Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Best Animes in Terms of Animation - Minitokyo

Best Animes in Terms of Animation

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Ignoring the aspects of plot and characterization, which animes truly shine in the realm of animation? Inquiring minds want to know! :pacman:

As for myself, in no particular order:

1) RahXephon
2) Code Geass
3) Ergo Proxy
4) Jigoku Shoujo
5) Samurai Champloo

Takeru623

Takeru623

Haruhiist

ef ~A Tale of Memories/Melodies has some of the coolest animation you can ever find. There's also GAINAX's animation experiment FLCL.

vampire knight
code geass
jigoku shoujo
tsubasa chronicle
tenjo tenge
full metel alchemist
shonen omiyoji

merged: 12-31-2008 ~ 07:14pm
vampire knight
code geass
jigoku shoujo
tsubasa chronicle
tenjo tenge
full metel alchemist
shonen omiyoji

Sentou Yousei Yukikaze
Gundam00
Macross Frontier
Ga Rei Zero

Code Geass
Mai Otome
Mai Hime
Final Fantasy Advent Children

Macross Frontier
Kara no Kyoukai
Tsubasa Chronicle Tokyo Revelations

kuryuki

Linguistics

kuryuki

(づ´ ³`)づ

code geass
death note
zetsubou sensei
time of eve

lol i cant remember all there were lots i thought WHOA

---Hiatus till May......Finals too stressful...
Deviant Art // Pixiv // Tumblr // Twitter // Instagram

Trinity Blood - Absolutely loved how they melded the characters who were beautifully drawn with those scenic almost portrait like backgrounds. The CG use in most scenes was done well too. Too bad the series ended poorly in my opinion. So much potential!

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Characters were beautifully drawn and the animation was fluid, the use of CG also added a gloss type of feel to it which helped with the overall presentation in my opinion.

Full Metal Panic! - Beautifully drawn characters/mechs. Action was fast paced but it flowed at a rate that was easy to keep up with.

As a note to others posting in this thread it'd be nice to see some reasons as to why you thought the animation was solid. I know I'm rarely on this forum but it would be nice to see some reasoning behind your choices. I for one am curious to see what interest the members here and what aspects of an animes' animation you all like.

I can't take the animation in anime very seriously anymore. I'm in an animation course and I lost all respect for Japanese anime when I learned how badly they're done. Yes, they're pretty, but overall I find the animation to be terrible.

Anime movies, yes, there is obviously enough money put into it to pay people to draw the frames necessary. As for animes on TV and the like, I find myself to be very disappointed.

at times bleach, fma, and naruto has has some really good scenes but over all normal. One movie that I thought was amazing and one of the most well drawn animes was vampire hunter D: bloodlust. the style and colors blow me away every time I watch it.

Quote by MadnessHeartsI can't take the animation in anime very seriously anymore. I'm in an animation course and I lost all respect for Japanese anime when I learned how badly they're done. Yes, they're pretty, but overall I find the animation to be terrible.

Anime movies, yes, there is obviously enough money put into it to pay people to draw the frames necessary. As for animes on TV and the like, I find myself to be very disappointed.

Could you explain what Japanese animators do wrong? I would be interested in knowing.

One of the best animes according by genre(for me only!)

Romance - Chobits, Vampire Knight/Guilty, Elemental Gelade
Comedy - Chobits, Rozen Maiden
Action - Naruto/Shippuden
Sports - Prince of Tennis
Tragic - School Days, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Signature Image
anime-fans-unitedtag-liciousanti-spammersuserpageskindesigns
Tagging: Visual novels, Gintama

Loved xxxholic. :) Felt they animated that one really well, especially the second season. In my opinion it was better than the manga. ^^; of course, you didn't get the cross overs though.. now that made me sad.

tokyoraider

Net Wanderer

Quote by Ravenwinged

Quote by MadnessHeartsI can't take the animation in anime very seriously anymore. I'm in an animation course and I lost all respect for Japanese anime when I learned how badly they're done. Yes, they're pretty, but overall I find the animation to be terrible.

Could you explain what Japanese animators do wrong? I would be interested in knowing.

Me too, also would like to know, because i think anime tv series or even OVA these days have becomes crappier in terms of animation.

The last anime with good animation in my standard is cowboy bebop, don't know about different genre outside action, some of them are also good somehow.

The best anime for OVA for me is still macross zero, for tv series is cowboy bebop.

For movie fortunately there are still plenty of them out there with good animation. Macross plus is one of my favorite for classic, and this year probably evangelion rebuild 01

Any anime that is produced from Kyoto Animation has the best quality of anime.

Suxinn

Suxinn

Greatest of all Clocks

How come no one has mentioned Kamichu?
Kamichu's animation is beautiful.
Count of Monte Cristo's animation is pretty sweet too.

The Count of Monte Cristo is really unique and gorgeous in terms of animation. Anything by Miyazaki is equally gorgeous (although in a much different way), a I was also really impressed with the animation from Samurai Champloo and Texhnolyze.

Best in animation right now is probably Xamd
the new Bleach season is very well animated, and many episodes from naruto Spuuden

movies: Girl Who Leapt Through Time, 5cm / second, spirited away
best animated movies without any CG: GITS, AKIRA

other Samurai Champloo, Ergo Proxy, Michiko to Hatchin

merged: 01-10-2009 ~ 10:47am
oh yeah !
forgot TEKKONKINKREET, excellent animation

Everything in this world.
Exists to wear you down.

barux

barux

arise from fallen grace

Gankutsou
Jigoku shoujo

merged: 01-15-2009 ~ 05:18am
Ergo proxy
Ultra violet
Mouryou no Hana
Gankutsou
Jigoku shoujo
Naruto

ASH-Hikari

ASH-Hikari

I miss you MT <3

Why are people mentioning Vampire Knight? I like the series but, at times the animation was hard on the eyes. Even in the opening sequence it was incredibly choppy and inconsistent...just wondering why people are mentioning it.
I myself would say, of course, Clannad, Kanon, and Air, if you can also handle the big-eyed moe look. But I find the animation to be beautiful. Ef also had beautiful animation as well as unconventional and interesting storytelling methods. And True Tears! It was also visually stunning.
Moving away from the romance genre, I'd say Code Geass, Fullmetal Alchemist, maybe Gundam Seed Destiny...Naruto, at times has had good animation but it's so inconsistent that I won't include it. Hm....Haruhi, Kannagi, maybe Sola. Of course these are only from the animes I've seen. And most of the ones considered to have great animation, I probably haven't seen.
I've heard Kara no Kyoukai has exceptional animation.

Signature

I think gundam 00's animation is quite good.

O_o i don't know.. XD it depends... Z gundam was very goog for its time.. But now... XD i think maybe lucky star, heroic age, gankutsuo, maybe jigoku shoujo, akira... O_o
and some gundam series...

I would choose D.Gray-man and Soul Eater..XD

don't know if it's the best, but I really enjoyed the Cowboy Beebop animation

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.