Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Drawing Tips - Minitokyo

This thread is pinned.

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 55 total items

wow is very interesting information, I will continue to see if things work out better>. <
many, thank you very much

Always look at art from artists you admire. Copying their style and art is a good way to help you start out and try new things. Don't be afraid to use their drawings as reference.

Also, what's helped me a lot was looking at tutorials on deviantart.com. If you want to see some of my art, feel free to drop by and look at it--> awitan.deviantart.com

Just spend a lot of time copying, and you'll eventually gain your own style. :)

i used to draw some fanart but it doesn't look like the original
so i gave up and draw my own OC

just draw as you like and how you feel
if you feel its good enough, then that's it

when drawing spikey hair, putting dashes where it spikes on the insides. Gives it a good affect.

i think the best tip is to start out immitating others. some people think its not a good idea to copy but really, thats how you learn. and once youve got the jist of it you cant start incorporating your own style.
meaning, start with fan art 1st, THEN move on to making OCs

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before (if so sorry people! ^_^") but I think the best tip would be to learn from realistic figures.

I believe that in order to draw manga well, we have to learn how to draw proper human figures and know the anatomy first. Afterall wouldn't it be hard to draw a hand without knowing how to draw a realistic hand or how it works? Not to mention its propotions. =)

So combine that with lots of practice!

Because inside everyone is a little artistic muse: http://www.my-cartoon-drawing-guide.com

Yea, LeQueen is correct.

I'd say start off with a decent book (if you're not taking classes). Look into Bridgman's figure drawing books and even Loomis's art books. They give you very good tips. There are MANY books out there that can be had for a few bucks (or via torrents, if you're into that type of thing). But, remember, DO NOT pick up bad habits! You're bound to pick up bad habits if you start off drawing anime styled art. Your best bet is to start up a sketchbook thread at Conceptart.org. The forum is filled with a bunch of pros (many from Massive Black). Do a TON of anatomy studies if you're looking to draw half-decent looking people.

Good luck!

i've been drawing for a long time, and let me tell you (and i know you've probably heard this one too many times, but its true!) practice makes perfect... or at least as close to perfect as it needs to be!

never throw your drawings away if you dont like it. erase the part you dont like and fix it! it saves allot of time and it doesnt ruin your artwork.

start with the head. it helps to scale and is the best starting place.

SerenTakenouchi

SerenTakenouchi

SisterRosette

When i drawing i always start with head first it dont look perfect but im not mad with how it looks after.
If someone over here can drawing better than i would be so happy if he would contact me for what i want him to draw me ^^ or can contact me on Facebook site "Serenity Ten No Megami if he have hes own facebook site :)

try to draw pivot 1st. it's easy to make more poses..

Wow ~ thanks for the tipz! They are awzm.

I'm pleasantly surprised by a good number of the replies here.

I think you should know of the basic techniques like drawing the whole body , prportions, and anatomy that is very helpful when you advance very slowly your way of seeing ur drawings is going to change and the lines you draw will become lighter and will give off a professional impression drawing alot is the very key to becoming good in drawing so you have to persevere and draw a very good bunch of thousands of millions of ... anyways tons of drawings and very steadily your sight is going to be better your drawings alos will

-useful tip nevr throw away any of your drawings so you can see your improvement with your own eyes sometimes it makes you feel hopeless but ... its woth it ^____^

Now draw my friends ! and become good and have me and the rest of the world admire your work ^^

?

Thanks for the tips!

thanks to tip so much :3

if this helps i always start at the nose than the eyrs then the mouth and i work my way down to the body. if you start at the body than the head most likely the head or neck will look off.

hmmm, youtube videos? i was born drawing things well, and studied since I was 5 or 6, im not doing it professionally right now, but currently learning digital painting by myself, " FZDSCHOOL" this guy on youtube is an awesome digi painting tutuor, traditional drawing really cant help. I was born with feelings of pencils and brushes :P

Only The Strong Survive!

vdaymassacre

vdaymassacre

Yaoi Fangirl Elite

Quote by HisakiIts always nice to draw from reference...
its not copying!
If you're drawing people, have someone pose or find a picture with that pose..
if you're drawing landscape... find something similar...
it really helps especially when you're starting out...
also,
always have a light source when you're drawing =)
So you know where the shadow is =D

I completely agree with you!

And always start with a sketch, don't be afraid to commit mistakes at this stage.
Be aware of the figure's anatomy.
Also, don't get frustrated if you can't do it the first time around.
PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT!

Video games and death metal= Pure love.
=================================
Shameless self-promotion XD

THANKS! That's cool!

Yes, that's the greatest of posibilities, to draw sketch first. I always do that, and when i think some of lines on my sketch are ready (some of them are not obviously good), I try to do the simple lineart, as basic of finished art :)
And if you just started to draw, or maybe you cant do lineart yet, SAI pain tool is the best. But you have to be careful, because full version of this program is really hard to find.
And imo, background is the hardest part of all drawing I think. D<

The main thing is to have fun, and not feel disappointed when you make mistakes, just take them as learning steps... Specially since it's your hobby. It's good to sketch your drawings... If you want, you can do quick sketches of volumes (like that circle with a "cross" for the head), of the whole body or the part you want to draw. Oh and don't complicate yourself with all those extremely detailed tutorials you find in the internet and in some manga magazines... just sketch softly what you feel like, and then pass your pencil over the lines. It's good practice, and with an HB for sketch and 2B for lines should be enough. 4b and above make the drawing dirty if you haven't used them before. Hope this helped you a

otemoto-dansei-ningen

otemoto-dansei-ningen

your friendly Script Kittie

When drawing, always make a goop grip of your drawing material, plus good combination of hardness of stroke and smooth hand movements.

I desperately need 50 megabytes of signature content right here, though I can only make less than 200 bytes of it.

thanks for these tips

riyusen

riyusen

Riyusen..

hehe i think the only tip i could share is " be original" :) dont compare your artworks to others because it will not make you any better..

"what you see is not what you always get., ..Signature Image

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 55 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.