Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 which?waller round 7 begins! - Minitokyo

which?waller round 7 begins!

Group announcement by The-Planning-Board

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Which?Waller, the Minitokyo guessing game, has started Round 7!
The theme is "Borrow a Vector". There are 3 basic requirements:
1. All the main characters in the wallpaper must be vectors.
2. The vectored characters must come from the MT vector gallery.
3. The vectored characters have to be made my someone else (so you can't use your own vectors).
When picking a vector please choose one where the artist allows it to be reused. They normally will say something like "please credit if used" on them.
The walling stage will last until January 23rd 2009.
The guessing stage will be from January 24th to February 1st.
For all details on this round and its theme, please read the update at:
http://sites.google.com/site/mt-whichwaller/updates/round7begins
Myrrhlynn is coordinating all the details for this round, so please PM any direct comments and questions (and later, submissions and guesses) to her.

Use this thread to discuss!

Alright! This is going to be interesting, especially since we're going to have to concentrate on the backgrounds and design of the walls. XD

Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Whoa, it's back! Though I'm not familiar with using someone else's vectors, I'll try my best to wall something for this round. :D

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

haha, that's interesting... so no theme whatsoever? XD

MyrrhLynn

MyrrhLynn

Bishounen Fangirl

Well the theme is "use someone else's vector". >_> Other then that it can feature any character really with any type of background. You could make a Christmas wall if you really wanted to. XD

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

Quote by MyrrhLynnWell the theme is "use someone else's vector". >_> Other then that it can feature any character really with any type of background. You could make a Christmas wall if you really wanted to. XD

Yeah, but since the guessing starts after Christmas, it'd be kinda late by the time people see it XD

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Early Valentines Day wall, perhaps?

Maybe the theme is 'There must be some way to confuzzle Maple so she stops owning w?w every single round...'
Or is that a bit too long? Either way, I'm glad it's back.

@Tama-Neko - So, you finally have a chance to participate in both guessing and walling? XD

Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

Quote by PiccolobearMaybe the theme is 'There must be some way to confuzzle Maple so she stops owning w?w every single round...'
Or is that a bit too long? Either way, I'm glad it's back.

Lol! Hey, I didn't win last round, Gaara guessed better than me last round XD

But I'll gladly accept the challenge XD

sailorchiron

sailorchiron

Memories of Eliteness

Can we modify the vector? Like, smudge it, change the colors, etc?

Ripping walls? You're headed to Banned-ville.
Signature Image

MyrrhLynn

MyrrhLynn

Bishounen Fangirl

Hahah, oh right. The secondary theme is: Let's make guessing as hard as possible so Maple has a hard time. At least this time you won't be able to win by saying "oh it seemed like your vectoring style". XD :P

And yes you can modify the vector by appling patterns, textures, smudge, etc. Just as long as it is still recognizable if I were to go and lookup the original vector.

Also, if you want to have people/characters/things in the background (in the far distance) they don't have to come from the vector gallery.

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

question: does it have to be a vector from the MT gallery? Like for example, someone submitted a wallpaper, and linked to the vector used in the wallpaper submitted somewhere else (on their own site, or to imageshack or something), are we allowed to use those? Or does the vector have to be submitted to MT as a vector?

MyrrhLynn

MyrrhLynn

Bishounen Fangirl

Oh, that's a good question. :o

If it's not in the vector gallery but they linked to the vector in their wall description (and said it was free to be used) then you can still use it. If that happens though please include a link to the wallpaper description when you PM me your submission. Basically I just need a way to verify that the vector was made by someone else. ^^

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

oh, I just realised something, since we can't use our own vectors, it might make guessing easier. Like for example, someone uses my vector, you can rule out it's my wall XD

MyrrhLynn

MyrrhLynn

Bishounen Fangirl

Well that's their fault for choosing to use your vector. :P I mean you could also be dumb and fav/comment on the vector and then use it. Although that might be so obvious that someone would doubt if it is yours or not. This round is all about being sneaky and trying to confuse people with the vector you choose. >:D

vitaamin

vitaamin

DUKE 2010 NCAA CHAMPS!

oh yay! the first time i've been around to see this contest i cant wait to see the results and maybe guess :3

Signature Image
vector-wallers tag-licious

MyrrhLynn

MyrrhLynn

Bishounen Fangirl

Okay I realize that like 98% of the vectors are down right now with MT being rebuilt, so if you didn't save them beforehand you are in big trouble right now. So I'm going to change the rules (and update the google site) so that you can basically use a vector from anywhere as long as you can prove you didn't make it and the artist gives permission.

merged: 01-22-2009 ~ 11:48pm
One more random post! XD You can enter walls until Jan 23rd Central Standard Time, because I'm lazy and that's my timezone so I don't have to do any time zone math. So there's still time to get some entries in!

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.