Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Which is more important, Science or religion? [continued] - Minitokyo

Which is more important, Science or religion? [continued]

This thread is closed for posting.

page 5 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 104 total items

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: This must be proper empirical evidence, not some anecdote about how one of your acquaintances 'felt his presence' or 'it says so in the bible' or other nonsense like that.

the science proves that 'God's exist'

Quote: I disagree that religion helps science or science helps religion. Science and religion are antithetical to each other:

a. The very foundation of religion is based upon faith (belief without/in spite of evidence).
b. The very foundation of science is based upon empirical evidence. (belief validated by empirical evidence, i.e. empirical evidence is necessary)

u are completely wrong, how does someone who hasnt met God at all know that God's not exist, that faith is belief without evidence. the fact is many people know His existance and faith is belief with evidence, that's what is called faith. and do you know that science is the one that use a lot lot of probabilities? but faith isnt. and as the time goes by science in fact proves that religion is true. see how many things have been discovered by scientists which many years ago some conditions are impossible. and if you really read the Bible, many things that happens this time are written in the Bible.

Signature

Both.

BOTH ARE NEEDED.

One explains and discovers matters of the universe

The other explains and discovers matters of the soul.

Quote by fmp111"for Christianity, proof mostly comes out from the Bible."

And what rational evidence is presented in the bible?

Historical evidence. That's definitely rational. What's not rational is assuming there is nothing rational about the bible.

merged: 01-11-2009 ~ 06:19pm
"This must be proper empirical evidence, not some anecdote about how one of your acquaintances 'felt his presence' "

This statement isn't sensable. People did more than just "feel" him...they saw and and talked to him and ate alongside with him. Wise up.

science. religion is simply one of the ways to control people. science has it flaws but at least it's not trying to enforce rules and opinions justifying them with 'god's will'

i love science
hmm.....
nowaday, i lost my trust in religion.
but i do believe in God.

I totally agree with Mireya2. Both are equally important.
Well I'm not sure about christianity, but I know that most, if not all, religions' original aim is to teach people to do good. But due to circumstances, man were the ones who turned those morals around and use religion as an excuse for their own actions.

HikaruKage

HikaruKage

Inane Devvy

both are equally important for different matters. a man can't live on science or religion alone.

but happiness is what we want, not knowing what's of greater importance when knowing it wont help in anything except make certain parties feel more superior.

misuse of science also exists as much as misuse of religion.

atomic bombs and whatnot. Edison's electrocuting of elephants in order to defame Tesla's A/C current is an example of misusing science in order to instill fear.

either way. religion and science are both capable of improving mankind as well as bringing about degradation.

DeviantART
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. -Soren Kierkegaard
Perhaps it's harder to watch the burdened that to be burdened, that is why people always look away. -M.

page 5 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 104 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.