Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Twilight the movie - Minitokyo

Twilight the movie

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 80 total items

well, twilight just came out to the theaters on friday, and I went to watch it with my friends. I think it was awesome! but maybe me feel like i wasted time actually reading the book since the movie seemed so short. ^_^'

So, if any of you saw the movie, post here about what you thought about the movie.

(p.s. i was surprised there wasn't a thread about the movie yet, and if there is, sorry, i searched but didn't came up)

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

I went to see it, but mainly just to spend time with friends (I've been trying to get work done and haven't had a lot of social time). I accept the choices of the casting, though, for me, "Edward-in-the-book" had short blonde hair, and the 'sparkle' was more around, rather than on, him. Granted, I'm neutral about Twilight, as is one of my male friends who was there, so we spent the time by making light fun of the movie (for example, whispered mutterings of "Eat your face!" every time a character showed up on screen, or variations thereof) along with many, many other things that will most likely become inside jokes/memes. One of the most amusing things about the audience was the screams, squees, and coos of most of the female attendees. Also, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who felt the movie was shorter than the book. From what I remember, though, not a lot really 'happens' in it, and books can be put down, whereas with a non-pausible movie in a public place, it takes a little less time to tell the story. Plus, there's probably a difference between Stephanie Meyer's narration, and the director's, writers', and editors' way of telling the story. All in all, though, I enjoyed the evening/early morning event, and am glad I went with my friends.
Take care,
~"TreaGirl".

*Insert random inspirational message here, please!*
Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10881-6075621.html#

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

*laughs* This film was sooooo unintentionally funny.

My friend and I went to see it yesterday on a whim. What to say, what to say? Without spoiling much, I definitely liked the book better. Robert Pattinson and Jackson Rathbone (when they weren't doing creepy eyes) were nice eye candy. I had issues with Carlisle-- he looked like a Ken doll. (or that was my reaction to the first scene he was in.)

Some of the lines/situations while sweet and romantic in the novel, fell somewhat flat and cheesy on screen. Some made us literally laugh out loud/cringe with the cheesiness.

Finally... THE SPARKLES. Weren't actually as bad as I thought they were going to be. When I read the novel I was picturing more like a situation where Edward got in a fight with a Bedazzler and lost. ;)

It was an okay film, but I probably will just stick to the novel.

Signature Image

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

it will only create more fads and trouble will lurk for people in this lifestyle and people wanting to be part of this/that lifestyle...I didn't like the book and I probably won't bother with the movie...sorry to the fans but I just don't the whole "greatness" about it...

BuBbLeS!

Signature

I liked the movie and to tell you the truth; I just had to go see it again... (Always does this when I like certain movies!)
At this moment I'm just starting to read the book, and I'm at the first chapt., but to comment on the book itself it's not that bad...

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

yeah but from what I'm hearing from the fans twilight from book to movie was edited and a lot was cut out...but all in all I've learned whatever makes you happy enjoy ^^

BuBbLeS!

Signature

phoenixalcott

phoenixalcott

On hiatus for january :( sorry!!

i used to enjoy the book because i really liked edward but after breaking dawn came out, i despise the whole series. fickle i know, but i cant help it. anyways, the movie wasn't that amazing either. like others stated, there were parts that were hilarious even though they weren't supposed to be funny. especially the scene when edward and bella were in the cafeteria and bella was guessing what he was. i also laughed throughout the meadow scene...i probably shouldnt have ruined it for the audience, but yeah...i dont suggest it. it's more like a comedy than anything else.

Dead in our memories, silent in our hearts...

I saw Twilight on November 22nd. I, of course, read the books first, but to be honest I LOVED the movie...after the movie i went to the movie store and they said it was coming out on dvd on Valentines Day...I ended up putting $5.00 down on it. I so want to see it again!

It did seem short, but usually that's what it seems like when you really get into the movie. They missed a few things but I don't care...they didn't have a lot of money to do it. For New Moon, they're actually going to be going to Italy to film (or so I've heard)

Seems too hyped up IMO.
Book was much better.

NinjaCloud

NinjaCloud

A Child of The Night

I have not read the book series... yet. I went to go see the film at the request of a friend. I found it good enough as a stand alone film.

We've all become God's madmen...all of us.

i don't like it at all

purple2blew

purple2blew

Oneesama.x

The movie was okay, but it cropped scenes and stuff from the book. When I went to watch it with friends who never read the book they had no idea what was going on most of the time... So I suggest that if ya wanna watch the movie and appreciate it in some sense as it was and still is a best seller... READ THE BOOK BEFORE WATCHING THE MOVIE! or just read the book, it's alot better.

I felt bad for laughing at the unintentionally funny moments; I felt like a bad fan. I like Twilight a lot for what it is, but it's far from perfect. I went to go see fluff and I did.

Twilight is fluff and cheesy. It's mild entertaining. The book is far better but also cheesy. I like how the author tells a nice story even though it's flawed. I also think that The Host is her best book. Go read the books it's my advice. The movie is just a nice way to pass your time, but it's not what I would call good. The actors (I'll use the name of the characters, it's easier)...Edward was quite good when his eyes weren't just popping out of his head. Jasper's, Rosalie's and especially Carlisle's makeup - awful. They seemed to like flour a lot. On their faces that is...And that dreadful blonde dye! Gosh, I would have shot the stylist. Bella chocked a bit on her lines. I guess it's the dazzle thing :-) Victoria and Alice were quite beautiful. I didn't notice the chemistry between the protagonists (if there ever was any) and Jacob was cute but WAY underage for my taste (I should be arrested just for saying that)...Forks and the scenery - great! Baseball scene - nice...GREAT soundtrack!
I sometimes smiled...I don't know why people scream, coo etc at it.

i never red the book, but the movie got me hooked onto the series. the movie was a little bit short tho. i hear from my friends that the book goes into alot more detail (of course it might be like this for most bookmovies)

I went to watch Twilight with my boyfriend and other friends a week after it came out and it was awesome! Although it is obvious that the book is way better than the movie, it's better if one doesn't compare the two together... other than that, I'm very impressed with the movie; it actually surprised me! I somewhat, sorta appreciate Robert Pattison as Edward... Taylor Lautner is an excellent Jacob Black; I'm actually glad that Summit didn't decide to replace Taylor for the role of Jacob for New Moon *phew* The other actors and actresses are amazing, especially the Cullens! Baseball and ballet studio scene was great! Can't wait to watch New Moon, even though I didn't enjoy reading New Moon; but we get to see Taylor play his part more! XD

i read the books and they are great, but i think the movie was far from good. it pretty much embarassed the entire series. the actors barely looked ok (too much makeup), but their acting was horrible

i have only watched the movie and its pretty good

Quote by shadowangel4247 I think it was awesome!

*chokes and dies*

I feel like punching the movie in the face. The saving points were the music and the occassional humor. The book, as far as I've read (I had to stop midway due to my allergy to bullshit), was also a load of crap.

Interestingly though, I've taken an interest in Polar Day (figure it out) but realised that Steph writing from a male perspective wasn't phenominal. On the other hand, that was still just a draft.

twilight the movie is nice....
:">

I LOVED IT SO MUCH! <3 It was so good! even if the book is better! but i really liked it!>-<

Aiira

Linguistics

Aiira

SOON..

the movie was a disappointment for me as far as I am concern. I was always excited to watch the movie expecting to be almost as close to the book as possible. Although I was dissappointed when it came to the "real good parts".

I literally just let my friends watched the movie while I eat popcorn and drink coke and go to the washroom and well things. LOL! I was just there, like a statue. I didn't enjoy the movie very much until the end. To where the hunting began. YEAH! I love the part to where Edward played the piano for Bella and when he fought with James. It was just interesting.

The other parts are bit out of the scene. It's like they just placed a random scene over there and here. haha. and I am not such a big fan of Good endings. It's so well common. I want something full of despair :P it's weird as my friends say it but hey!

Anyways let's get back to the movie. Overall my rating is 3.5 out of 5 why?
Well let's just say it came down about 3 notches. The novel was more discriptive and much much more amazing. :]

Anyways I think that is enough. :]

Signature
CHERISH yesterday
DREAM tomorrow
LIVE today

Sorry if you a fan of twilight but i'm part of the Anti-twilight people I think the movie.....Sucked. the first book.......BORING!

Kimi

Love the Twilight film! But me and my mates think they could have choosen someone better for Bella. Love the books too!

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 80 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.