Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anime dubbed to your own language - Minitokyo

Anime dubbed to your own language

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

I know there are many people here who argue about wich is better japanese or english, but the real question is not wich of these beautiful languages is worse. No, not at all the real question is why is anime so horrible on your own language (don't be offended if you love your own language).

For example in my country the dubbing is so bad that when you here it without preparing your self. You just go mad with mixed emotions of sorrow, hatred and insanenik joy. You will just start to laugh hystericly until your head epxlodes.

But seriously speaking dubs are really bad in my country (finland) and I would like to hear your opinion about dubbings in your country. Are there anything dubbed to your own mother language and what do think about it. Is it bad, is it good just tell me everything.

Didn't belive me huh then check out this clip from digimon that aired in finland just few year back. You may not understand it but its suposed to be an very joyful moment of happiness. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KS7dZS-Ogc or this cry scene http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCzGnsCIGgQ&feature=related

well, i have heard dubs in cantonese, chinese, english and malay. the cantonese ones are quite good, many times they sound exactly like the original, chinese is not bad, but there's still room for improvement, english dubs sometimes can be very different, but i think that can't be help coz western voices and eastern voices are different. at least they got the tone for the chara's expression right. Lastly, well, not that i m speaking ill of any languages, , i have to say that malay dub is really really bad. one example: in malay naruto sound jz like a girl! doraemon's voice is high pitched, and i dun think the malay dubbers actually care what character they are subbing, coz there are a few cases where a man looks alot like a woman, so they jz dub the characters in women's voice, despite in jap they have manly voices.........

farhana

farhana

::Ciel::

I'm a Malaysian too.
And I have to say that I don't like Malay dub much and agreed with risingsundynasty.
I don't like how they dub Get!Backers and School Rumble..

Quote by risingsundynasty i have to say that malay dub is really really bad. one example: in malay naruto sound jz like a girl! doraemon's voice is high pitched, and i dun think the malay dubbers actually care what character they are subbing, coz there are a few cases where a man looks alot like a woman, so they jz dub the characters in women's voice, despite in jap they have manly voices.........

I have to agreed to that. I have also heared some dubs where young males or girl looking male character are dubbed by female actors even if their japanese voice actors had manly voices. It sometimes really irritating when you have just got in the best watchin mood and then something like that comes along and ruins it. Why is something like that even done is it becouse female actors don't cost as much or some other stupid reason like that.

Worse? I have no clue, because I rarely ever consider dubs. The only dubs I've ever heard are Chinese, and of course, English. Which is worse? I don't know, because I hate them both, lol. Still, I prefer English over Chinese, because I understand it better.

xANNAxBANANAX3

we like cookies too!

I rather anime not be dubbed in my language (English) because it ruins the magic of anime. Anime is Japanese it was developed by Japanese; it should be voiced by Japanese. Japanese people are really good at choosing cute voices to play the characters and I think American dubbers just take what they can get.

HATE IT! I love them in japanese and with all sorts of subtitles (english, french, german, indonesian, malay), but when they're dubbed, the characters have funny foices and no emotions...don't like that! :(

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

Iam kind on in between becuase I tend to like both the dub and the sub.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

uh hell no!
it just ruins the feelings in the anime which also ruins the japanish feel to it

make use of what you have currently.. focus on the present with the past to guide you and the future to look forward to..

It is a good question why I hate dubbing but I have no clear answer other than it sounded wrong. Even more after listen to the original voices.

Oh my God...
No way...
I'll switch off the TV right away !

Uttara

Uttara

Little Red Bat

Well, the only dubs I've heard are the English ones, and my opinion of them varies by anime. I do almost always prefer the orrigional Japanese version, but I don't hate all dubs. Of course, some are absolutely horrible, some are ok, but I think a few are actually pretty good. I'll almost aways watch a series in Japanese with subtitles the first time I see it, and then compare it with the English dub. If I own the series, and if I think they did a decent job with the dub (translation, charicterization, acting, and so on) I'll watch them both ways, depending on the situation.

Not all those who wander are lost...

i hate all dubs in english except for dragonball (((shudders)))

mwuhhahahahahha, are you sure that it's an official dub, it might only be an amateur dubb, the quality is sooo bad!
well in french the dabb are horrible too, no expression and the names are weir, well dubs are a real pain

hm... some dubs are quite good here (in Latin Spanish not spain spanish lol) but no all there are some that really suxs XD and i prefer original japanese... :D

Hit fast, hit hard and never look back.

Hiime-chan

i'm alive ;x

no way xD
Make a bad thing with Naruto and anothers animes they dubbed...
I like hear the original .. so much better ;D

nyuu *-*

Korean dubbed are pretty bad in my opinion because they never have any variaty of different voice actors for any anime. The voices sound the same in any anime series I've heard of. And they always change the characters names to korean ones. Like Tsuna from KHR name is changed to something like Jioo or something. English, isn't as bad, but I still prefer Japanese because it's original.

I aggree with Lems : french dub are so horrible. I've become alergic to even listening 5 minutes of it since i first discovered the orginal japanese dub. I just wanna scream for such massacre... Only movies are dubbed properly and just a few tv animes !

Evanglion was not so bad but you just can't compare to the power and emotion that was in the japanese dub ! Do you know that moment ? When Shinji screams when he couldn't save Toji, that made me shivered all over my body : it was a pure scream of dispair ! In fench, my reaction was : "oh, just shut up please ! you're hurting my ears !".

I think the difference is in how the dubbers see their work, a cultural thing maybe : in japan, it's a real job and you can be famous because of it (look at Megumi Hayashibara). Contrary to France, mostly because we don't have real pro (or so few), they are mostly actors who couldn't get a job.

You would be astonished to know that in the 80/90's when "Hokuto no Ken" first arrived in France, the group of dubbers stopped working and told that they wouldn't continue to work unless they could change what the caracters were saying ! Do you realize what that meant ? I think it's outrageous and so disrespectfull for the autors !

Now, i only watch sub version with japenese dub. they are so damn good at what they do !

"The third principle of sentient life is the capacity for self-sacrifice, the conscious ability to override evolution and self-preservation for a cause, a friend, a loved one." Quote from Babylon V

B4K4

B4K4

Shaman of Ice

I personally like the old dubs in Finnish. I was still a kid back then when they first aired though, but I've watched some of them later and I've never heard so good dubbing. I haven't seen any of those series in japanese so I don't know how well they go together, but they were really good and funny in other ways.
These days the dubs are pretty horrible.

Signature Image
You can kill with any emotion... But only love, can truly save someone

Haha I hate if they dub. an anime in Swedish! it sounds so fales! I like Japanese! cuz' they have voice actors who have train to make these kind of stuff (if we talk anime). But old dub. in swedish is much better than newer. old times they had so good voice >__<

Not all animes dubbed in my language, english is good. However there are those few animes that have been dubbed really well and i love it. They include FMA, Black Cat and Inuyasha

Kazenonatsu

Kazenonatsu

Day Dreamer

It depends on whether or not I think that the dubbing fits the anime and if its a good dubbing. Some of the anime that I found did a really good job on dubbing in english were: Hellsing (OVA's too), FMA, Inuyasha (pretty good at least). Some anime are good in both english and japanese and I just prefer to listen to them in japanese to learn it better.

A moment bound in eternity.

I don't like dubbed content. If it isn't the OP/ED, because they often turn out rather good in swedish :)

I prefer not to watch dubbed animes but some are ok like Wolfs Rain, Inuyasha and Howl's Moving Castle. But overall i like watching animes in japanese :P

.:Winter Love:.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.