Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Being an otaku, waste of youth? - Minitokyo

Being an otaku, waste of youth?

page 3 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 169 total items

anime, manga ,use up all my money on small figures and more ..... im desperate eventhough im in another country im still desperate...... i cant live without anime visual or art.....
is this otaku or something more sinister..... before im in Malysia but im in UK now and im still desperate for anime..... please help me make sure what i am

^^ You are destined to be an otaku. But make sure you keep up school and life in general.

Don'tcha see the big deck don'tcha see the big chain don'tcha see the big grill wonder who they hatin' on lately its that one dude.

Quote by Ting-kunWell i'm the kind of guy who likes to play videogames, watch anime, think up stories when i'm bored and i absolutely hate going out, don't like any sports, don't like drinking alcoholic stuff and hate dancing and stuff like that, i never had a girlfriend but i would like one that shares my line of thought.

Wait... you are talking about me, right? Because that description is perfectly made to me. O.o

Steffi1690

Moderator, Scanner

Steffi1690

~Living in my Dreamworld~

NO! Why? There are much more things which are really a waste of time....

Well it's always good to have hobbies and stuff, it shows the interests that you have and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Just don't show it off so immaturely I guess.

As an otaku myself (with all the good and bad connotations that implies) I feel I can say I think it is a bit of a waste. I would have loved to be out doing all those active young people things active young people do, but it was easier to just close myself up and watch anime about fictional people having adventures than it was to go out and have my own. I think I've learned a lot about life the universe and everything from my reading/viewing material but I'm also almost paralyzed by being around actual flesh and blood people, and I think that's out of balance.

Quote by thezerosystem I think I've learned a lot about life the universe and everything from my reading/viewing material

Amen to that. I don't think it's a waste of time at all, everyone feels good doing what they like and if that's reading manga then who's to say it's a bad thing? I've read over 40 manga comics so far and I wouldn't trade all the stories I've read for the world. Why go to a pub and get drunk/ waste time when you can become more creative reading or watching an anime? Watching anime shows has helped me learn Japanese and considering that learning this language will help me get a job soon I'm thankful that I'm an otaku.

Sure, my social skills are horrible, but I'll let college take care of that since I constantly interact with people there. Come on people, don't feel bad for liking video games, anime or manga, it's silly.

^^ Silly? Obsessing with anime and video games were silly.

Before video games entered my life, I was a top student with high marks and excellent behavior. I was a model student.

Then I discovered video games. About one day later I became hooked. I played so much that memorizing attack moves was much easier than memorizing my math formulas. My grades dropped and I barely passed high school.

Despite all that bad influence, being an otaku is not a waste of youth because you're just a kid enjoying life. But carry it to adulthood.. become secluded and useless.. no job.. no higher education.. no nothing BUT ANIME/VIDEOGAMES. Then and only then will you become a waste of human space.

Don'tcha see the big deck don'tcha see the big chain don'tcha see the big grill wonder who they hatin' on lately its that one dude.

It's only a waste if you consider it a waste. You can learn a lot of things by being an otaku, just like being something else. Just don't lock yourself from others and get into some martial art or something.

Nope for me
At least don't over do it it's okay I think

ttwen

ttwen

somebody

let's be frank about this. learning doesn't mean experience. expert theoretically in something does not mean you are expert practically too.

anyway, you should realize the consequences of tomorrow for what you are doing today. being a complete waste of youth is not for us to judge, but yourself! or in another words, utilize what you are today, for the better tomorrow. if you can't do that, it's time for a change.

ChiekoKawabe

ChiekoKawabe

Music, music, I love K-Pop!!

Quote by RockandRolla^^ Silly? Obsessing with anime and video games were silly.

Before video games entered my life, I was a top student with high marks and excellent behavior. I was a model student.

Then I discovered video games. About one day later I became hooked. I played so much that memorizing attack moves was much easier than memorizing my math formulas. My grades dropped and I barely passed high school.

Despite all that bad influence, being an otaku is not a waste of youth because you're just a kid enjoying life. But carry it to adulthood.. become secluded and useless.. no job.. no higher education.. no nothing BUT ANIME/VIDEOGAMES. Then and only then will you become a waste of human space.

No, no no no. You've got it ALL wrong. Balancing things would've solved your problems. You can't blame the problems you caused to happen on things like video games. You neglected your studies and so your grades dropped. Let me put it bluntly -- even getting hooked to sports will make your grades drop if you don't study.

Anyway, I'm a hardcore otaku. I read manga DURING class, but ONLY AFTER I completed my work.

i dont think so, coz i am otaku but i do sport everyday, like surfing(internet) lol

Kanji157

Kanji157

Hitsuzen da..

Being an OTAKU is NEVER a waste of time.
Yeah, people may say that we do nothing but play games, watch anime, collect figurines and stuff, stay overnight to wait in line for new releases or for opening of conventions and all... But what they don't realize is that we are still people who contribute to life and society's development. xD
There are many OTAKUs out there that are in many fields of study for the government, research, business, etc.. We are found everywhere and we actually DO our JOB without giving up for we have a motivation. We find the right place and time to do IMPORTANT STUFF before indulging completely to our own world. Besides, you don't become an OTAKU and just cease being one in a blink of an eye. It takes years of lifestyle to be in and out of it. (^_^)

Signature
	Image kono deai wa hitsuzen da...

Why? no i don't think so. If you like to be one, be one. If you don't feel good to be one then don't be one >_<

xxTensaixx

xxTensaixx

Date Clan

you know i'm 23, my parents are botherin me because i'm wastin my money in that, but you know i don't think i'm wasting my time! (but money yes xD)

you are young and you do what you like to do so you are not wasting your youth!

no drinkin,no smokin is great in contrary!

sometimes it will be cool to go out and do something different but f you don't want do as you wish!

of course when you will be an adult you will have to deal with other stuff like go to work and take care of a family but i know a lot of otaku who have a job, a family and they still livin their otaku life!

just don't listen to what people say, they don't understand your interest so they will never understand your feeling!

but sometimes try to do something different, make new relation and all !

color by fadedincolor@livejournal.com

First, look at what others define being a youth is, and you will understand why some people waste no time in saying others are wasting their youth. If they like playing soccer, that group of youth will think other people involved in other activities are wasting their time. If they like reading, they will think doing other things is a waste of time. If they like playing computer games, they will think doing other times is a waste of time. This form of "waste of time" thinking is not even limited to anime related items.

Before there is even animes, some people says reading books is a waste of time.

And why is this so? It is because, if you read more books, you shine one less shoe. THat is, for a person who's job is to make others people's shoe shiny (which is, a perfectly ok way to nake a living).

For a farmer, if their child read one more book, they will plant one less crop. 20 years ago, their book reading child may be scolded quite badly. But in this time and now, the more "educational" book one reads, the better the praise they will hear.

Sadly, anime related items, are still being frown upon by the society as a whole, while sitting down, doing nothing, and watching the television is a perfectly ok thing to do. For my counry, that is.

Not really. Its a way for teens to unwind and release some stress in this fast paced world. You just need to know your limit and be responsible. ^^

fujyoshi

fujyoshi

half elf flame haze

Quote by xxTensaixxyou know i'm 23, my parents are botherin me because i'm wastin my money in that, but you know i don't think i'm wasting my time! (but money yes xD)

you are young and you do what you like to do so you are not wasting your youth!

no drinkin,no smokin is great in contrary!

sometimes it will be cool to go out and do something different but f you don't want do as you wish!

of course when you will be an adult you will have to deal with other stuff like go to work and take care of a family but i know a lot of otaku who have a job, a family and they still livin their otaku life!

just don't listen to what people say, they don't understand your interest so they will never understand your feeling!

but sometimes try to do something different, make new relation and all !

thats a way to look at it because its like, well atleast your not smoking and drinking and going out to clubs and stuff to get yourself in trouble. Anyway like you said I'm sure there are otaku families like maybe theres a whole family 'a cosplayers like the one on cosplay.com I forgot what its called but there was a whole family that made a family account and post all cosplay of each other when they go to cons. I think thats awsome.

meh sig banners are overrated

chopstix07

Kintoki

As long as you excersice and interact with at elast a small group of good friends then it's not a waste of youth. Being an Otaku can even develop some skills, like artistically, you sometimes even learn things from watching stuff.

RieRen

RieRen

Jealousy's The Cousin of Greed

I don't think it's really a waste of youth, of course there is a lot of more
healthier things we could be doing ...
But like what was said before, if it doesn't mess up
your schoolwork, social life, or job
it's fine.

I don't think it's a waste...Just live your life!
I think the person who told you that wanted to make you understand that you need to have a social life, and to discover the world... blah blah blah...
If you think that it's not a waste, so carry on what you like to do, you aim your life.

While there's life, there's hope

i dont think so it is a waste of youth time...how can a people make an assumption like that just because otaku spend most time indoor....i personally believe that it a valuable and good time as long otaku enjoy themselves for what are they doing. What the use doing something "productive' if you dont enjoy it just because being an otaku not "productive"....lol

its a good thing coz we easily make friends with each other and there's a lot of us everywhere! but maybe it still depends on where you are

page 3 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 169 total items

Back to Hobbies & Sports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.