Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Drawing Tips - Minitokyo

This thread is pinned.

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 55 total items

otemoto-dansei-ningen

otemoto-dansei-ningen

your friendly Script Kittie

Quote by riyusenhehe i think the only tip i could share is " be original" :) dont compare your artworks to others because it will not make you any better..

Or maybe you could get some inspiration from other artworks. But yeah, stealing anyone's idea is a no-no.

I desperately need 50 megabytes of signature content right here, though I can only make less than 200 bytes of it.

Tsunoh

Tsunoh

runs with cookies

People learn from copying, but there is a line between referencing and plagiarism. Copy studies are for your personal viewing, if you want to display them you must always give due credit and link the source if possible. Even then some people frown on those who upload copied art so it's better to keep it to yourself.

After you have learned from the images you've been studying though, draw something on your own.

As for books, Loomis is a very good starting point. You can also search for videos of how people draw on YouTube, as some things are much easier to understand when you watch it done step by step.

riyusen

riyusen

Riyusen..

try looking at other peoples drawing, you dont have to learn their strokes but the way they put the scene together.. that way you would develop your own drawing style.. whwn i started drawing, i just look at the pic for a couple of minutes then put it on my head, that way i can edit it and make it much nicer! gambatte ne~

"what you see is not what you always get., ..Signature Image

For beginning art students there are two helpful methods to assist in learning how to properly render a subject.

gesture drawing: There is really no consideration given to any lack of realism when engaged in rendering a gesture drawing. To do a gesture drawing one must look at the subject, perhaps a live model, and rapidly draw lines in an expressive manner in order to achieve its "look and feel. Again, little importance is placed on accuracy but instead on fluid expressive movements of the hand with the writing instrument or crayon. As the student views the subject, they continually look back and forth between the image that they are creating and the subject matter. The object of this exercises is to train the budding artist to create the sense of life and/or movement in their work, learning to do so without consciously thinking about that goal as they progress as a graphic/visual artist.

contour drawing; This exercises is designed to allow the student to once again focus on the positive aspects of the correct execution of the assignment and not so much the visual outcome of the drawing. It is very important that the pupil remember to keep the writing/drawing instrument on the surface of the paper or electronic media screen and only focus their gaze directly upon the subject. The visual focus being the very edge of the subject matter, the student traces the outline of only the model, and as their attention is affixed to it they circumscribe its entire contour. It is best to limit these sessions to less than thirty minutes so that fatigue is not an issue. Many will find their creations ugly or humorous, which may add to the levity of the class as a whole, but this is, again, simply a ways to a means not a lesson designed to create Louvre quality pieces or art.

Our aspiring visual art scholars should complete these two exercises over a period of three months or more, having practiced in and after class for no less than six combined hours per week and a combined exercises time of no less than fifty to sixty hours. After this is accomplished the student will be ready to attempt more accurate representations of still life, skeletal, and figure drawing exercises where more emphasis shifts to realism and the play of dark and light to give the subject matter the illusion of depth and texture.

Redwyn

Redwyn

#SJW apparently

I very much agree with the above statement and would like to add

~gesture drawing is a great way to warm up before we really get down to business. You also can do doodling or sketching. Warm up does make a difference

~use photo or real life references instead of already stylised character design to learn anatomy. I know it's easier to copy other artist's existing drawings but bear in mind that most sylised characters are anatomically incorrect so obviously this is not the best way to learn anatomy. After you got the hang of the fundamental, then you can proceed with designing characters that is uniquely your own style.

#likethat'sabadthinglol

^ That was well said, Redwyn.

A very wise and aging Fine Arts professor once explained, that when one is drawing a particular thing, be it a still life, a sketch from a photo, or a live model, and the results aren't what you desire, something seemingly miraculous happens in the brain after the fifth attempt. This particularly applies to already skilled artists, yet almost anyone will notice that this fact is true. Somehow, one's mind and hand finally begin to work in synch and the visual cortex helps to guide the hand in order to produce a most remarkable recreation of even the most challenging image rendering attempts. This, of course, takes complete focus and the ability to disregard outside distractions. Try it for yourself.

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 55 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.