Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Favorite Animes and Mangas That No One Has Ever Heard Of - Minitokyo

Favorite Animes and Mangas That No One Has Ever Heard Of

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 48 total items

Whether the manga is short, a one-shot, or simply obscure, I'm sure that everyone has encountered and enjoyed a manga that very few people have read. Bring publicity to them here!

Kazan. Loved the novels but it doesn't seem too popular/well-known. In terms of anime series there's alot...especially in the past. Two of the first animes I'd seen were Tattoon Master and Kotetsu. I liked them both but both only had 2 eps and no more came out even though they were obviously unfinished. Can't think of any recent examples but I know there are some.

Signature

Signature done by:elizabeth-san

anime- kimikiss pure rouge
i dont think its too pupular at all but i enjoyed it, it was simple yet entertaining

Alistare

Alistare

Stand Alone Complex

Mangas:

Doll, I found volume 1 in hard back edition at a bookstore it's from Tokyo Pop. All the stories try to analize the question on what it means to be human.

Dolis, it's just a wickedly beautiful romantic tradgedy set in one volume, also from Tokyo Pop. How far would you go for love?

Animes:

Princess Rouge Legend of the Last Laberinth. Anime Works put it out and as far as I know the volume 1 DVD I have is the only volume in the series. I also found an original subbed copy all in japanese on VHS tape at a garage sale.

Dead Leaves, it's only about 45 minutes long its a short film put out by Manga Entertainment. It's one of the most uniqe and funny animes I've seen in awhile. Lots of action and lewd behavior as well. I'd love to see a full series for this one.

I like to disturb the harmony of the pond by throwing a handful of pebbles in all at once. ~ Me
There are so many fragile things, after all. People break so easily. So do dreams and hearts. ~ Neil GaimanSignature Image

Quote by AlistareMangas:

Doll, I found volume 1 in hard back edition at a bookstore it's from Tokyo Pop. All the stories try to analize the question on what it means to be human.

Dolis, it's just a wickedly beautiful romantic tradgedy set in one volume, also from Tokyo Pop. How far would you go for love?

Animes:

Princess Rouge Legend of the Last Laberinth. Anime Works put it out and as far as I know the volume 1 DVD I have is the only volume in the series. I also found an original subbed copy all in japanese on VHS tape at a garage sale.

Dead Leaves, it's only about 45 minutes long its a short film put out by Manga Entertainment. It's one of the most uniqe and funny animes I've seen in awhile. Lots of action and lewd behavior as well. I'd love to see a full series for this one.

DEAD LEAVES MAN! yeah, that was awesome and Ive never met anyone else who has seen it. MPD psycho is a good manga that I dont hear much talk about.

the manga monster soul by hiro mashima if anyone havnt heard of it

Skip Beat is just the BEST MANGA EVER!

kuryuki

Linguistics

kuryuki

(づ´ ³`)づ

time of eve

=O i LUV skip beat! i think lots ppl kno it though

---Hiatus till May......Finals too stressful...
Deviant Art // Pixiv // Tumblr // Twitter // Instagram

Commenting on my own thread, I just saw an anime movie that is easily one of the best films I have seen in a year, and which I don't think has gotten nearly enough critical attention.

Vexille exists in the same vein as both Ghost in the Shell and Appleseed (both classics of the genre) in that it questions the meaning of human existence in a world in which the organic is becoming increasingly conflated with the machine. I found it to be more realistic than either of its contemporaries, however; I was spellbound by how creative and PLAUSIBLE the setting and story of Vexille was. I strongly urge everyone to check it out!

Meu Anime favorito

sweet lollipop....i love it?!?

nostyle118

nostyle118

Invincible under the sun

vexille? from what I read in WIKIPEDIA [citation needed] it sounds good. thanks a lot for this recommendation ... going to check it out.

hm ... I would suggest REAL by Takehiko Inoue. it's a drama regarding wheelchair basketball and is quite good, even if I managed to put 70% forum readers to sleep with the premise of it.

"Heaven above, Hell below."

gokuraku seishun hocket-bu comedy manga

Faeries Landing is an awesome manga, oh and skip beat too.

I really like Qwan, but I can't find anything past the first four volumes. :(

Skip Beat is actually a really popular manga. It's even an anime series now. Ahaha. Can we include manhwa? (Korean manga tho i think i spelled that wrong).
Because Hot Blooded Woman's really good. So is H2O, Zero, and others.

But for just japanese anime, I think that most of then are popular so far. Kodomo No Omocha (pretty old manga but hilarious) was really good.

merged: 02-07-2009 ~ 03:26am
Skip Beat is actually a really popular manga. It's even an anime series now. Ahaha. Can we include manhwa? (Korean manga tho i think i spelled that wrong).
Because Hot Blooded Woman's really good. So is H2O, Zero, and others.

But for just japanese anime, I think that most of then are popular so far. Kodomo No Omocha (pretty old manga but hilarious) was really good.

Faries Landing...though it's a manhua.

pandemonium4146

pandemonium4146

Will Pelt You With Pebbles

Anime: Earl and Fairy. Although, it gets kind of... ew... at the end. It was still fairly well animated at the first, but it kind of got sloppy as it went on.

"It's like... it's like... unbelievable."
- I stutter in disbelief. >.>

HaruxKira

IAD

Ever heard of Fooly Cooly? didn't think so. sooo hard to find abut pretty good... it's freakishly hard to follow though so if you're not one for brain hurting anime never mind.

So Cute 'Signature Image'

Sazae-san?

Hum...There is "Darker Than Black", which is interesting, but I dont know if its really unknown. At least, I never personally met someone else who have heard of it.

Quote by Sammyjojo6Skip Beat is just the BEST MANGA EVER!

cannot agree more! although now they have made an anime version of this and I think its just not as good~

mahoujin guru guru....

xx-ataraxia

xx-ataraxia

Neuko Nougami

Although there was an anime for it, I still feel it isn't as widely known as it should be: Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro. Of course, the anime is actually pretty bad, but hey, if it interests you enough to get you to read the manga, it's worth it.

Switch, a manga by Naked Ape is also borderline obscure: there is only a 2 episode (I need confirmation for this) OVA for it, as far as I know. It isn't a fantastic series, but I'd recommend it if you have nothing better to read. I believe you can find it on mangafox.com, if you're interested.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 48 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.