Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Films With Disappointing Endings (Spoilers) - Minitokyo

Films With Disappointing Endings (Spoilers)

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Have you ever been watching a film that had you on the edge of your seat, only to smack you in the face with an incoherent or ludicrous twist ending? Few things infuriate me more than the wasted potential.

Two films with disappointing endings:

-Perfume: Story of a Murderer: I was attracted at first to the unusual premise, and thoroughly enjoyed the movie's exploration of how human obsession can completely subsume an individual's morality and consume their entire life. The ending, however, was a massive dose of WTF? Just before the main character is about to be executed for his numerous perfumes, he unveils a perfume that causes everyone in the town square to engage in a massive orgy. He walks away unscathed, only to decide that no one will ever love him. He pours his magical perfume over his head, which causes nearby bystanders to devour him alive.

You think I'm kidding.

Unfortunately, I'm not.

- The Village: I know that putting a Shymaylan film on this list is a cheap shot, but I never felt so let down by a film. I was really digging the unique setting, and the idea of an entire village attempting to keep a forest of hostile creatures at bay made for a very tense film. I was exceedingly unimpressed when the ending revealed that, surprise! They actually lived in the modern day, and the entire story was an elaborate ploy created by a collection of adults who wanted to escape the crime and violence of their ordinary lives.

Kazenonatsu

Kazenonatsu

Day Dreamer

Haven't seen the village in full yet, but what you wrote there looks like it might sound somewhat interesting on paper but horrible once it was filmed.

I haven't seen many films like what you discribed but have seen alot with endings that made me depressed while going "wtf? why... just why?" or something to that effect. Two films i can remember like this were The Myst (I think, it was based on a short story by Steven King though) and also Cloverfield. There were a couple others too but can't remember them. Not really dissapointing endings but kinda depressing.

A moment bound in eternity.

Alden

Alden

Lose the Pride.

The Polar Express....

The ending was appropriate but I wanted more closure....

Click ----> Japanese Lover! ^_^

melymay

melymay

Abomidable Snow-Woman

Quote by Alden
The Polar Express....

Really? o_O

One movie that really got me at the end was The Mist. I liked how it realistic the people's reactions were - their desperation was just so horribly real. But the ending really ticked me off T__T

Perfume: Story of a Murderer, sounds really good though, minus the perfume that made everyone eat him.

Kan-tastic

Kan-tastic

Grind.

The Dark Knight.

I mean, come on. The Joker is literally left hanging, Two-Face dies(?) from a fall, and Batman volunteers to take the blame for what Two-Face did...... And the whole "Gotham needs it's White Knight..." speech was utter BS. Gotham needs it's DARK KNIGHT!

I can't stay here with every single hope I had shattered...

phoenixalcott

phoenixalcott

On hiatus for january :( sorry!!

V for Vendetta--how could V just die?!?! that's terrible! >.<

Avatar: i didnt think it was fitting...there awsnt enough closure. too many loose threads, like "where did Zuko's mother go?" or "what happened to Sokka's amazing boomerang/sword (cant remember which one he lost)" so yeah...and then of course, i just didnt feel like that was enough...it seemed so rushed. i wanted them to take more time in the ending to show the happy ending and maybe even the future? i dunno...maybe its just me.

Dead in our memories, silent in our hearts...

I'm actually fairly easy to please as far as endings go. "No Country for Old Men" has a PERFECT ending that pissed people off, but when you think about how the movie begins, it makes sense that it ends in a similar way.

The ending to "I Am Legend" annoyed me because it's so much different than the book's ending. When movies differ from books significantly the endings usually bug me.

Kan-tastic

Kan-tastic

Grind.

@ phoenixalcott:

I thought the whole movie was just....terrible. ^_^'

I can't stay here with every single hope I had shattered...

Schlander

Schlander

The StealthHawk

I thought Claymore grant was a good manga and anime, the ending was disappointing and confusing.

Life is just the act of progressing, if you don't advance you don't live.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I'm going with 30 days of night...the whole movie was a bore fest, everyone raved and thought it was the best vamp movie ever and I only sat threw it hoping that it would get better and cheered when it was over...

BuBbLeS!

Signature

30 days of night, trash

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.