Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 idolmaster vector - need feedback and advice - Minitokyo

idolmaster vector - need feedback and advice

page 1 of 1 5 total items

This is the first vector I've completed, but my second attempt overall at the process. (The first one is stalled right now cause of some detailed parts in the image.) The work was done with Photoshop 7.0.

It's just about finished, but I'm looking for some opinions and advice for the work as it it right now. When I look at it next to the original scan, I think it looks good, but there are a few areas that don't seem quite right to me, mainly the shadowed areas of the character's hands and the highlights in their hair. Also, on the yellow part of their eyes, there is a darker area on the original image, but I haven't found a good way to create such an effect in the vector.

Here's the image: UPDATED
http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq89/Brian-san/th_amimamigradienttest.jpg

Thanks in advance for the comments & help.

vitaamin

vitaamin

DUKE 2010 NCAA CHAMPS!

looks pretty good to me, just use some gradients to get the glowing effect that is in the original if you would really like =]

Signature Image
vector-wallers tag-licious

Thanks, I was thinking I might have chosen something a bit too difficult for one of my first projects. I figured some kind of gradient would be a nice addition to certain areas like the jackets. I used some small gradients in the image to make the reflections on the character's hair pieces. Fortunately since they are spheres I was able to use the default radial gradient in this case. How would I go about making more complex shapes for gradient areas on the jacket? In the original I can see such shading effects that go in many different "directions" for lack of a better term. Is the basic gradient tool/option in photoshop enough to accomplish this, or is there a better way to add the gradients?

kuryuki

Linguistics

kuryuki

(づ´ ³`)づ

i think tis great vector! the color lines are all right w/o any blurs
if ur looking for the original effect\
try duploicating shade layer then gaussian blur at 4
and u should probably put ur sig on
it's rly good for 1st project

if u want more complex gradient i think you should try adding for vector shapes of different colors and then bluring it or just by adding color\ not reaally sure sindce i dont use gradient much

i dont think u need exact same as scan try surpassing it instead

---Hiatus till May......Finals too stressful...
Deviant Art // Pixiv // Tumblr // Twitter // Instagram

Well, I got around to playing with some gradients (pic in original post updated), mostly by manipulating the gradient tool in small selected areas. I think the effect looks really good on the jackets since they were supposed to be shiny/reflective. I also played around with similar effects on the rest of their outfit and hair, the girl on the right has the gradients while the one on the left doesn't. It doesn't seem like the gradient adds a whole lot to these areas when I see them side by side. I think it looks better with out them, or it could be that there is a better way to use the gradient effect.

I think that I can just about call this project finished, so if anyone has more comments/suggestions to add please do.

merged: 01-18-2009 ~ 04:57am
I would like to request that this thread be closed, as I've submitted my final work to the gallery. Thanks.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.