Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ideas for background of scene wallpaper - Minitokyo

Ideas for background of scene wallpaper

page 1 of 1 5 total items

daos

daos

Dark Angel Of Silence

I've been stuck at this for days trying to figure out what else I should add to the background of this wallpaper. I was thinking of having some sort of water near the bottom covering Lucy a bit but I'm not sure. What do you think?
Wallpaper link

I updated the wallpaper and gave it some awkward-looking water. As usual, suggestions are welcome. The same link remains.

melymay

melymay

Abomidable Snow-Woman

Making it a wallpaper with her in water is a good idea. If you plan on doing that, you should add some trees, or some kind of scenery in the background. Just so it doesn't look awkward.

Either that, or make it really foggy scene.

Maholix

Maholix

Professinal Lurker

I'm not sure I get what you want to do with the water. Raise it so she appears to be bathing or something? And I wonder.. what do you intend to do with the mask if that is the case? It may look a bit out of place.

Still, I think water is an interesting idea. It may make the fog appear to be steam, which would give it a whole new concept.

"One must take note of those who do the unusual. The unpopular road is hard, and holds no support for those who travel it. It is a road of courage, one traveled only by those with reason; even if the reason is yet to be seen."

daos

daos

Dark Angel Of Silence

Maholix, I've thought of that concept with the water and the steam. Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time making the water look realistic enough to appear like it's actually surrounding Lucy as part of the background to make her appear to be standing in it.

Maholix

Maholix

Professinal Lurker

<<Edit>> (Was made more readable, good luck with your wall!)

Well I'm not well versed in wall creation, so I can't really help you there. I do hope someone can help you with that though. What I can do is be an objective pair of eyes. And from what I can tell, your problem stems from these things.

Standing in water:

A water line across the body makes the person in question appear to be standing behind the water, unless you can see water around her, especially between gaps in arms, legs, etc.

If you put the water line around her (not allowing it to cross her body) then she will seem as if she's in front of it.

To make it appear like she's standing in it, you'll need to have a line across her like you do now, and then water behind her with a line NOT touching her.

Since she doesn't appear to have any useable gaps untill around her neck, and that would raise the water too high, my suggestion is to add foam to the line in front when it crosses her body. Round the line around her at the edges of when it reaches/leaves her. This foam should suggest movement, and may also help fix your problem. Also lighten up on the ripples in the water. As you have it now, it's more detailed than the rest of the pic, (it looks like 3D on 2D) and throws it off a bit.

A reflection may not be needed, but I'm not sure.

Additional:

I also think if you add some background, like trees or something else indicating a location, like a bath house, it will make the whole thing more believeable. Another part of why the background may look odd is if there is water, there is a reason for the water. Water doesn't just come out of nowhere. It happens in a location. And bathing doesn't take place in a void unless your swimming under the water.

And when I look at it some more, her hand seems odd the way it's coming out of the water.. it may need some more wrist or something to make it appear more natural. On first glance you don't associate it with her arm. It takes you a bit to realize that she has it across her chest.

Anyway, I hope that helps some, and I think your idea is a good one. :)

"One must take note of those who do the unusual. The unpopular road is hard, and holds no support for those who travel it. It is a road of courage, one traveled only by those with reason; even if the reason is yet to be seen."

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.