Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Have you ever had your works ripped? - Minitokyo

Have you ever had your works ripped?

page 1 of 1 14 total items

OriginalQueenofAnime

OriginalQueenofAnime

Yaoi Goddess

I'm curious as to how many people here on MT have had their works ripped, either here on MT by newbies who don't read the policy, or on different sites.

I just recently found one of my works ripped on another site. I happened upon it completely by chance too, so I really couldn't believe that one of my wallpapers was stolen.

I was searching for a picture of Joey Wheeler from YGO so I thought I'd go to Google and see what I can find. And 'lo and behold when instead of finding what I was looking for, I find one of my wallpapers on a site I don't ever remember going to.

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/9849/screenshot1gv6.th.jpg

I clicked on it, thinking maybe I made an account there a long time ago and I just don't remember making it. But no, it's not mine, at least, not a username I ever remember creating.

I made an account on the site and commented on the wallpaper that it was mine and that I'd like it removed. I also reported it. And now the only thing I can do is wait, it seems.

Although I am curious as to why they stole that particular wallpaper. I mean, if they got it from where I think (hope) they did, then I've created much better wallpapers that they could have taken instead. I only created that one because I was just getting used to Photoshop and I wanted to use one of my favorite characters in a wallpaper.

Signature Image
Owner of - | Sasuke-and-Naruto | Its-A-Wonderful-World || Admin of - Cute-Wallies || Mod of - FinalFantasyFans
Member of - FW | N | UPSD ] | YH | KHO | CL | BC | FMO | V | KK | MT-GS | VOTE

inuyashalove04

inuyashalove04

inuai-chan

Oh! Me! I have anime-jousama! I've been ripped at least once that I know of. *nods* It was done on here, and someone had the nerve to upload my Gaara of the Sand wallpaper (found on my page). It was my first wallpaper and I was so proud of it (and I still am), and I see it re-uploaded by someone else. Luckily for me, I was smart enough to have placed a tag on the bottom, and it even had 'wallpaper by inuyashalove04' on the bottom. I was so mad, that I reported it with a link to mine and to the new one, then I contacted the user. The person gave me this excuse about just finding it and what not. But yea...I've been ripped before.
I wouldn't be surprised if it's not happened again somewhere...people do it way to often. ~_~

Signature Image
"I personally believe that each of us was put here for a purpose-- to build not to destroy. If I can make people smile, then I have served my purpose for God." - Red Skelton

I have learnd my lessons after getting ripped. I add a small water mark so that nobody can erase it or vut it off from the picture.
Now the are advertising my works, Minitokyo and DeviantArt. But it is tough most of the time it must be a member from MT, couse pics i only uploaded here have gotten ripped. They are uploaded somewhere else with signature, and in original size.
Just look for works from Semanga you will find them more often on other sites. But she never uploaded them there!
It always happens and i will always happens. I think

Neil Gaiman had a good reply about this......

In an interview for his new book, he explained why he doesn't do too many book tours. At book signings, he would get hoards of fans as if it was some rock concert. He felt it wasn't fare to the fans to only spend a second with each person.

His idea was to do a book reading, tape it, upload each chapter (yes, the entire book, read by Gaiman) up on YouTube.

He was asked if he was worried about book sales if people could get it for free (on youtube). He replied: (paraphrasing, not exact quote from memory)

People should be more worried about obscurity than getting work stolen

...something like that. I think it's a good attitude.

Yamionpu

Yamionpu

Anime Space

I got ripped often, but I like it! I'm happy when I see some artwork of mine stolen and put somewhere where I didn't put it, it means I made something worth stealing ^_^!
So welcome to steal anything I make --> it just means more people will see it, and I'm happy when lots of people see what I did --> they don't have to know it was me ^_^"

inuyashalove04

inuyashalove04

inuai-chan

I was ripped again! This idiot posted my 'Stay With Me' - SasuNaru wallpaper on another site. I found it and reported the image. But yea...totally irritated me when I found it.

link

I'm not sure how long the link will work. But...incase you want to help me throw a fit. XD

merged: 11-29-2008 ~ 03:28am
*EDIT*
It's a yaoi site that is very...hehe...well most of the stuff there is hard yaoi images. So, just a warning, so you don't have a heart attack or something. X-P

Signature Image
"I personally believe that each of us was put here for a purpose-- to build not to destroy. If I can make people smile, then I have served my purpose for God." - Red Skelton

Bernouli

Retired Moderator

Bernouli

It's Never Lupus!

Anime-wallpapers is a cruddy little site where the admin lets people upload all kinds of anime wallpapers that they made or didn't make and want to share. I've had my works stolen and put on there too. Who knows how many more of my or anyone's walls from AP and MT are on there.

Signature
sheq's neenja mod

Galtrann

Galtrann

Sticky and Sweet

I was ripped one time!
My wallpaper of Rozen Maiden Alice (http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/345936)...
In another forum had a topic like this: "What is the wallpaper that you use on your desktop now?", one member posted my wallpaper there, without my signature, she said that had found at a site, but not remember which one. The person who plage reduced the wallpaper from 1280x960 to 1024x768, just to remove my signature!

kyubichan

kyubichan

Mobile Blackhole

Yes. Most of my arts are original characters (either my own or an idea that was asked to be drawn, credits go to the 'character creator', of course), not wallpapers of existing anime characters.

It annoys me if someone claims that they made it or puts their signature on it, otherwise it's fine.

Because yes!

well I don't know if it's considered ripped if it's posted on a different website but I've found one of my works on photobucket and I believe on Flickr.com as well. Sadly there isn't any kind of report system they have there (no click to report button or w/e) you have to mail (not email but literally mail) them to ask them to remove your work which is so much hassle! They really need a better system >3<

I've heard alot of people getting their work ripped. I though I'd be smarter to prevent it and decided to put a watermark on all my (good) arts now. But I'm not so sure if the expert rippers give up so soon when there's a watermark...

Anyways,some arts I make are specially made to share around the sites, then I don't really mind if they upload the same picture on a different site. But,I can understand why someone would upload a wallpaper,after all,they might want to share a wallpaper with other people so they can actually use the wallpaper. they might not realise they're actually "ripping",but thinking in the way of "Oh,I wanna show this one to my friend!I wanna share it,now!"

Wallpapers are just to be shared,if you don't want to share your wallpapers,then don't upload it in the first place. :/

while that may be true if they wanted to just show it to their friends, there is a "private" account type thing you can do so the public can't see, like even I post up other people's wallpapers on my photobucket account, but it's on non-public account so the people I share it with are just my friends.

Wallpapers are for sharing I agree, but if you want to upload someone else's wallpaper on your website that lets anyone and everyone see it then you should ask permission from the artist first.

Also I guess I forgot to mention that both of these works that are on flickr.com and photobucket just so happen to me *original* art wallpapers, in other words I DREW them myself, therefore I have every right to not want them on somebody else's website.

I don't think I've been ripped off online, at least not yet. Friends of mine have. The closest I came was I made a wallpaper and someone else submitted it when they took a screen shot of their desktop- but they weren't claiming it, they just didn't know who to credit it to. I was just flattered someone liked it enough to use it!

IRL I knew this girl in high school several years ago who used to sneak into my backpack and rip pages out of my sketch book, erase my signature and all the clothes off whoever I was drawing then pass them off as hers prattling off what were usually very smutty background stories to the picture. Drove me batty, especially since you could see the indention marks of where my signature had been. Geh. I know it's been eight years and I really should be over it but I lost some of my favorite pictures that way. Not that they were very good in retrospect- but I was very fond of them.

I use to create forum layouts (skins) for the InvisionFree board service, and I would see lots of my designs ripped and taken by other people without giving rightful credit. I got so annoyed with reporting it that I just kind of gave up on it and lived with it.

Signature
	Imagehttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/2808/minitokyosig.gif

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.