Contradictions

Thanks! :)

Oooo, my head hurts! There's so much new stuff to learn, it's like going back to school!

congrats on getting ur desired job

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.