Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Dragon Ball Z Live Action US Movie - Minitokyo

Dragon Ball Z Live Action US Movie

How do you feel about the new movie?

I can't wait to watch it!
2 votes
I love it!
2 votes
Its horrible!
26 votes
Don't really care much about it...
7 votes
no comment
9 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 49 total items

ScarXHeart

ScarXHeart

Make the best memories in life

(If you are a die hardcore fan of Dragon ball, plz don't get offended, my opinion ok)

I have seen previews/trailers of the Dragon Ball Z live action us movie. And well, I just want to see your opinions on what you think about it.
Me...? Personally I just thought it was just a waste of money, whoevers idea it was. It's just that I was surprised at how weird the chosen actors just has no similarity at all from the anime characters. I'm not gonna judge too much about the whole movie because I haven't seen it yet (its not even out yet), but the way I saw how the characters looked...... It was (well kinda awful). You just have to see it yourself, youtube it or something. You'll see what I'm talking about, but there's a lot of the trailers and don't get mixed up with the ones that are homemade.
But what ever you opinion is I'll respect that. I really don't care much about DBZ and I liked the watching the anime; it was a long series and cool. But I just want to know your opinion.

Tifa-chan

Tifa-chan

Lockheart

I've already seen a lot of photos and trailers of DBZ movie
I kind think like you... I didn't liked very much. Like you said, the actors don't even looks like the characters of the anime
Well, I know that I won't watch it o_o

Signature

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I hate to be mean but it's being called db for now, mostly because it's taking the ending of db and then starting with the first of z...this was funimations master plan all along to team up with fox to break the series down into two movies I wonder if they will carry on and make another one...

BuBbLeS!

Signature

It reeks of fail.
But I still gonna watch it....

Kazenonatsu

Kazenonatsu

Day Dreamer

That would be funny if it was considered a "success" in the box offices just because everyone went to see even though they thought it was going to be awful.

I'm going to go see it too, hoping that it will be better than it looks right now.

A moment bound in eternity.

this people itas destroy DB anime. it

melymay

melymay

Abomidable Snow-Woman

I think it's crazy that people even considered doing it. They must've gotten some kind of public feedback. Dragon Ball isn't something that you can turn into a movie. CG-ed, sure - but in real life, oh man o_O

I HATED THE VERY IDEA & IT LOOKS SO DUMB

Signature

Alden

Alden

Lose the Pride.

Wait a darn minute! When did this happen?

I must have been out of the loop. Yep I was. I thought the movie was just a rumor.

Click ----> Japanese Lover! ^_^

Looking forward to the movie actually. Hope it won't be spoiled.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

alden it was a rumor for many years and a joke to a point on the funimation site, but it's official they are planning on making two movies, the last of db and the first of z, and then the second will be the other half of z IF this one does fine, but with fox doing it like funimation stated that they would then chances are there will be more...

BuBbLeS!

Signature

TessaLover12

TessaLover12

MT is My Home!

I've never seen a trailer or preview for it, and personally I don't plan on going on youtube and looking it up. I'm just going to wait and see if it appears in a movie preview somewhere down the line, if not, (which I'm sure it'll pop up somewhere) than I'll see if it's worth watching. I'd probably go see it in theatres, I'm a pretty big fan.

R.I.P. The King of the Ring Eddie Guerrero, and The King of Pop Michael Jackson
Signature Image
Courtesy of soujiokita

I want to see it cause I know its going to be reallly bad. I seen the trailer and it made me laugh cause of how bad it was and how america could take something I love and ruin it. How can I waste my money and go see it after what I just said you ask? just cause its dragon ball. I know dumb but I still want to see it.

i heard that dragon ball the movie is launch is april 2009
was it true?
sorry my english is so horrible T__T

i was hoping one day they would make a live action Dragon Ball Z movie but this movie isnt it. I personally think its going to suck. I have seen a trailer for it and i have no high hopes at all. I am going to spare my anger and just avoid that movie 100%

I'm not going to lie, I'm excited.

merged: 02-03-2009 ~ 04:49pm
I'm not going to lie, I'm excited.

Steffi1690

Moderator, Scanner

Steffi1690

~Living in my Dreamworld~

They made Piccolo WHITE! WHITE! He is GREEn and NOT WHITE!What a (sorry) fuck damn joke is that, PLEASE?!

GenAJ-SD1

GenAJ-SD1

The flame that ignites passion

they aren't going to do the movie justice i dont think..
i think they should have started in dragonball z instead of dragonball
i don't think they'll make enough money to make another movie

I loved Dragonball Z... and I am going to avoid this movie like the plague. It is going to be horrible.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."
http://my.gpxpl.us/BloodWolfX

Kazenonatsu

Kazenonatsu

Day Dreamer

I just watched the official preview the other day, it looks alright :/ although i think they could have done better.

BTW France gets the movie like a month b4 the U.S. and Nippon gets it like i think a week and a half after them. The U.S. gets it near the end of the worldwide theatre release schedule...

I really wish they would do as good of a job on these live action film adaptations as they did on like transformers and such. Well i'm hoping for the best.

I always thought that making live action movies from animes and video games was a bad idea. And this is not exception.

Kazenonatsu

Kazenonatsu

Day Dreamer

lol thats because most of the time they don't do that great of a job on them
if it were someone like me making it (if i knew all the tech stuff on directing) I would make some seriously great live action films. One of the things i thought about doing for a job after school was going in to the film industry (probably not going to happen now cause i am in graphic design).

But then again its NOT me making the film =( and the people producing teh film really only want the money, they could care less if such a huge fan base became upset. (but then again from what heard the incredible hulk was in a similiar situation and marvel ended up making a new one themselves that was supposed to be really good, i haven't seen it so i don't know) maybe something similiar will happen?

Well hopefully we'll start getting people making these things that will actually give us something to truly appreciate in the near future...
its not that its impossible to make live action versions of anime and games, its just that they need to get the right people making them; people who know what their making and truly want to give us, the fans, a good experience. Right now they're not doing this: lack of passion+in it for the $$$+bad live action movie...

BlueBeetle

BlueBeetle

The Blue Wonder

I'm kinda both. O_O I'll really just watch it for the heck of it. LOL :D It does look interesting...but they killed PICCOLO!

Signature

I think i might just watch it to get a laugh off it. Its most probably trash.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 49 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.