Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Favorite Animes and Mangas That No One Has Ever Heard Of - Minitokyo

Favorite Animes and Mangas That No One Has Ever Heard Of

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 48 total items

For manga, Cafe Kichijouji de is the one, and it's so short (sadly). Most of the anime I watch are recommended by others, so I guess they are pretty popular. So far the only one that I've watched with the least recognition is Minami-ke (Love the Hosaka moments!).

MiMi

MiMi

~*Luka Megurine*~

Itazura na Kiss! <3 (it's an anime of last year)
The anime shojo was very original, and funny, it can put put u in shojo mood even since the first episode! It's something all girls must watch if you like romantic and comedy series...
And the fact of a genius being handsome (without the typical glasses XD ) it's something nice to watch! ;)

Signature Image
Owner of: cafe-tb vocaloid2 hetalia-axis-powers sunrise-fans //join - celestial-luminessewings-lovers anime-fans-united

>> Mangas: Well, I know that "Candy Candy" is rather popular and even "Lady Georgie" seems to be gaining a little attention among non-Europeans. However, I seem to be the only one who really knows and enjoys Yumiko Igarashi's OTHER old work, especially Mayme Angel, Croque-Pockle and Tim Tim Circus. O_O

>> Animes: I seriously love "Damekko Doubutsu" (which is just hilarious beyond words), "The Irresponsible Captain Tylor" and "Excel Saga" as well as a great deal of old animes (for example "Robin Hood no Daibouken", "Ganbare! Kickers", "Wakakusa Monogatari Nan to Jou Sensei") which used to be quite popular here in Germany when I was a kid; sadly no one seems interested in them anymore and they also seem to be rather unknown overseas as well. (If I'm mistaken, please let me know at once. *lol*
;) )

"So you're saying you had to bargain terms with a kid...and you LOST?!" - Phoenix Wright

Ahh..I saw Itazura na Kiss too! I really liked it. :)
I wanted to add it to my watchlist on MT, but they don't even have it listed. :(

mick-klaassen

mick-klaassen

boredom is imminent to strike

let me see a anime/manga not to many has heard of and i like uhmm...
Ikkitousen

why?

Monochrome Factor!
They only have what 5 volumes out right now. It is totally awesome. Now if only I could find pics from it....I think it has an anime too....

Night Exile. There was ONE sight that had a couple scanlations for it and no matter how I harass tokyopop they still won't get off their butts and license it. Very Frustrating. And the Violinist of Hameln, though I think that's more a cult classic than really unknown...

Can't lose you is a short and sweet manga but not too popular.

Saint Tail, Faeries Landing.

library war
earl and fairy
kuroshijitsu (spelling?)

manga
--------------
renai catalogue (love catalogue)
godhand teru
twinkle stars like singing a star -- i bet none of you heard it. it's a new manga from the author of "fruit basket"

merged: 04-03-2009 ~ 03:40pm
(continuation for manga)
cutie^n
daa daa daa + shin daa daa daa

Ever heard of Naruto?

Joking.

That's like the most overrated series ever heard of.

How bout' charisma doll?

@xx-ataraxia - Fellow Nougami Neuro fan~~ *high five!*

Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro (its funny, scary and genius <3 Waaay underrated, imo.)
My Heavenly Hockey Club (so funny)
Tegami Bachi (just started, its pretty cool)
Zatch Bell (slightly more common i think, its so hilarious and a good read)

Suxinn

Suxinn

Greatest of all Clocks

Oh gosh, do I have a lot.

Desert of Stars (manga)
Sketchbook (manga)
Superior (manga), though this really isn't that unknown, just felt like I should include it because it definitely deserves more popularity. x3
Acony (manga)
Luno (manga)
Mirai no Kioku (manga)
Kaze no Yukue (manga)
Kimi no Kakera (manga)
Historie (manga)
Cesare (manga)
Vinland Saga (manga)
Psyren (manga) -- not sure if this is really unknown though.
Mirai Nikki (manga) -- not sure if this is really unknown either, but even if it isn't, it deserves more fans
Hana to Akuma (manga) -- not sure if this is unknown either
Crystal Blaze (anime) -- even if this really isn't that unknown, I bet most people didn't watch it till the end, when it got good
Kino no Tabi (anime) -- if comparing its popularity relative to its amazing awesomeness, this anime is very underrated
Law of Ueki (anime/manga) -- again, I bet most people didn't watch/read it till the end
Baccano! (anime) -- deserves more popularity, even if it isn't that unknown
Yume Tsukai (anime)
Clover (manga)
Liar Game (manga) -- not sure about popularity, but more people should read it anyhow
Kurosagi (manga)
Bartender (manga)
Beyond the Beyond (manga) -- not sure about popularity either
Fun Fun Factory (manga)
Kokoro Kikai (manga)
Yumekui Kenbun (manga) -- not sure about popularity either
Alive! (manga) -- the old one by Takahashi Tsutomu
Blue Heaven (manga)
Tenka Musou (manga)
Ares (manga)
Dragon Eye (manga) -- again, not sure about popularity
King of Bandits: Jing (anime) -- ditto the above
Ga-Rei (manga) -- again, ditto the above

ChiekoKawabe

ChiekoKawabe

Music, music, I love K-Pop!!

Kagen no Tsuki! Gokinjo Monogatari! 24 Colors -Hatsukoi no Palette-!

Erm...
Hello Baby! (This is a real manga, I swear!)

RadicalDreamers

RadicalDreamers

Sleeping Dreamers

For manga I would say :
Usagi Drop
Shin Angyo Onshi
Aria

Anime :
Kino no Tabi
Cromartie High School
Aria

Anime and Manga - Bokura ga Ita

Signature Image
anime-fans-unitedtag-liciousanti-spammersuserpageskindesigns
Tagging: Visual novels, Gintama

LZC

LZC

Mass of Contradictions

Something back from really long ago:

YAT Anshin! Uchuu Ryouko

It was a 2 season show (~ 50 + 25 episodes) back in the time when jap animation was getting warmed up (hmm, there was also Nadia-The Secret of Blue Water, and I recall some sort of animal-based Around The World in 80 Days). Although the start of the series had the troop of characters hopping randomly all over the galaxy on their job as some down-and-out space tourist travel agency, after a while, there's a sort of storyline fleshing itself out, inclusive but not limited to space-time-limbo-dimensions, warp gate travel, misunderstood parents (some of who are no longer around to explain themselves), parallel humans with advanced abilities and technology...

Actually, this series stuck itself in my mind because I knew there was a second season, which I wanted to watch, but the local dubbing company decided to stop with only the first season. I think there's some Phillipines media company subbing the second season, but I can't find even more than 1 episode of that around *sigh*

---

For manga, there's a rather interesting gender-bender one titled "Kakumei no Hi" (The Day of Revolution). Some bells might ring if I add the tagline that it's by the same author for "Princess Princess"! :)

Manga :
- Pretty Face.. Is this popular? I dunno.. Its a silly manga comedy with a lil ecchi inside. But great detail artwork.
- The flower of the Deep Sleep by Yuana Kazumi.. Just love it :p
Anime :
- Trouble chocolate maybe. I don't know if somebody talk about it in here..

FrostyWolf359

FrostyWolf359

Fire is fr33....

Manga:
Red Eyes.... its really good. Its a millitary / armoured suit manga that follows one soldier and shows the reality of war.

Anime:
Blue Gender
Dual : Parallel Trouble Adventure (really funny and good in its own way, kindof a rip off of evangelion)
Innocent Venus
Sentou Yousei Yukikaze
The Third: Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo

Everything rotates anti-clockwise except clocks and Venus.

Miriam, Yoroshiku Master that's all i could think of. really

Manga lover...... <3

Hmm.. I know a couple that I don't think alot of people know about? Heck, I didn't know about them until I stumbled upon them accidently infact ^^

Bottle Fairy
Gakuen Alice (Alice Academy)
Fairytale
Shakugan no Shana
Full moon wo sagashite
Now and then, here and there
Noir
Murder Princess
Elfen Lied
Arjuna

S'all I can think of right now. Sorry if some of those are popular titles :(

Signature

I think the Creator AIKAWA Saki Make wonderful manga! you can find her on Mangafox.com! She is really good!<3<3<3
>_<

ONE PIECE and BERSERK.
It's my life ambition to see these epic mangha series' concluded.

merged: 04-25-2009 ~ 03:09am
^ Opps, I posted in the wrong forum, sorry! This was meant for the "BEST MANGA YOU'VE EVER READ"

Aventura is a wonderfully detailed fantasy manga by Shin Midorikawa.
And Lagoon Engine Einsatz (originally published in English) by Yukiru Sugisaki is on hiatus (surprise, surprise). This series is connected to the Lagoon Engine series.

There can never have been "nothing,"
for "something" would have to have been there to make it so.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 48 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.