Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Being an otaku, waste of youth? - Minitokyo

Being an otaku, waste of youth?

page 4 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 169 total items

I personally don't think being otaku is wasteful. If you enjoy it then go for it as long you are not bothering other people who may not share your interest. I watch anime, play games, read mangas, bought anime posters and figures. Best of all, I have met other people that I otherwise would not have in contact if it weren't for anime/otaku.

Although I would hope that you will go out a little and enjoy outside rather than stay locked up in your room all the time. ^_^;

Also, don't forget to discipline yourself to get a career that will finance your interest too.

It is a waste of youth if you don't enjoy in your age. It's better to do things that make you happy than to regret later in your life for not doing a thing.

<i>I love you scampi and fenafir! You two rocks!</i>

Retroviolet

Retroviolet

As retro as... something :/

That's the same thing as me. Well, mostly XD lol
I don't think you are. If it makes you happy, then go ahead! Just make sure it doesn't get in the way of your life and prevent you from thriving in the future like going to college and having a job.

Pikachu is the shiz :D

No, absolutely no.
Is lika a hobby is a liking is a form of entertainment...

Signature Image

xANNAxBANANAX3

we like cookies too!

Probably, but it’s better than doing drugs, getting in trouble with the law, drinking or having unprotected sex. There is a good reason why we all watch anime and read manga and it’s up to us whether or not we think we are wasting our youth. The reason why I started watching anime and reading manga when I was younger, was because it was better than watching mindless reruns on Disney channel.

hmm...
get a time schedule,
i also enjoy those stuff, may be i got a little bit over, since i bought a few ---cup, for mas----ate.
i watch anime, alots, almost 300 titles now,
i got almost 3k of mp3 tracks, anime+game songs n ost, selected, its take time for me to filter those.
i i also got more than 4k wallpapers, selected, onli wallpaper of finished anime and game and my favourite tagg, MAID n Waitress ^^
i play games, Ps2, Pc, Clean and "Unclean"
i do read Manga, but not much as anime.
i also went to Gym, since the relax time (watching anime n playing games is the best remedy for Muscle Tense...
im quite short but muscular, ppl wont know im among those Otaku or i prefer to be called as Pre-Otaku.
and of course, the most important is, time management, i always ask for time extension in my pray. quite odd, but 24hrs neva enuf...
till now, still have over 20 titles of anime need to be watch, and more than 40 games need to play!
living as undergraduate student sure drain my time to enjoy...
Reality desukara, utsukushi mono ha jaa arimasen.
bcoz it's realty, nothing as beautiful thing.

i do what i like as long as it not annoys people around me,
i agree with others above that we should enjoy our youth with what we really want to do but not what others might want you to do. But outdoors actvties is imprtnt 2

tokyoraider

Net Wanderer

Yes it's wasting youth, but same goes with everybody else, always telling others what to do while they regret themselves for something they didn't do.

It's a choice, you can't have everything right?

CinnamonToast

CinnamonToast

Cinnamon and Sugar

A youth wasted on being an otaku doesn't look good on college/job applications (unless you actually draw/learn Japanese fluently/3D game design.) I think it's about balance.

fujyoshi

fujyoshi

half elf flame haze

Quote by xANNAxBANANAX3Probably, but it’s better than doing drugs, getting in trouble with the law, drinking or having unprotected sex. There is a good reason why we all watch anime and read manga and it’s up to us whether or not we think we are wasting our youth. The reason why I started watching anime and reading manga when I was younger, was because it was better than watching mindless reruns on Disney channel.

I agree, like notice how most young people these days are either, underage sexing, in truoble wit the law, under age drinking, and the works. Sure parents might tawk crap about there kids liking anime and say its a waste of youth but what would you rather, your daughter to be a street hoe, or your son to be a pimp hitting up clubs every night, or would you rather them have a contructive SAFE hobby such as anime? Thats pretty much how I see it, because my mom doesn't see any positive in anime, I think she feeled disgraced just supporting it by taking me to cons. Wit that I gotta be more careful then anything because like if they discovered my almost secrect(everyone except them know) yaoi obsession or something they'd probably make me get rid 'a my computer, trash all my anime stuff and I'd never see another con again. The least I could do is TRY to make some positive out of it but its kinda hard when your parents are A. old fashioned and B. really REALLY religious. Wanna know how religious? well when someone got me Yu-Gi-Oh cards for my birthday I kept them mostly in secret because I never got into dueling anyway but once my mom found them she made me throw them out saying that she didn't want those demonic things in her house. There was also one point where I experimented wit make up at school back when I used ta be atleast a little more social then what I am now and because I let my "friends" at the time put make up on me my mom thought I'd end up trying sex next o_O for the record I'm a proud virgin whos about to make 20 next monday so hows that for staying out 'a trouble?

meh sig banners are overrated

being an otaku....ugh i just got yelled at my ex for being an otaku and its not anime reason...so i think its bad at least for me. but idk how it is for others

Some People say that I'm a goody good for my own self..Is that true?

Your are wasting your youth if you are in jail.
Anime does not put you behind bars.

Signature
You best be fearin' the ears baby.

Shadow-Hime

Shadow-Hime

Yay stars!

I don't really like going out either.
Heck, I'll do whatever I want during my free time and other people can just but out. (At least this hobby is haking me stay away from drugs and alcohol.)
I don't think anime, video games, etc. are a waste of time. I fully enjoy them and when am I going to enjoy this stuff when I'm in my forties? Unfortunately I haven't found anyone around me that loves anime too. (but then again, I'm pretty shy when talking to new people).
Plus, I'm terribly uncoordinated so dancing/ any type of sports are out of the question. (Unless doing Dance Dance Revolution on the Wii counts).

total snappage with shadow-hime!

i reallly don't going out much, i always end up thtink "ah you know what i could be doing now....playing a game

As long as it didn't hinder your life, I don't think so

You become an otaku because you love being one, and when you do something you like, there is no such thing as wasting your time. Your live to enjoy life, so don't be in despair. It a form of hobby anyways, and different people have different hobbies which they love no matter how are other's opinion of them.

CrappyDude

CrappyDude

Mr. Dude

Probably. But i dont care

iiiMusic

iiiMusic

Nothing To Do...(?)~

Hm...well, I don't personally think that it's much of a problem unless it prevents you or puts a wall between you and reality. Other than that, I think it's fine because for me, animes have taught a lot of things about the real life itself that I probably will never learn unless I knew about animes~ -^-^-

not a waste of time, if ur happy with it.

No, absolutely no.
Is lika a hobby is a liking is a form of entertainment...

like some people have stated,there are things that are far worse and expensive like being an alchoholic,junkie,chain smoker etc. these things are consumable while anime dv
d's will last for almost a lifetime with care and an internet connection that's in a flat rate will cost the same even if you use it all the time or not.

and they those vices mentioned will shorten your life and cost a lot in terms of health care.

though taking care of your physical well being is something not to be overlooked.
-also a job to keep the anime goods going XD

I think that you should do things outside just anime land.
Like, there are plenty of other, interesting hobbies. Maybe you should try photography, or get involved in some music.
I have friends that don't really like anime or don't care about it and we get along great. You just have to find a happy medium. Being
youthful isn't always about drinking or parties either. It's just about having fun and learning.
I don't think being an otaku is a waste, but if that is all you have to be doing with your life, yes, that is a little sad to me that you can't find something in this world of opportunity that you also enjoy.

not a waste of youth but waste of money!

Beeing an Otaku ? it's not a bad idea.

page 4 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 169 total items

Back to Hobbies & Sports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.