Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Quarantine and Future Submission Questions - Minitokyo

Quarantine and Future Submission Questions

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

valiantzero

valiantzero

The Local Tekkaman

Hi,

This is partially a repost of a PM I sent to a mod (with some additional questions), but I haven't heard back from in about a week. Specifically, I had these scans quarantined for the characters in the scans being too small:
1.) Tekkaman Blade DVD Collection 1 - Tekkaman Blade - DVD Collection One by valiantzero
2.) Tekkaman Blade DVD Collection 2 - Tekkaman Blade - DVD Collection Two by valiantzero
3.) Tekkaman Blade DVD Collection 3 - Tekkaman Blade - DVD Collection Three by valiantzero
I have increased the size of the scans (from 300dpi to 600dpi), in which they should be large enough now. Should I go through a brand new process of resubmission or is there a way that I can just simply change the quality of the existing images to get them removed from quarantined?

I've got some additional 40 Tekkaman scans I'm planning on submitting. However, I've doctored some of them up using Photoshop to remove some of the grains and increase the contrast. Is that okay or is the preference to leave the scans essentially the same?

One of the scans I'm planning on submitting is a 'better' quality version (2797x2801 pixels) in terms of resolution, but has a bit more text. The original version is here and has a resolution of 1,200x1,180 pixels. Should I do anything different for the new submission?

I also have one last question. I submitted my original scans (no third party) for Tekkaman Blade II (such as this one) both here and at AnimePaper.net. My original understanding was that it was okay since it was my personal scans (and not third-party), but after re-going over the rules I'm having my doubts and I'd rather be upfront that I might have made a mistake. Are they okay? Or do they have to be deleted here or there? My preference would be for Minitokyo to have access to the Tekkaman scans if I have to choose, but I'd like both communities to enjoy my Tekkaman scans. What are my options? Can I leave them or should I go over to AnimePaper.net and delete them (my personal two preferences, but I'll be fine with whatever you guys alternatively decide)?

Many thanks! :)
ValiantZero (TekkaZeroX on AnimePaper.net)

TekkaZeroX (on AnimePaper.net)

Cheza1982

Scanner

Cheza1982

I'm now only speaking as a mod of Animepaper.net cause you asked about it.

I'm not sure why you ask such questions here cause MT and AP are different forums but I answer that for you: Your scans on Animepaper can stay. They were accepted by a member of the staff so nothing is wrong with them.

As for submitting your scans here you need to hear the opinion of a mod from MT.

valiantzero

valiantzero

The Local Tekkaman

Thanks!

Actually, that's just it. It seemed I was fine with you folks over at AnimePaper.net, but I am unsure if the rules at Minitokyo prohibited submitting one's scans (not third-party) at both Minitokyo.net and Animepaper.net. I have a lot of Tekkaman scans (and Lunar too) that I'd like to share with the communities, so I want to follow the rules as best I can and would rather have two comprehensive site(s) listing them to make Tekkaman more visible. It's a darn shame the original series is not more popular as the American/UK version came out just as anime was getting more popular in the West. I personally care less about double-dipping on Credits or Paper, as I have more than enough at both to last me for awhile. Quite frankly I think I'm "better" to submit over at AnimePaper.net (if Paper and Credits were the concern) since Paper is needed everytime to download scans compared to credits (which I currently get 5 free a day that I can burn towards the same thing at Minitokyo).

However, I'll be happy to follow any guidelines you folks at AnimePaper.net or Minitokyo.net prescribe for me as you guys/gals run the site(s) and decide the rule(s). :)

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

If they're your scans, then it's fine that you submit them both here and at AP if you have accounts both here and there.

The rules about "no submitting scans you found on AP" only applies when people post other people's scans that they found at AP.

valiantzero

valiantzero

The Local Tekkaman

Many thanks to both of you!

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.